PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Highworth?

Catja
01-21-2008, 07:00 AM
Hi everyone

Who will be going to Highworth?

This will be my first show. I won't be entering a hamster but am dying to see all the different types, as we definitely would like a proper breeder ham this year, so we are looking forward to seeing possible parents :D

souffle
01-21-2008, 07:24 AM
Why not take someone for pets Catya. Its always nice to have a try. :lol:

Basia
01-21-2008, 08:05 AM
I'm going. :D
So are Gizmo, Truffle and Pudding.

Holly
01-21-2008, 08:51 AM
We are going too - not sure which hams we're taking yet but I'll be surrounded by a gaggle of kids and hamsters as always :wink:

sammys/mum
01-21-2008, 09:08 AM
Hi, yeah I'm hopefully going! And taking Sammy as well...have to be in a carrier now though as just bought him a Hamster Heaven. Imagine if I carried that in. I can barely hold it!
See you there!

souffle
01-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Ahhh so sammysmum has now got a spare empty cage :lol: I would be very careful at that show if I were you sammys mum :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

sammys/mum
01-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Trust me I'm sooo tempted...who knows? I doubt my bathroom can hold another cage though. (I move them at night) You can barely move with the heaven and rex.

Mollz
01-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Me and Gizmo will be goind, maybe Buttons as well - but hes still a bit jumpy, so probably not!

I also have a spare cage now - so doubtless will come home with a new little one :) In fact, I have 3 spare cages once my other Gabbers arrive :wink:

I_am_plankton
01-21-2008, 12:00 PM
I will be there with Pearl and a pet entry or 2. I won't be buying anything as I have promised a breeder down south I will be getting some non standards from him when they pop up in a litter

Catja
01-21-2008, 01:11 PM
I think Desi our rescue hamster mght be a possible for a future show in pets once he has truly settled in, possibly Monmouth as that is on my door step.

Want to see the colours in the flesh so to speak and see what I like, trying hard to resist getting one although......

Looking forward to seeing Holly & Basia's hammies as I know you are both thinking about litters later on this year :wink:

Holly
01-21-2008, 02:23 PM
Looking forward to seeing Holly & Basia's hammies as I know you are both thinking about litters later on this year :wink:

Immediately after Highworth for me (well for Smartie and Toby actually :wink: ) ...and also for Basia, I think :)

Matty Day
01-21-2008, 02:34 PM
I am definitely going but I am not sure if I will bringing any hams with me as I might have to stay overnight in a hotel on the way there meaning I probably wouldn’t to popular with the owners but finger cross I might be able to bring one of the girls
i am picking up a male Chinese and have him entered in the main show as I have already made arrangements with the breeder

Basia
01-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Immediately after Highworth for me too. Balou x Truffle or Pud. :P

Catja
01-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Good, gives me time to save up for another Hamster Heaven or two! :lol: :lol:

I'm not sure what colours you guys are having but it will be nice to see what the colours look like for real, especially the sables and the different roans, also looking forward to seeing satins for real as it is difficult to get a real sense of the coat from pics.

Holly
01-22-2008, 12:13 AM
Mine should be creams and sables plus hopefully minks, REC and cinnamon - all LH and a mix of satin and non-satin. If one of them goes into a hamster heaven with you, Catja, I'll be more than delighted :P

It is a bit of a revelation at shows when you see all the colours and coats as they should be for the first time. You might be looking at most from a slight distance - once they are all benched you can't touch them or indicate openly which are yours - but you can walk round and look at them all and try to work out which class is which!

Basia
01-22-2008, 04:04 AM
No satins in my first litter. :( They should be LH sable and cream. I am planning to mate Cara to Runty in March though and they should be a mix of LH/SH satin and normal cream, sable and some roans.

Catja
01-22-2008, 06:51 AM
It will be nice to see some sable coloured hamsters at Highworth to see what they look like, most photos show them as sort of brown.

At the end of the day though, what I really want is a hamster with a good temperament :D