PDA

View Full Version : Really nervous about the hammy show

CoolcatNatNat44
02-29-2012, 03:40 PM
I dont know why but i'm really nervous about the Lymm hamster show in 11 days... I guess i'm a little worried about the hour journey with Honeydo in the car. I dont want to stress her out or anything :(

I am planning on getting my chinese at the show but i'm just really nervous lol... Are you sure its not to stressfull for a hamster to travel and be held by someone else at the show? Since she had her op im worried she will loose heat quickly etc..

souffle
02-29-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm sure you will be just fine and Honeydo will sleep all the way there and back :) Hamsters tend to settle quite quickly :)
Have you checked that there will be some baby Chinese booked in for sale? They are not that commonly on sale unless a certain member from the south is there with baby Chinese ( Sue Washbrook from Lilliput)

CoolcatNatNat44
02-29-2012, 03:53 PM
I emailed the show manager yesterday, havent had a response yet though. I'm looking forward to it at the same time, hopefully i wont get lost lol!

vanilla-yazoo
02-29-2012, 03:53 PM
hehe i have traveled for hours to shows, and the hams just settle, so Im sure she will settle down and rest :D
I hope you do find a nice chinese there!!! :D they are soo sweet!!

Pompompoms
02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm sure Honeydo will be fine, mine have always just fallen fast asleep and stayed that way, I think they found judging an intrusion on their sleep!

I am slightly worried about how Rolo will be with judging when I take him to his first show in April, but if it is too frightening from my shy little guy he won't go to any more Whizzbit will go with him of course. I think it's worth trying at least once and seeing how Honeydo handles it. Good luck! :D:D

kyrilliondaemon
02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
If its any help our hams have spent hours in carry cases after a journey went a bit wrong and er... had a 2 hour wait by the side of the road for my Dad and brother to come and sort out a minor car problem.... So that added up to a good 5+ hours in the end (2.5 driving, 2 waiting by the road, time loading and unloading the cars...)
Ours went through a lot that day and were 100% fine so I'm sure Honeydo will be fine :)

fluffymunchkins
02-29-2012, 04:07 PM
As long as honeydo is comfortable with your handling she shouldn't have any problems :)
I've only ever had Robin who freaked out on the judge, and that just cause shes a young madam ;)

They are often quite relaxed on car journeys, with a big comfy nest they'll settle down quickly x

Scarlett
03-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Honestly, I think you'll do fine at a show. As everyone else has pointed out, it isn't stressful, they just mostly sleep all the way there and back. I hope the show manager responds soon with some positive news. I know you must be really excited to bring home your new hammy! :)

Amethyst_ice
03-01-2012, 04:49 PM
yes, my hams did a 5 hour car journey to hadrians wall, the vibrations are soothing i guess, she'll be fine.

and the shows are there to be enjoyed, chillax, take pictures and have fun xxx

oh and good luck with new addition x