PDA

View Full Version : Northern show to be arranged

Bunsey
02-20-2008, 03:19 PM
I was just wondering about the show in May that's listed as TBA. does anyone know what ideas are on the table for this? I was wondering if there's any chance of having it a bit nearer to me? :lol:

I don't know what the rules are with things, but i'd be happy to try and search for a venue, but i wouldn't want to be show sec. What normally happens with show arranging, would someone volunteer to be show sec and then they sort out stuff like the judges and the raffle and all that sort of thing. Doing everything would be a bit much for me, but i'll happily ring some venues.

regarding the location, can it be anywhere? I know that it needs to be accessible from motorways and stuff. Technically, i'm in the midlands, but if i drive 10 mins i'm in the north, so as long as my venue is over the border, it would be ok?

I'm also willing to make posters and stuff to stick up in my local area from my own cost.

Gust0o
02-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Let me know if you need a hand, Bunsey - I'm Leeds/York based.

souffle
02-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Not sure where it is Bunsey at all. If you want to do a show (we did our first one last year) you are not the show sec for that show as it is too much. You have to book/sign/ sort out the venue, do the catering, set up the hall etc and lock up at the end. The hall needs to be a reasonable cost. You need to set up pet posters and publicise it in your local area. It is not hard and you could phone Sue Kilburn and offer if you like. We will give you any advice you need.

Bunsey
02-20-2008, 04:09 PM
yeah, i might contact Sue about it. It depends what venue i can get, at what cost. What is a rough price that would be considered a good offer? If it didn't have a kitchen, can you just buy a load of sausage rolls and make sarnies yourself or something?

souffle
02-21-2008, 01:42 AM
If you do the catering it is up to you so I am sure your ideas would be fine. Just don't overbuy as the club depends on profit from the kitchen a lot. We do toasties (easy) and filled rolls to order plus crisps, home made cakes and drinks.
Halls up to about £9 an hour seem to be the norm in the north with a booking maybe 10-4pm. Ours is £7 an hour which I believe is quite cheap.