PDA

View Full Version : an intresting experiment

Matty Day
01-31-2008, 10:09 AM
I am going to do an experiment with my two Chinese girls who are sisters. I am going to breed one and not breed the other to see which one lives the longest and what they die of and see if any health problems arise from either of them.
It will give of some terrific data and if some more people do the same will confirm if there is a link between breeding and lifespan :!:

Bunsey
01-31-2008, 10:18 AM
hmmm... interesting, but I can't see it working, because if the one who had a litter got ill and died, how would you know if she wouldn't have got the same illness anyway? you'd need to do that with hundreds of samples before it became any where close to valid.

souffle
01-31-2008, 12:11 PM
It is way to small a sample group Matty and also too many other external factors in play to make a definite conclusion. I am trying to collect some info on lifespan myself at the moment which I hope to write up. (see my 'how long do they live thread). I am having trouble getting enough data through numerous websites to have a valid set of results. I can see some patterns emerging though but will wait a good while to get as many results as possible.
Enjoy the pleasure of your first breeding experience without making it into an experiment.

Matty Day
01-31-2008, 01:34 PM
I will do infact I'm realy looking forward to Highwoth already :lol:

babyboos
02-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Hi Matty your ingenuity is commendable
but please don't breed just for the sake of an experiment
I hope you find some more worthwhile reason to breed one of your girls as I doubt you will really achieve much with this plan sadly
I hope you enjoy Highworth