PDA

View Full Version : Which cage?

Chloe xx
01-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Hi. I have no hamsters at the moment but i was wondering which cage to get i have seen three and they would be for a syrian and dwarfs maybe in the future.
The three i have chosen are:
Zoozone 2
Savic ruffy 2
The 'Alexander' from Zooplus

Again these would be for a syrian and if i got a zoozone it would be meshed with 6mm mesh.

riri
01-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Because you say you might get dwarfs in the future, then I'd say a ZZ2 purely because you won't have to buy another cage however that last one looks pretty amazing for a Syrian (I have never had one myself however, but wow!)

Mona's Humans
01-24-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm an alexander fan for syrians, but not sure on its suitability for dwarfs - sorry :)

TraceyH
01-24-2012, 05:01 PM
I have three syrians in three Ruffy2's. A good sturdy cage with the door and sturdy lock on the top. It's just the right size as well, not too big and not too small. So, easily moved about.

Hammie.A
01-25-2012, 06:58 AM
I know its not in your chosen bit buuut

this is a very good cage, would happily house dwarfs and syrians in this
xx
Hamster Cage Fabio: Great Deals on Hamster Cages at zooplus (http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/hamster_cages/hamster_cages/36603)

KatiePillow
01-25-2012, 10:43 AM
I think that the fabio is a bit tall? Because hamsters tend to be clumsy climbers, it's usually better to have a cage that is wide than tall, like the ones the OP posted :)

I'd go for the alexander, purely on looks and because it's a dream cage.
But practically I'd say the zz2 might be better, I've got very messy hamsters and would hate to see what'd happen without a tank style cage, I'd be worried about the substrate being kicked out.
But then again, the alexander is pretty ;)

kyrilliondaemon
01-25-2012, 10:58 AM
The Alexander bar spacing is fine for dwarves too :D
Last time I saw the bar spacing someone said its 7mm and therefore fine for all species.

I'd go for that really as its no mesh needed, and it looks like a great cage. I want one but a. don't have the money, b. don't need a new cage, and c. don't have an excuse for a new cage.
We got the ZZ2 when buying larger cages as we needed two and they're a lot cheaper, but if we had £200 to spend rather than the £100ish I'd have bought two Alexanders. With the zoozone theres mesh required and you need loads and loads of substrate to get the maximum floor space because the sides slope in and it makes more of a difference than you'd expect in the end.

I don't know about the bar spacing on the savic ruffy, so wouldn't buy that unless you could find it out and it was 7mm or less really.

I'd also be careful with the fabio unless you can find out the bar spacing, and yeah, I'd personally avoid it because of the height. Adding full levels to cages is effort I'd prefer to avoid when paying lots for a cage anyway, and without them I'd not feel comfortable using the fabio really.