PDA

View Full Version : highworth show results

Matty Day
02-23-2008, 12:29 PM
just thought I would let you know that Athena got 72.5

and Aphrodite got 73

so i have decided to breed Athena anyway just as she is less aggressive than Aphrodite to other hamsters anyway there both nice and warm towards me

And Louis (my new addition) got a rosette as I entered him into pets

Anyway how did everyone else get on?

Spuds Mum
02-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Well done Athena Aphrodite and Louis!

Can't wait to hear more aout Louis when he has settled in Matty

Bunsey
02-23-2008, 12:52 PM
well done to both of them! i think if they are that close in points, then you're right to breed the one with the best temprament :wink:

souffle
02-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Well done Matty and hams :lol: Looking forward to meeting Louis and how did you enjoy the show?

sammys/mum
02-23-2008, 01:43 PM
I came fourth in pets! :D Sammy did well for an old boy...Well done for you too! Was yours the chinese that won pets?

Matty Day
02-23-2008, 01:48 PM
no it was the one in the show pen

I really enjoyed myself thanks Souffle .I particularly enjoyed looking at all the hams I had a good long chat with Alex and some other Chinese breeders and learnt a hell of a lot about breeding and showing etc.

Met Holly and basia and plankton to

Holly
02-23-2008, 01:49 PM
It was great to meet you Matty :)

Sammy's Mum you naughty girl why didn't you come and say hi? :P

Well done in pets (Jack and Josh who came with us got third and Highly Commened - Teresa, Sootie was 3rd, Kack's been feeding her up!).

It was a great day :)

sammys/mum
02-23-2008, 01:54 PM
I was a bit overwhelmed :oops: I didnt actually get a chance to speak to anyone as you all looked rather busy chatting about hammies :lol: Next time I definately will :D

Basia
02-23-2008, 02:05 PM
We had a really nice day, met Catja, Molz and her Mum and Matty and caught up with Julie and Leanne. I'm sorry I didn't say hi to you sammy's mum, I definitely would have if I'd known whee you were. Hope you enjoyed yourself anyway.
Truffle came 2nd in her class and I got a rosette for 1st Novice. I had no idea I would get a rosette, I had collected my cards and was helping to sweep up when they were doing the presentations and my name was called out. :P I was very pleased with all 3 of my babies, Gizmo and Pud got 74.5 points and Truffle 75.5 and as they are only 5 months old I was very proud of them. Apparently Truffle is a satin. How I could not know that I don't know :oops: but she was re-classified from the LH self to satin and Chris and Pete Logsdail looked at her after the show and said she is a satin. Well I will know for sure when I mate her, hopefully Monday because if she is satin I should get some satin creams. :D
I also collected my golden boy from Sue. I was planning to get a wife for him later in the year and hoped I would find a satin golden. Well, guess what, there was one on the sales table so I now have Beckham and Posh. I am a bit worried about Posh though, I am posting a thread on the Health section.
I had a great time and am looking foward to my next show, which may be next week if my son will let me go to a show on his 18th birthday. :? (I know you are thinking what kind of a mother am I but he is flying home from New York that day and will probably go straight round to his girlfriends when he gets back....) Anyway I'm going to ask him if I can go. Oh dear, who's the parent???

Holly
02-23-2008, 02:12 PM
You did brilliantly, Gill - I did mention your great first show in the other Highworth thread but thought I'd let you tell them what you got!

I still can't get over the satin thing :?

I also collected my golden boy from Sue. I was planning to get a wife for him later in the year and hoped I would find a satin golden. Well, guess what, there was one on the sales table so I now have Beckham and Posh.

I wondered what you'd name her - hope she's ok :?

Spuds Mum
02-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Well done everyone! And a big well done to Truffle and Gill! What a great day for you all!

And a special well done to Jack's little girl Sootie who was a beautiful girl from my last litter! How proud am I?

well done to all anyway - sounds like you had a great day
(and Gill, just had another look at Truffle on your site, and its obvious now its been pointed out! But hey! what a bonus - you may get your satin cream shortly!) :D

ETA oops missed the bit about Posh - welcome to her - will look at health now! :D

Basia
02-23-2008, 02:48 PM
And a special well done to Jack's little girl Sootie who was a beautiful girl from my last litter! How proud am I?
I saw Sooty and Maltezer, they are gorgeous Teresa, I loved them both.

(and Gill, just had another look at Truffle on your site, and its obvious now its been pointed out! But hey! what a bonus - you may get your satin cream shortly!) :D
Duh! :? Do you remember I thought I had 2 sable satins when they were still with Berry but then they dulled as they got older. Well apparently I did have 2 satins, Minnie was reclassified as well. :oops: Sue, Pete and Chris did say that blacks and sables are the hardest to tell if they are satin though because the normals are quite glossy. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it) :P

Spuds Mum
02-23-2008, 02:53 PM
No I totally agree on that one - with our litter we thought we had one really dark sable who was satin then we thought no, then yes - and that went to Yaffle on HC. She did well getting 2nd in pets at Bradford and will be entered into the main show at Alcester I believe - I wouldnt be surprised if the same thing happened as happened to you!

Holly
02-24-2008, 02:14 AM
I still don't believe Minnie is a satin though! :P

She just doesn't *look* like a satin to me and she's been in three shows before - and judged by Andrew Bryan, no less - and never reclassified before :?

I'm going to put her in non-satin next time (not sure about Alcester as I may "rest" her - though she's got used to showing now and just went to sleep!) which was Sue's suggestion - then I'll see what happens :x

Catja
02-24-2008, 04:26 AM
Well done to everyone, congratulations Gill, Truffle - a satin, can't wait for those babies :lol:

Basia
02-24-2008, 04:36 AM
Well done to everyone, congratulations Gill, Truffle - a satin, can't wait for those babies :lol:

Me either! She should hopefully 'stand' Monday or Tuesday. :D