PDA

View Full Version : Does your hamster do this??

AnnaSueJ
05-18-2005, 07:15 AM
When Freddy wakes up at night, and is walking around his cage, I can't really tell if it is a cough or a sneeze. Sometimes it shakes his whole little body. Otherwise his eyes are clear and bright, and he eats like nobody's business. I've been keeping a close eye on him the past 2-3 weeks he has been doing this. As well as giving him carrots and broccolli. He loves his broccolli. His #2 is normal looking, not runny, but sometimes green from the broc. I guess. I have used crittercare from the start with him, and I keep his cage clean. (Clean out the corners and from the front of his house) either every night or every other night.

Thanks in advance

AnnaSueJ

SnuggleHam
05-18-2005, 08:14 AM
well maybe hes just sort of waking up and streching? I think if hes acting normal and eating ect then Im sure everything is fine :) its probably just a silly mannerism

babyboos
05-18-2005, 08:25 AM
Try giving him a spoonful of flaxseeds/linseeds or some good quality fish oils nightly to see if they help.

Coco1
05-18-2005, 02:30 PM
... I was wondering whether you could give hammies flaxseed! :D

babyboos
05-18-2005, 03:52 PM
You can sprinkle them on their food or get powdered sprouted flaxseeds which are even better

Coco1
05-18-2005, 05:59 PM
Alrighty then! I'll put some in his dish tonight, see what he think's of them! Munch, munch... :D

babyboos
05-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Make sure he has plenty of water as these do swell up in their tummies.

Coco1
05-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Found out I had some ground organic flax seed, so just sprinkled a tiny bit of this on his food to see if he likes it. He did eat some, so maybe occasionaly I'll sprinkle a little on top, just for a change :D

babyboos
05-19-2005, 03:26 PM
You can add a tablespoon to his dry mix daily if you want - very nutritious for him indeed.

Coco1
05-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Okey Dokey! I know that stuff is good for us (Which is why I have it for my cereal!) but then its like theres always something that comes up in the news where an ingredient that was supposed to be reallly good for you is then found to be bad for men, or women, or both.... so I guess I'm always a little hesitant about some proclaimed wonder foods! Of course I've never heard its bad for hamsters! Yet! :D