PDA

View Full Version : Poor charlie with bare nose from cage rub

chase
01-10-2008, 06:46 AM
My beautiful syrian looks like Adam Ant with bare nose. Although it looks really bad its getting better as it was red and sore. He comes out every night to play as he is totally tame now so I dont think he is bored, but will get him new house if it carries on. :? http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii62/7upduck/SP_A0293.jpg

Spuds Mum
01-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Awww - still a 'Prince Charming' **bad joke** :oops:
Gosh he really has rubbed it bare hasn't he? I'd be inclined (in fact I'm 'adamant' *another one*)to remove him from a barred cage to give it a chance to heal. To get to that stage he has obviously done some serious bar chewing.

You could even make him a bin type cage for not much cost which would allow his nose a break, giving him loads of extra toys to hopefully take his mind off the lack of bars!

Good luck and hope you find a solution quickly before he starts wearing frilly shirts and military jackets :x [/i]

Spacemonkey
01-10-2008, 08:31 AM
LOL @ Spud's Mum :lol:

My Bailey did that a while back, and she rubbed it all off the side of her mouth too, looked like she had a huge grin :D At least being otherwise occupied with babies has allowed it time to grow back.

There's not much you can do to stop them when it becomes a habit, I've had limited success with threading strips of cardboard through the area where they sit and chew, sometimes they get distracted and chew that instead.

chase
01-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Awww - still a 'Prince Charming' **bad joke** :oops:
Gosh he really has rubbed it bare hasn't he? I'd be inclined (in fact I'm 'adamant' *another one*)to remove him from a barred cage to give it a chance to heal. To get to that stage he has obviously done some serious bar chewing.

You could even make him a bin type cage for not much cost which would allow his nose a break, giving him loads of extra toys to hopefully take his mind off the lack of bars!

Good luck and hope you find a solution quickly before he starts wearing frilly shirts and military jackets :x [/i]
I have started making a bin cage but realised the bottom of the bin is not totally flat and worried he will chew his way out. I will have to venture out and find him a another house without bars. I dont want him to start wearing any frilly shirts. :lol:

souffle
01-10-2008, 12:00 PM
He has definitely done himself a nasty damage there. He needs moves out of the bar cage as he has a bit of an addiction to it it seems. I do not think he will chew out of the plastic bin cage so I would make the move now and start the healing. Red did this and always has a lighter patch over the bit where it was rubbed away.