PDA

View Full Version : The (Baby) Girls

Basia
11-19-2007, 04:11 PM
I took a very few photos of my baby girls who are staying with me and Holly's Cara this evening before my camera batteries gave up. Here are 3 of them:

Firstly Cara who is growing up into a beautiful young lady with the most friendly disposition:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/20Nov005.jpg

Then Pudding, the BEC from my own litter, all 6.5 ozs of her at 8 weeks:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/20Nov008.jpg

Finally the slightly slimmer 6 oz Truffle, my sable baby:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/20Nov001.jpg

Will try and take some of the boys later in the week.

Christine Yule
11-19-2007, 07:33 PM
awww, they are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and look forward to the next pictures!

Spuds Mum
11-20-2007, 12:56 AM
Oh they are still so beautiful Gill. Bronte sends a kiss to Cara :lol: they so look so similar still!
Pudding looks fantastic and obviously is living up to her name (still), she certainly seems to take after her 'Chunky' dad's name. Truffle looks gorgeous too, what a fur coat already.
They are all doing really well for 8 weeks aren't they? Thanks for letting us coo over them
:x

Spacemonkey
11-20-2007, 01:19 AM
They are adorable, Pudding is extremely cute - and obviously living up to her name :D

souffle
11-20-2007, 01:41 AM
They are adorable. What are you feeding them Basia... the chunky monkey Ben & Jerries? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holly
11-20-2007, 02:17 AM
They do look wonderful, Gill - Cara looks like she's settled in wonderfully and Pudding and Truffle look gorgeous!

I, too, am wondering what you feed your babies :P ....I weighed Minnie last night and she's 120g at just 8 weeks :shock:

Unfortunately the scales broke (ie Will broke them...grrr) before I had chance to weigh any of the others so I can't say what Caramel's babes weigh but they aren't as big as Minnie. I'm guessing it has a lot to do with activity levels - Minnie is rarely on the wheel which is the same as our two boys and they are now a lot bigger than the constantly running girls :?

Basia
11-20-2007, 03:34 AM
They are adorable. What are you feeding them Basia... the chunky monkey Ben & Jerries? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He he, I think I may have overdone the porridge and baby food when they were with their mum. :oops: They still have porridge a couple of times a week and baby food once a week.
The whole litter were big, Gizmo is 5.5 ozs which is as heavy as his dad already. The only smaller one is Runty who is also over 4 ozs and heavier than Balou and Cara at 3.75 and 3.5 ozs respectively.
I don't know what I did really :? but they are already bigger than their parents and they are all wheel runners.

lau200
11-21-2007, 02:59 AM
what lovely colouring :D very pretty girlies

Bunsey
11-21-2007, 03:47 AM
what beautiful young ladies! i especially love the sable lass! :D

Holly
11-21-2007, 05:31 AM
Got new scales - hurrah! So I'm going to weigh all my guys and girls tonight - I know my babies aren't as big as yours, basia, but I'll be interested to know the different weights. They less than a week younger than yours/Minnie so I hope it's not a huge difference - I think the boys are quite big (lazy!)but the SH girls less so (sadly I don't understand ounces so I'll have to try and work it out :oops: ).

Basia
11-21-2007, 07:13 AM
Pudding is 184 grams Holly, Cara is 99 grams, Truffle 170 grams and Gizmo 156 grams.
Hope that helps. :)

souffle
11-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Well Cara is nearly the same as her brother Napoleon as he is 102g. Sometimes babies from a large litter are smaller at first and catch up later on.

Basia
11-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Cara is a bit smaller at the moment, but she is very solidly built. Runty who is also smaller feels skinny when you handle him but Cara is a solid handful. Balou is somewhere between, he is not as skinny as Runty but not as solid as Cara.

Holly
11-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Well I've weighed all of our hamsters tonight - and got a few surprises! I'll post everyone's weight in the weigh-in thread so I don't take over your baby thread, Basia - but I thought I'd post my baby weights here:

Minnie 152g (I don't think she's put on 32g in 2 days - my other scales that broke must have been wrong :P )

Mars 145g (I knew he was big but he weighs more than Rolo :shock: )

Kitty 125g

Button 122g (he was one of the "runts" initially)

Milly 115g

Smartie 109g (the other "runt")

Weighing them all has proved to me that picking them up and guessing who's the biggest is extremely inaccurate - I'll do regular weigh in's now.

Basia
11-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Well I've weighed all of our hamsters tonight - and got a few surprises! I'll post everyone's weight in the weigh-in thread so I don't take over your baby thread, Basia - but I thought I'd post my baby weights here:

Minnie 152g (I don't think she's put on 32g in 2 days - my other scales that broke must have been wrong :P )

Mars 145g (I knew he was big but he weighs more than Rolo :shock: )

Kitty 125g

Button 122g (he was one of the "runts" initially)

Milly 115g

Smartie 109g (the other "runt")

Weighing them all has proved to me that picking them up and guessing who's the biggest is extremely inaccurate - I'll do regular weigh in's now

Well my baby thread started with how much Pudding and Truffle weigh. :D
I think it is very interesting. Your babies are doing really well Holly, they were a bigger litter than mine.

Bailey-Benji
11-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Aww they're all gorgeous too!

Must...steal...

DonnaB
11-22-2007, 02:28 PM
Theyre beautiful!