PDA

View Full Version : what do you need to do to enter a hamster in a show

Matty Day
12-02-2007, 09:42 AM
As I am definitely going to a few shows near to me next year. In search of prime breeding stock .I decided to enter one of my girls in one or two shows how do you enter them into the show

and also is it alright to take a hamster on public transport. as unfortunately I cannot drive until I take my test in April next year

souffle
12-02-2007, 10:51 AM
You need to look at the schedule for the show you wish to enter. Check who the show secretary is and telephone them saying you wish to enter a hamster and xplain it is your first show. The secretary will ask the type of hamster and direct you to the correct class which will likely be D7 for Chinese. Tell them how many hamsters you want to enter and that you also want to enter duplicate class D9 Novice as it is your first year. You should also ask to hire a dwarf show pen or two if your hamsters are kept separatly as all hamsters must be shown in standard show pens. When you get to the show you show go to the secretaries desk and pay your entry fees, pick up the show pen and stick on your stickers and put it on the bench. You will need to put fresh shavings in the pen plus one piece of fruit or veg such as a slice of cucumber or carrot. They will give you a dog biscuit to put in. Leave your hamsters on the bench and the pen steward will put them in their class. If you want to enter pets you can arrive in time for this and enter on the day with your hams in a secure box. Bear in mind that if you are not a member you may still enter but you cannot take away any trophies you win as these are confined to members.
It will be fine to take them by bus/train just be sure they have a secure box and do take shavings and a bit of veg with you.
Good luck and hope you enjoy!