PDA

View Full Version : Roborovski Breeders? South Wales.

Erin Loves Dwarf Hamsters
10-20-2011, 02:45 PM
I hope it is ok for me to post this as I am also looking around other places too and just wanted to increse my chances of finding a good robo breeder. :)

Looking for: One(1) male roborovski
Area: S.Wales (Newport/Monmouth) area or areas close by (eg north Bristol)
Reason: I am looking for a young hamster to become a cage mate for my lone adult male roborovski after slow and careful introduction of the two. I would also like the robo to be suitable for show and possible breeding, to have a pedigree and a friendly and social temperment.
Other Details: Please only experienced breeders not neccissarly members of the NHC etc but breeders familiar with the clubs would be preferable.
Robo pup to be available for homing from November onwards.

Please PM me with any details or questions. :)

lisab
10-21-2011, 06:29 AM
You could go to a show, they arnt that far from where we are anyway :)
Oak farm would be your best best. there is a website. and i sure if there was some availble that you could meet her at a show and pick him up.
Good luck for your search

10-21-2011, 06:33 AM
Thanks Lisab! :) I have been looking in shows but they only ever seem to have females and it looks like I wont be able to go to the Bath show next month which is the last show I can get to this year :(
I will check out Oak Farm though, thanks for the heads up :)

hardcore-hammies
10-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Breeders (http://www.southernhamsterclub.co.uk/new/index.php?option=com_weblinks&view=category&id=43%3Aham-breeders&Itemid=70)

10-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the Link HH but I have actually had a look at them before and none of the ones who breed robos are close by :( This is such a difficult search, gives me another reason for becoming a robo breeder in a few years though.

hardcore-hammies
10-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Heyy any luck yet ?? X

newham
11-13-2011, 02:53 PM
maybe we should organise hamster studding?
I would love some Robo's prehaps someone with boys should make a date with someone with a decent girl, let the magic happen one time for a litter XD

Flamestriker
12-04-2011, 12:05 AM
Isn't a there a hamstery in Newport? I think it's called Pick n mix but I could be wrong. hedgehog hamstery in Cardiff is no longer listed tho where I used to purchase my stock from years ago. :confused:

12-04-2011, 03:11 AM
Pick n Mix doesnt breed roborovskis unfortunatly :/ There are lots of breeders nearby but they are all Syrian breeders. :( Ive decided to wait until the breeding seasons start up again next March/April time and then see if either Sussex or Oak Farm have any Pups that will be right for me. Its a long wait, but it is worth it. :)

lisab
12-04-2011, 07:21 AM
No i dont breed robos, just syrians and starting in campbells and chinese :)

Flamestriker
12-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Robos next in line then Lisab? Gowon, u knows u want to!

lisab
12-05-2011, 04:23 AM
No way lol i rehomed a pair of robos from someone who didnt want them anymore. they are way to fast for me. i like my slow hams

If you need hammy train help give me a shout :)

newham
12-26-2011, 06:11 AM
I wouldnt mind robos after my dwarves...so if there is a breeder in wales area or rescues let me know.

Jandrhamster
12-27-2011, 05:01 PM
My bro lives in Cwmbran and said about the RSPCA in Newport I know its not exactly a breeder but still sells hamsters?? if not then ignore me :) ive never been there but my bro rescued a dog there but isnt sure about hamsters

12-27-2011, 05:22 PM
When I eventually get my hams they'd obviously be breeder hams because they will be the start of my robo lines but I'm sure that other people looking for robos will find that link very helpful :)

Jandrhamster
12-27-2011, 05:45 PM
I didnt notice the bit then about breeding typical me! i see now :)

newham
12-31-2011, 12:38 PM
hey I got Reno you get a girl and I'll loan you him for a good time..... hang on did I just become a hamsters pimp?

Lougarry
12-31-2011, 02:09 PM
The nearest I could see to you when I was researching, Erin, was Wiltshire - but his hams have won quite a few prizes so they must be good ones. Maybe he would be willing to meet you in Bristol or something?
Home - Wessex Hamstery (http://wessex-hamstery.webs.com/)

01-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks LG, Rob was one of the breeders I contacted originally but he didn't have any hams at the time :) Ive decided that when I do get my breeding hamsters I will try to get one from Rob at Wessex Hams and one from Tammy at Oak Farm as they are the best robo breederrs that I could find after months of searching, it wont be for quite a long time yet anyway:)

Laura is Reno a breeder robo? I might consider that offer :p :lol:

newham
01-14-2012, 05:31 AM
well looks like I have inadvertantly become a breeder little ones showing some signs of pregnancy now.

Jandrhamster
01-14-2012, 02:29 PM
well looks like I have inadvertantly become a breeder little ones showing some signs of pregnancy now.

excited? what breed is she?

lisab
01-14-2012, 02:36 PM
robos maybe lol

Jandrhamster
01-14-2012, 03:21 PM
sorry like duh! i was not concentrating lol. Erin maybe in luck... if shes still going to do so because she had a syrian.

01-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Lol Jack, I want to get my robos from a long term breeder so that I will have their genetic history as I want to be breeding agoutis and dont really fancy a white face poping out of nowhere in my lines until I have had at least 4 or 5 agouti litters (not from the same female of course) :)

And yeah I am still sticking to my dream of breeding robos :) Im looking for the parents this Spring/Summer and I will be breeding them in Spring 2013, that gives me plenty of time to check that they have no health issues. So basically the same plan but pushed back 1 year :)

newham
01-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Ah mine are Robo's and I will keep you posted right now they dont seem to be doing anything but they did clear the bread and milk I did for them.