PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Grey-ham Norton!

Spuds Mum
01-29-2008, 12:38 PM
On Saturday we picked up our new little dark grey boy from Harrogate. he is a hamster bred by Pennine hamstery. Arti had decided on the name Grey-ham Norton as..
he is a Grey-ham
and Arti said "Norton other hamster!"
Despite this Arti fell in love as soon as Grey-ham fell asleep in the crook of his arm during the Harrogate show.

We were warned that he was the naughtiest hamster in the world and that he had bad bar rub on his nose as well as nearly destroying the plastic base of his cage! We therefore decided this young hooligan needed neither a wire cage nor a Gabber, and so decided on a Perfecto tank.

Grey-ham has settled in so well, and despite being a lively little guy is very happy to be held. He also, as you can see from the photos, has his own ideas of how to do things. Despite a perfectly serviceable ladder and tree house, he insists on undertaking a ridiculous route of climbing up and over his water bottle to get to the higher shelves.

Anyway, a couple of photos - note the bar rub, and the inventive climbing style!

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_greyham_001.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_greyham_002.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_greyham_003.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_greyham_004.jpg

Hope you think he is as lovely as we do!

Basia
01-29-2008, 12:51 PM
Oh wow Teresa, he is a stunner. I love him, as you know I do have a very soft spot for greys.
His home is very impressive too.

jayne
01-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Aww, he is a cracker!!
He has such a lovely face, so cute :D
His new home looks fab

Holly
01-29-2008, 01:15 PM
He is an absolute stunner, Teresa - your pictures are brilliant as always but he's even cuter in the flesh. I did think about grabbing him and running off with him when you weren't looking :P

Is it too early (or too late!) to put my name down for a Dark Grey when you have babies (after you and anyone else who got there before me)???? :wink:

His tank looks absolutely wonderful also (perhaps you could review the Perfecto tanks when you get a chance?).

chase
01-29-2008, 01:15 PM
What a gorgeous hamster with such a pretty innocent face. Hes lovely. :lol:

Spuds Mum
01-29-2008, 01:24 PM
What a gorgeous hamster with such a pretty innocent face. Hes lovely. :lol:

Innocent? Pah :roll:
He has already perfected that look that all men seem to be able to do then! :x

And Julie - you are already down on my list. Hopefully we will be able to get two lines going with Vala and Yowie (Yowie carries dark grey) and with Grey-ham and (hopefully) one of Yaffles new litter..
One week old and I am planning to destroy the little girl's innocence already! Am I really such a monster? :oops: :shock:

Matty Day
01-29-2008, 01:48 PM
lovely hammie
ive got one of those perfecto tanks there good the only critsizim of them is there are awful to clean they take ages to dry and have inflicted a few bad scarthches on my bath :twisted:
however they would make one awsome breeding cage thats what im using mine for. :evil:

Catja
01-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Great pics, I looooove Greys :D

souffle
01-29-2008, 04:43 PM
He is just gorgeous. I love those big innocent eyes. I have even met him and had a stroke of him at Bradford and he is just as cute in real life :lol:

babyboos
01-29-2008, 05:43 PM
what a great name and gorgeous hamster :wink:

DonnaB
01-30-2008, 05:49 AM
What a beautiful boy! :D

annc
01-30-2008, 11:13 AM
He's beautiful - great name, too.

Faye
01-30-2008, 11:44 AM
he's great :D
love the climbing shot! :lol:

Hanlou
01-30-2008, 12:39 PM
He's a very handsome boy! :D

Lol at his climbing, he looks like he's doing some sort of tree frog impression in that pic..... :lol:

Spuds Mum
01-30-2008, 01:10 PM
He's a very handsome boy! :D

Lol at his climbing, he looks like he's doing some sort of tree frog impression in that pic..... :lol:

I'm convinced he thinks he is Spiderman and can climb up glass! :x

Thanks for everyones comments - we are very proud parents and think he is lovely! :D

pophammy
02-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Aww, he is gorgeous! Great pics! :D