PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Ponyo!

hannahbubble
01-12-2012, 04:14 PM
This is the first decent picture I have of her. The flash picks up more brown than you can actually see in person.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxlw3sUNQo1r9xvr8o1_400.jpg

She went in her ball for the first time yesterday, then had a brief run over my hands, although today she was like, nope, not going in there again!

KatiePillow
01-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Nice to meet her ^.^ as I said before, her colouring is really beautiful, I love how light her face is :)

hannahbubble
01-12-2012, 05:00 PM
She says thank you, haha. I'm still not totally sure she is actually a she. I'm thinking her back end isn't lumpy but it might not have developed yet if she is in fact a he!

kyrilliondaemon
01-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Shes gorgeous! I usually think chinese are cute (lets face it, I think anything that'd naturally have four legs is cute if its got fur), but I do love her colouring :)
Its a really good photo too, so well done getting it.

StarlightSerenity
01-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Her colouring is gorgeous! Love her name :D

racinghamster
01-13-2012, 01:59 AM
She probably won`t appreciate using a ball to be honest. My chinese plays on my bed in the evenings with a fleece cover and some other soft things she loves to play in and under and I sit with her. Chinese hamsters are very mouse-like and won`t topple off the end of a bed like other dwarf species or syrians because they have better grip. The bed must have a fleece or other similar material over it as a cotton duvet cover might prove too slippy at the edges. It shouldn`t reach down to the floor though because a chinese will drape down and cling on until it reaches the floor! :mad:

They don`t appreciate open spaces and will flatten out their bodies and put their ears back, so make sure she has places to hide and snuggle in when out and about. A ball isn`t something I would use but then I don`t like balls for any hamster, not just a chinese.

hannahbubble
01-13-2012, 04:50 AM
Thanks guys :)

RH, at the minute the ball is just a way of getting her out of the cage, especially as its a dark colour, I wouldn't make her run in it because she probably can't see that well in it.

Once she is used to me and comes out for play time she will be having it in the ball pit my piggies go in, probably with a fleece cover down.

racinghamster
01-13-2012, 05:34 AM
Oh I see, that sounds fine then. Have you made your little funky pocket hammock yet? ;)

hannahbubble
01-13-2012, 06:30 AM
I haven't! I've been revising :( But after Tuesday I am free to make hammocks, and stuffed owls, and guinea pig tunnels :D

StarlightSerenity
01-13-2012, 06:31 AM
Ooo make sure to post pictures of what you make :D I'd be interested in seeing the owls :D (Been looking for an owl pattern, haven't found one I like yet :( )

hannahbubble
01-13-2012, 06:34 AM
Of course! I found this book for kids called Super Cute Makes or something, for £3 in the discount book shop in the Arndale, and it has really cute owls! :)

hannahbubble
01-13-2012, 02:11 PM
I've just had Ponyo out, she climbed into her ball again today and had a bit of a run on my hands. She almost went down my tshirt at one point!

I managed to get a peek at her belly, and she is definitely looking female, there wasn't any fur in between the two ends of her downstairs area! And she isn't looking lumpy.

racinghamster
01-14-2012, 01:56 AM
T.shirts are a favourite place for Chinese hams! :mad: She will probably run up a long loose sleeve and into your top! Prinny always does this and then sits in there and then decides to climb up and out the other sleeve!

I`ve had little seed shells fall out of my clothing because she decided to make herself comfortable and eat what she had in her pouch inside my clothing! :mad: They really are lovable little creatures which is why I love the chinese so much. Just make sure your clothing is tucked in and not loose or she could fall. It`s better to let her climb in when your sitting down just to be on the safe side. Expect to feel little claws and teeth though on your belly!!!! :mad::mad::mad: It feels more like being tickeld to death than anything else!

Jandrhamster
01-14-2012, 09:27 AM
she is one lovely hammie! i love chinese hamsters well tbh i love all hamsters im addicted lol ^_^ and i hope she is a girl! she sounds like she is ;)

Malorey
01-16-2012, 06:44 AM
Such a pretty little one! Interesting coloration. :)

My hamsters have always loved T-Shirt exploring as well, haha. :p

Mikayla
01-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Holly-Jia, my Chinese, likes to sleep in my shirt. Well...she actually likes to sleep in my bra. I roll my eyes and let her, she's so spoiled :rolleyes:

Sandrilene
01-17-2012, 11:03 PM
With chinese once they are older u can tell if they are boy or girl. unless they have reproductive issues and don`t descend properly.

Lynternette
02-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi Ponyo. Your colouring is beautiful.