PDA

View Full Version : Highworth Show - 22nd February 2008

souffle
01-31-2008, 03:07 PM
THE SOUTH OF ENGLAND HAMSTER CLUB
Presents a show under NHC rules at
Highworth Recreation Centre,
The Elms, Highworth, Nr. Swindon, Wilts
On SATURDAY 23rd February, 2008 at 10.00 am.
(Postcode - SN6 7DD)
Show & sales entries must be received by 9.30 pm Thursday 21st February.
Show Sec Mrs Sue Carter. 24 Shepherds Rise, Vernham Dean, Andover, Hants. SP11 0HD.
Tel:. 01264 737414 E-Mail: [email protected]
ALL SALES TO BE BOOKED IN TO: Tyra Wymark, SALES MANAGER Tel: 07779712304
Please note. No entries will be accepted after this date, except for pets which can be entered on the day before 2.00 pm.
Please enclose an S.A.E. for return of labels or collect them at the show. Cheques and Postal Orders should be made
payable to the SOUTH OF ENGLAND HAMSTER CLUB.
Stock to be benched by 10.00am, judging starts at 10.30 am prompt. Pets judged at 2.00pm.
Judges: - Syrian: - T.B.A. Book steward: - T.B.A.
Dwarf: - T.B.A. Book steward: - T.B.A.
Syrian (20p per class) Duplicate Classes (5p per class)
1. SH Golden 13. Junior (owner under 16)
2. SH Cream 14. Novice (Members in 1st year of membership)
3. SH A.O.C. MALE 15. Intermediate (Members in 2nd year of membership)
4. SH A.O.C. FEMALE 16. Breeders (hamster to have been bred by exhibitor)
5. SH Patterned (M/F) 17. Young Stock (stock 10-16 weeks old)
6. SH Satin (M/F) 18. Grand Challenge
7. LH Cream 19. Non-Standard (No duplicates allowed) (20P EACH)
8. LH Self (except Cream)(i.e. Black, Copper, Ivory, Sable & White)
9. LH A.O.C. Male
10. LH A.O.C. Female
11. LH Patterned (M/F)
12. LHSatin (M/F)
Special Class Hamsters entered in this class cannot be entered in any other class:
20. PET HAMSTERS (judged on tameness and condition only, in own cage)(50p each)
21. PET RABBIT AND RODENT CLASS (As above but in suitable container) (50p each)
DWARF CLASSES (20p per class) DUPLICATE CLASSES (5p per class)
D1. Campbell –Normal m/f D8. Junior (Member must be under 16 years old)
D2. Campbell –Albino m/f D9. Novice (Member in 1st year of membership)
D3. Campbell –Agenté m/f D10. Intermediate (Member in 2nd year of membership)
D4. Winter White –Normal m/f D11. Breeders (Hamster bred by Exhibitor)
D5. Winter White –Sapphire m/f D12. Grand Challenge
D6. Winter White –Pearl m/f D13. Non Standard (No duplicates) (20p Each)
D7 Chinese m/f
Dwarfs may be shown in Syrian Hire Pens if no Dwarf Hire Pens are available. (Other conditions see below)
Sale of stock: Hamsters must be healthy and over 5 weeks old. No hamster for sale to be over 10 months old. The
seller MUST provide a card giving hamsters date of birth, breeder's name and contact address or telephone number and
a box for their transportation home. A commission of 20% will be deducted for club funds. The Sales Manager has the
right to refuse any stock without giving a reason. Please note only fully paid up members may sell their excess stock at
the show. (Membership may be paid on the day.)
Show pens: A limited number of show pens are available or hire at 50p each, maximum 3 per exhibitor. Please order in
advance, allocation is on first come first served basis.
Directions FromM4 J15 Follow A419 (Cirencester). After about 2½ miles turn left (A361 Burford/Highworth).

Holly
01-31-2008, 04:02 PM
Oooh thanks for that, souffle :)

I notice that there is LH "Self" class at this show - that's the first time I've seen this class - is it common?

souffle
02-01-2008, 01:40 AM
Oh yes I see that Holly. Each club seems to have its own 'set' of classes. Sounds like a good idea as a single class like white never attracts much of an entry really.

Holly
02-01-2008, 02:13 AM
Shame I've not got anyone to put in it! I have noticed that Midland shows sometimes split the sexes as well - as they've done here with the patterns and satins - that's quite nice for me as I've got three LH satins and Rolo won't be against the girls this time :wink:

Basia
02-01-2008, 03:04 AM
When I first started looking at show schedules I was surprised there were so few colour classes. Netherland Dwarfs had one for pretty much every colour which made it very easy to make up champions in the less popular colours. I, however, must like a challenge because I showed REW, Agouti and sables which are the biggest classes, there would be 12 REW at a small show, 50-60 at a large. What colour have I stumbled into with hamsters - ah - cream!
I think I actually have an entry for that LH Self class, Truffle.

I_am_plankton
02-01-2008, 03:31 AM
I am looking forward to this show, I am hoping to escape pen steward duty or the like since it is the AGM and will be a very interesting day so I don't want to miss anything.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone, Molly don't be shy, you saw me at Bath so I will come and say hello :) Gill and Julie I look forward to seeing you both also!

Holly
02-01-2008, 05:06 AM
I'm really excited about this show - it will be lovely to see everyone! As Leanne says do not be shy, Mollz :)

Catja is coming as well - anyone else?

Bunsey
02-01-2008, 10:57 AM
I really like how the Southern and Midland shows split the Winter Whites into colours too, as it gives Paddy a chance! when they're all together you end up with about 20 in the class!

souffle
02-01-2008, 11:42 AM
They do in Northern too now Bunsey :wink:

Mollz
02-01-2008, 12:39 PM
I am looking forward to seeing everyone, Molly don't be shy, you saw me at Bath so I will come and say hello :)
Thanks, and thanks to Julie too - I really look forward to seeing everyone there and hopefully will get the courage to talk to people. I felt strange at Bath just hanging around for ages and thought people would think I was weird or shouldn't have been there :?
What happens at the AGM Leanne (or anyone else), and does this mean that only members can be there from a certain time? Although I will probably be joining at this show anyway!
I can't wait and am counting down the days :D

souffle
02-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Only members can attend the AGM mollz but if you join on the day you can attend. The years business is discussed and committee elected and propositions made and voted on. All organisations must have an AGM. I am sure the show will be fun and I wish we could go but it is too far for us.
Enjoy yourselves all.

Mollz
02-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Only members can attend the AGM mollz but if you join on the day you can attend. The years business is discussed and committee elected and propositions made and voted on. All organisations must have an AGM. I am sure the show will be fun and I wish we could go but it is too far for us.
Enjoy yourselves all.
Wow, that was a prompt reply!
So is the whole show the AGM - meaning that only members can attand, or just a section/the end?
Sorry for asking silly questions.

souffle
02-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Well at Northern the AGM is in the afternoon after pet judging and the puplic have left and is held at the other end of the room while the judging is finished at the opposite end!

Mollz
02-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Well at Northern the AGM is in the afternoon after pet judging and the puplic have left and is held at the other end of the room while the judging is finished at the opposite end!
OK, thanks, may join just to see what goes on there then. My mum will be coming, but if she is not a member, but I am, then I take it can she not stay behind for the AGM. I'm not too bothered about staying if it isn't possible, but it may be interesting if it is!

souffle
02-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Well it costs the same to join as a family as a single so she could join too! Non members only can't actually sit in and listen. They can still look at the hams, watch the show, help in the kitchen and on sales etc and I am sure her help would be much appreciated if she did not want to attend the AGM

Holly
02-02-2008, 01:50 AM
I've got an AGM question now - I'm thinking of joining SOE as an associate member as there are several shows I can probably get to (I'm a full member of the Northern and an associate member of the Midland)...can associate members attend the AGM?

I_am_plankton
02-02-2008, 08:09 AM
I've got an AGM question now - I'm thinking of joining SOE as an associate member as there are several shows I can probably get to (I'm a full member of the Northern and an associate member of the Midland)...can associate members attend the AGM?

Yep, associate gives you all the rights, except you won't get a journal for that club :)

Also, the way SOEHC and Midland AGM's work is quite different to Northern I think.

You don't have to be a member to sit in and listen, and they normally start as soon as judging starts - we all sit in a semi circle and listen to the issues being discussed, and can join in etc with our views. You just grab a chair and sit next to someone, they don't ask who you are or anything and it normally takes an hour or so depending on the size of the agenda :)

Mollz
02-02-2008, 12:35 PM

Yep, associate gives you all the rights, except you won't get a journal for that club :)

Also, the way SOEHC and Midland AGM's work is quite different to Northern I think.

You don't have to be a member to sit in and listen, and they normally start as soon as judging starts - we all sit in a semi circle and listen to the issues being discussed, and can join in etc with our views. You just grab a chair and sit next to someone, they don't ask who you are or anything and it normally takes an hour or so depending on the size of the agenda :)

Sounds good, what time does the judging start? Will probably join anyway - but it's good to know!

souffle
02-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Legally only fully paid up members or associate members should be allowed to attend the AGM of any organisation. Non members should not be permitted to attend unless they join before the meeting commences.

I_am_plankton
02-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Legally only fully paid up members or associate members should be allowed to attend the AGM of any organisation. Non members should not be permitted to attend unless they join before the meeting commences.

hmm, they haven't ever stopped anyone before from "attending" since it is done in the same part of the hall as the judging usually since the venues aren't massive. Maybe they don't like to not permit people?

Mollz, judging usually commences around 10.30 with the AGM starting around then usually also :)

Basia
02-03-2008, 02:45 PM

I don't think that's true souffle. I have been organising AGM's for years for the charity I work for and my understanding is that you can't prevent anyone from attending any AGM if they want to.

souffle
02-03-2008, 03:07 PM
mmm well I don't know Basia but certainly within the organisations I am involved with such as BAGSD non members may not attend. Also with and shareholding organisation/banks /building societies etc that is the case however it may be down the organisation to decide. I suppose anyone who wants to go can always check up with the secretary what the situation is and if they are happy with it then no problem.

Basia
02-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Well it may be because we're a registered charity but our AGM and other similar organisations have to be 'open'. I spend a fair bit of time representing my organisation at AGMs!

souffle
02-03-2008, 04:08 PM
That may be it Basia as charities often do not have 'members' as such where as organisations which pay a membership fee do. What is you charity Basia, if you don't mind me asking?

Basia
02-03-2008, 04:21 PM
No I don't mind you asking at all. I work for Mediation Herefordshire. We provide mediation, child and family counselling for divorcing and separating people in Herefordshire. It was a very small organisation when I first went to work there 13 (I can hardly believe it) years ago but it is large now, we are franchised to the Legal Services Commission to provide mediation in Herefordshire and the counselling services just grow and grow, sadly.
I am in the process of constructing a new website for us, our old provider went down recently so this is one of my many ongoing projects.
http://www.mediationherefordshire.org.uk/

souffle
02-03-2008, 04:44 PM
It sounds like a very worthwhile and much needed charity Basia and must be very comforting for the people who need it. I am sure you also get a lot of satifaction from doing this work. It is just a shame it does not receive financing from the government when it is so essential. Good work with the website too.

Catja
02-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Any chance of grants Gill for your charity?

I got £8,500 for my group from the lottery fund :D

Re: Highworth - what time is it best to get there. I am really looking forward to this show as it will be my first, how will I recognise everyone?

How many new hamsters am I likely to come home with? :lol:

Holly
02-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Well, if you aren't showing in the main classes, there is no need to get there at 10 am - unless you particularly want to! Everything tends to be winding down before 4pm and pets is usually at 2pm.

However......if you are thinking of visitng the sales tables (!) you may want to arrive early-ish so that you see them all before lots have been sold (just make sure you save a space on your shelves for my baby - who is likely to be concieved 2 days after the show, with a bit of luck :P

Bunsey
02-10-2008, 02:09 PM
However......if you are thinking of visitng the sales tables (!) you may want to arrive early-ish so that you see them all before lots have been sold

definately - when i first started going to shows, i got to one at 2pm and all the hamters had been sold and they were packing the sales table away!

Basia
02-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Any chance of grants Gill for your charity?

I got £8,500 for my group from the lottery fund :D

Re: Highworth - what time is it best to get there. I am really looking forward to this show as it will be my first, how will I recognise everyone?

How many new hamsters am I likely to come home with? :lol:

Yes Catja, we've had 2 big lottery grants in recent years and 2 or 3 Children in Need grants for the counselling. We also have government funding to supply mediation to people on low incomes/benefits. It is quite a large organisation now but we are constantly fund-raising.
I am really looking forward to Highworth and I know for sure I am bringing home more hamsters than I take because I have one booked. :D

(I will be the well-rounded, middle-aged lady asking loads of questions!) Perhaps we should have HC badges?

Mollz
02-10-2008, 02:46 PM
I want to be there for the AGM if possible - but don't want to look odd hanging around all day (will be entering pets as well), will anybody else be there for the whole day?
RE the badges: I really do think that we should come up with some way of recognising each other, especially as I'm going to need to find Julie to get some wheels off of her :wink: Maybe we should all where bright colours and post what we are wearing lol!

I_am_plankton
02-10-2008, 02:51 PM
we'll all be there all day :) Mollz come and find me/I will find you when you get there and I will then introduce you to everyone including Julie :)

Mollz
02-10-2008, 02:53 PM
we'll all be there all day :) Mollz come and find me/I will find you when you get there and I will then introduce you to everyone including Julie :)
Yay, will do! I'll be the one sat shyly in the corner.

Holly
02-10-2008, 03:05 PM
I'll be there all day as well, Mollz - I'll be the one with several kids and about 15 circular things dangling about my person :x

Basia
02-10-2008, 03:33 PM
I want to be there for the AGM if possible - but don't want to look odd hanging around all day (will be entering pets as well), will anybody else be there for the whole day?
RE the badges: I really do think that we should come up with some way of recognising each other, especially as I'm going to need to find Julie to get some wheels off of her :wink: Maybe we should all where bright colours and post what we are wearing lol!

Most people will be there until the end of the AGM I should think.
I didn't have any trouble finding Leanne or Julie at Gatcombe and I hadn't met them before. I am going to make a point of finding you Molz! :P

Mollz
02-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Most people will be there until the end of the AGM I should think.
I didn't have any trouble finding Leanne or Julie at Gatcombe and I hadn't met them before. I am going to make a point of finding you Molz! :P
Good, good. Hopefully we'll all be able to work out who everyone else is and have a nice day. I'm counting down to it already - guess I'm a bit sad ey?

Matty Day
02-11-2008, 11:52 AM
ifanyone is after me i shall be wearinga very unusaul hat

Bunsey
02-11-2008, 04:56 PM
i aren't going to highworth, but i like the idea of badges or something. i always wanted one of those kiddies badge makers they sell in argos and make badges of my own hamsters :D

my latest idea is getting a laminator... i always want weird random things!

Mollz
02-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Just thought I would add for anyone who isn't a member, but wants to attend the AGM, that Sue from Bourne Valley (the secretary of the club) said that anyone is welcome to attend the AGM.

It's funny how different organisations differ on rules about this...

sammys/mum
02-19-2008, 10:42 AM
I wont know any of you but look for the blue an white carry case...! I'll be close by it as I'm not overly keen at letting my baby out of site! :oops:

Mollz
02-19-2008, 11:08 AM
I wont know any of you but look for the blue an white carry case...! I'll be close by it as I'm not overly keen at letting my baby out of site! :oops:
I know, I'll be a wreck if they are out of my sight for too long!

Bunsey
02-19-2008, 11:15 AM
i dont like leaving my hams at those shows where we're just in a tent or something with tons of people wandering in. they could easily pick up a ham and run off. I didn't like how Oscar was at the front at Bradford, with all those people. The tents are terrible though, you can hardly move for members of the public and it would be easy to swipe a ham.

sammys/mum
02-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Are you allowed to keep the carry case with you if its pets? As I want too look at the other hamsters and stuff! Also I wanted to ask one of you hamster experts what Sammy actually is all they've had is pictures! Would you be able to come over or should I go to you? :D Sorry for being pushy :oops:
Beccy

souffle
02-19-2008, 02:00 PM
You should book your pet in and you will get a sticker with a number on for his carrier. You can keep him with you till just before judging when he should be placed on the pets bench. Some judges like to see the owner with the pet and some just like to judge the pets on their own. Pets are judged on tameness and condition so get out his toothbrush and give him a spruce up before the show! :lol: I would not wory about putting him on the bench while you look around as I am sure he will be in eyeshot. I am sur you will enjoy it.

Holly
02-19-2008, 04:15 PM
I used to really worry about my hamsters at shows and kept a close eye on them for my first few shows - Rotherham especially really concerned me as there were people EVERYWHERE and it was so chaotic. Village hall type shows don't really bother me now and I don't feel a constant need to check my little guys. We'll all keep watch on them anyway.

Bunsey
02-19-2008, 04:51 PM
yeah, i got to rotherham too late to enter my max and paddy and i was a little glad. i wouldn't have wanted to leave them. the amount of people scared me!

sammys/mum
02-20-2008, 04:19 AM
Is there anything I should do before the show to make Sammy look his very best? You said something about a toothbrush? Argh, I'm so nervous!

souffle
02-20-2008, 08:06 AM
I nice soft toothbrush run through the fur can make them look nice. Wipe any stains of the underside with a damp cotton ball and check claws are not too long. Finish him off with a slick over with a soft felt cloth or chamois. Have a nice clean cage/carrier with some food, veg bedding etc for pets and if it is pets you could make a little name tag for the box. Don't be nervous it is fun!

sammys/mum
02-20-2008, 08:37 AM
I really doubt I can even attempt to cut his nails, I am a wreck even with the guinea pigs and they LIKE having it done :shock: ...Is there anyway I can not cut them. They are only a bit pointy!

souffle
02-20-2008, 10:24 AM
I just said check them sammysmum. As long as they are not overlong and curling back or anything they will be perfectly fine. It is quite easy to hold the paw and snip with either small human nail clippers or we use tiny nail scissors. Now dwarfs are another story. We have mastered Kipton but Bingley is a major wigglemonster and we almost manage one a day!

Bunsey
02-20-2008, 10:55 AM
i just read that then, where you wrote that it is easy to hold the paw and i was about to say "you're kidding aren't you!" then i saw that you said dwarves are another story :lol:
it takes about half and hour to get paddy to keep still. we spend 5 mins getting him still, cut one nail and then off he goes wiggling again :roll:

sammys/mum
02-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Okay, Im sure his are fine! Sorry I'm so :shock: Im a worrier :D I need things to be perfect! Thanks for your help and me and Sammy will hopefully see a lot of you there!
Beccy

Catja
02-20-2008, 01:22 PM
I can't believe it. 3 days before the show and I woke up this morning with another cold! Am wrapped up with the hot water bottle!

Will I be let in? If I see a new baby I won't be allowed near it and I will have to view everyone's lovely hamsters from 3 miles away :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Basia
02-20-2008, 01:57 PM
I have another awful cold too Catja. I don't know how many colds and coughs I have had this winter but more than my fair share.
We will have to stay in isolation together!
With my own hamsters I don't handle them when I have a cold, they just have ball time and I don't breathe all over them so I guess it will be the same at a show, just keep a distance and don't sneeze and cough all over them.

Catja
02-20-2008, 04:04 PM
I have another awful cold too Catja. I don't know how many colds and coughs I have had this winter but more than my fair share.
We will have to stay in isolation together!

Must be something in the Herefordshire air! :cry:

Holly
02-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Well that's it - I think I'm ready.

I've got show pens and carriers sorted, I've made a new travel box for Aero, I've got cucumber chilling in the fridge and all t-shirts ironed and ready to wear! All the hams have had a good grooming this evening and I've packed wodent wheels for Gill, Leanne and Mollz. I've got an AA route plan sitting by the door with the show schedule and I've filled up with petrol and got cash out.

Hmmm....anything I've forgotten?!

See you all tomorrow! :wink:

Catja
02-22-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm packed with Lemsips and OH is driving - see you all tomorrow I will be the one ringing the bell and singing "unclean, unclean" :lol:

Basia
02-22-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm ready too, I think. :shock:
I've got the biggest, fattest carrot to cut up you've ever seen. I will make sure that Pudding can't pouch it, wish I could say the same for the dog biscuit. :?

I_am_plankton
02-23-2008, 12:04 AM
I'm ready too, I think. :shock:
I've got the biggest, fattest carrot to cut up you've ever seen. I will make sure that Pudding can't pouch it, wish I could say the same for the dog biscuit. :?

Gill don't worry - most of them pouch them! The judges encourage them to unpouch them lol.

It is Saturday now, I have had hardly any sleep I feel very nervous and a bit sick which always happens when I have to drive on my own to somewhere I've only been once before!

See you all shortly

Bunsey
02-23-2008, 08:49 AM
you're all at the show now! i hope it goes well! i want a full report of how everyone did in a few hours :lol:

sammys/mum
02-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Ooh I'm so pleased my old boy Sammy came reserve (fourth) in pets! :D Not bad for a first timer, we were worried he'd have bitten the judge but no, he was calm and lovely.

souffle
02-23-2008, 08:54 AM
ooooooooo....well done sammy and his mum. :lol: That is great. All that sprucing up obviously did him proud. Did you meet some other forum members?

sammys/mum
02-23-2008, 08:58 AM
No...I was a bit nervous! I saw you all though :oops: Maybe next time I can pick up courage! I also had loads of advice from the ex secretaries husband on how to tame my beloved *cough* campbells who attack me every time I put my fingers near them. Ah well, I'll see maybe they'll calm down! :lol: Next show will probably be Bowood as thats the closest!

Catja
02-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Awwh, you should have said hello to me, I was all out of my depth too, I would have liked to have seen Sammy :lol:

I always get very shy at things too, I got some good advice on how to handle my dwarf WW and bought a hamster hammock!

We didn't stay too long though as I have the flu still and also managed to put my back out.

Bunsey
02-23-2008, 12:15 PM
way to go sammy! :D
don't be shy to say hello. i'm shy myself, but no-one bites.
I'm thinking about making a badge or something for alcester so people can spot me!

I_am_plankton
02-23-2008, 12:38 PM
I didn't realise either of you were there! I was the girl book stewarding for the dwarf judge with the white top on :)

Pearl came 2nd Intermediate out of 2 syrians, and got 73 points overall.

It was a big entry for a smallish venue with 110 dwarfs and 90 syrians!

Spuds Mum
02-23-2008, 12:42 PM
I think you always feel a bit lost Catja and Sammys mum. Although I have been to quite a few now, I still have to take a deep breathe and go talk to people I dont know.

Well done to sammy, and well done to Pearl too. Second out of two means nothing, she is a gorgeous girlie. Did you read the judging book? Did she get some good comments?

I always forget to read the judging book - as its a bit chaotic at the end of the day, and by then Arti's all hamstered out (either that or as Souffle and Holly will confirm, we are rushing off to settle a new hamster home! :oops: )

Catja
02-23-2008, 01:08 PM
I didn't realise either of you were there! I was the girl book stewarding for the dwarf judge with the white top on :)

Ah Leane - long black hair? I think you were stood next to me when I was looking at the Syrians and you were talking to Julie and looking at Pearl in her pen. I was the one with the short bobbed dark hair, jeans and black short jacket on - which admittedly doesn't narrow it down much :lol:

I am very frustrated tonight as I am dying to handle new rescue hammie but can't due to cold :cry: OH is getting all the fun!

Still can't decide what colour s/he is. It was great to see all the hamsters but I couldn't really get a good look as I didn't want to stand over a pen.

Mollz
02-23-2008, 01:30 PM
I had a great day today - especially meeting some of you on here. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, especially regarding breeding!

I am over the moon as I managed to get my LH REC and she is a satin too! She is from tristar hamsters and has parents that won best in shows apparently. She seems very jumpy at the minute and is extremely fast, so I will leave pictures/introductions for a few days.

Catja
02-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Well done Mollz, thats amazing you got exactly what you wanted I'm so pleased.

Bunsey
02-23-2008, 01:38 PM
oh i'm so pleased about that mollz, exactly what you wanted! :D

Holly
02-23-2008, 01:39 PM
It was a lovely day and great to see Gill and Leanne again and to meet Frankie, Molly and Molly's Mum 8)

I had some good news on the Aero front which I'll share in another thread!

Congrats must go to Gill - I'll let her tell you how she did but it was brilliant for her first show :)

We got third in LH Satin (Smartie) and also 4th (Rolo - separated by a plus point!) which I'm delighted with and reserve in Non Standard with Tobes (out of four!). We also 2nd, 3rd, HC and C in our last Novice class (as of next week we are Intermediates :shock: )....sounds great but I did have 8 out of 11 of them!

T'was a brilliant day and I'm looking forward to next week though we (hopefully!) won't have a pregnant Smartie with us but we might have Mars.

Best of all Gill might be coming!!!!

souffle
02-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Aww lovely Mollz..cant wait for pics but I know she will be gorgeous :lol:

Catja
02-23-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm glad there were no baby Syrians left by the time I got there as I think with Bonaparte and hopefully my new babies from Holly & Basia that will be quite enough on my plate not to mention finding the space!

And I just know I wouldn't be able to resist.

Looking forward to the pics when your new hamster has settled in :lol:

Mollz
02-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks everyone. I couldn't resist having a peek at her a minute ago and she does seem to have calmed down a bit since earlier - so she shouldn't be nervous for too long.

Gill did very well on her first show and Julie and Will did well also. It was lovely to see how everything worked and start to understand a bit more.

My mum told me to tell everyone that you can call her Emma, rather than "Molly's Mum"! I know she really enjoyed the day too and is deffinately as enthusiastic as me (with less self restraint).

It will be brilliant to see some of you at Alcester next week, when I will be entering into the main show for the first time :shock:

Basia
02-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks everyone. I couldn't resist having a peek at her a minute ago and she does seem to have calmed down a bit since earlier - so she shouldn't be nervous for too long.

Gill did very well on her first show and Julie and Will did well also. It was lovely to see how everything worked and start to understand a bit more.

My mum told me to tell everyone that you can call her Emma, rather than "Molly's Mum"! I know she really enjoyed the day too and is deffinately as enthusiastic as me (with less self restraint).

It will be brilliant to see some of you at Alcester next week, when I will be entering into the main show for the first time :shock:[/quote]

She's a beautiful baby Molz, I'm sure you will be having a lot of fun with her. :P
It was really nice to meet you and your mum, Emma I hope we meet up again soon.

I_am_plankton
02-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Molly your mum was lovely! I didn't want to ask what her name was :oops:

She definately has no self control over hammies although she "doesn't like hamsters" lol!

Holly
02-24-2008, 02:10 AM

My Caramel is from Tristar and she was a little nervous when we got her - I think maybe because Tristar breed so many hamsters they don't get to handle them all as much as a smaller breeder.

Caramel settled beautifully though and is as tame as any we've got now - last night she got out of her Rex (don't ask!) and wandered over and tapped me on the foot, then waited to be put back :wink:

Your girly is a beauty - I wanted to grab and run but restrained myself :oops: