PDA

View Full Version : i found theese eyeless white pics

Matty Day
02-22-2008, 05:33 AM
browsing wikapedia and found a link and found this :shock:

http://hammysworld.com/index.php?p=eyeless

Bunsey
02-22-2008, 06:26 AM
Kat of BatKat cards has some eyeless whites. they just look like they've got their eyes closed all the time. it's such a shame people are irresponsible. These pics could be quite useful in getting the message accross to people who are intending to breed pet shop hams.

I_am_plankton
02-22-2008, 09:45 AM
It is very sad. I know someone who has one that is 15 months old, she rescued it via a hamster train from Nottingham as the rescue was going to put it down for being unhomeable.

He is very tame and a delight to watch :)

Holly
02-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Poor little things. I guess some are born after mis-sexing in petshops but I do wish these stupid people who think breeding is a game and know nothing about what can happen would wise-up :evil:

Hanlou
02-22-2008, 10:34 AM
How sad..... :(

I would never dare to enter into the world of breeding because my knowledge of genetics is zilch. It seems the more I find out the less I seem to know!!

I do know a tiny bit about megacolon and the danger of breeding high-whites, which can cause the deformities seen here. But you just can't tell some people, they still think it's a case of plonking two hamsters togetether and getting sweet babies.....