PDA

View Full Version : which method to use?

Matty Day
01-08-2008, 11:36 AM
As I have never breed hamsters before let alone dwarf hamsters. I want to know what would be the best method to breed Chinese hams. would the Syrian method be best or should I let them share a cage for a while and let them get on with it any thoughts?

souffle
01-08-2008, 12:21 PM
I would seek advice from someone with knowledge of Chinese Matty. Sorry we have none. Perhaps discuss it with the breeder of you pair or female or go to a show and talk to pople before starting. If you do let them live together you will eventually have to separate as the female should not have endless litters which she would if you left them together so it probably would not do any harm to put them together but you should not do this until the female is settled, tamed and of the correct age to breed.

babyboos
01-23-2008, 05:53 PM
I was a colony Chinese breeder but I have still a few friends who breed CHinese and sadly they seem to fare better with Syrian style introductions now.

Bunsey
01-24-2008, 10:54 AM
i'd get advice from an expert as chinese females can be very nasty to the males, biting their testicles off. Try Alex on hamsterforum.co.uk