PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Shiloh!

Roxie
09-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Wooo! Shiloh has started to sleep on my lap now. She was all curled up on me for an hour today.

I couldn't bear to wake her despite the awful pins and needles I developed in my leg :(.

Millie
09-26-2011, 11:45 AM
aww! what a magical feeling:) Little Evie is currently rolling around on the floor in her ball and keeps blocking the screen (havent yet got a computer desk:/ cant decide if she likes it in there or not:(
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j335/MillieAlexander/DSCF1425.jpg

racinghamster
09-27-2011, 01:33 AM
How sweet Roxie. She does sound as though she trusts and loves her mum! :) I have Prinny out on the bed now too in the evenings and she plays away running in and out of my fleece bed jacket that I lie on the bed for her and a few other soft accessories. I can`t believe how much she wants to play and interact for a hamster that is said to be very shy and hides a lot! I suppose it depends on the individual Chinese hamster and how they are treated. They soon settle into a routine.

Millie, I would ditch the ball and allow Evie to play with you and on you. :) People use these balls like sheep because they are sold for hamsters. I feel they are too enclosed and tire or stress some hamsters. They are only meant to be used for ten-fifteen minutes at a time anyway and I don`t particularly like the fact that a small animal might feel stressed or trapped in one.

Making a playpen from a few old cardboard boxes and selotaping the sides together would work better and you could sit on the floor with her. ;)

This thread is for Chinese hamsters and I believe Evie looks like a syrian? :mad:

lucky
09-27-2011, 02:17 AM
"This thread is for Chinese hamsters and I believe Evie looks like a syrian? "
How speciesist! ;) All threads for all hamsters. I love seeing Evie pop up in all threads, boo to you racing hamster.

Roxie
09-27-2011, 03:30 AM
How sweet Roxie. She does sound as though she trusts and loves her mum! :) I have Prinny out on the bed now too in the evenings and she plays away running in and out of my fleece bed jacket that I lie on the bed for her and a few other soft accessories. I can`t believe how much she wants to play and interact for a hamster that is said to be very shy and hides a lot! I suppose it depends on the individual Chinese hamster and how they are treated. They soon settle into a routine.

I swear, she turns me to absolute mush! :mrgreen:. She chirrups when she's out with me now, all soft and contented it's so beautiful. I really can't imagine my life without a Chinese now, I was always a Syrian fan girl but the Chinese now tie with Syrians as my favourite breed <3. They are such delightful pets, I really can't understand why they aren't more popular.

Yeah, I am also surprised by how active and outgoing Shiloh is, much like Prinny she's very open to play and exploring. I was expecting to have such a shy little girl but she's into everything. She was pretty bold right from the beginning.

racinghamster
09-27-2011, 08:19 AM
I know what you mean Roxie, they are such endearing, `into everything` little creatures! I love their personalities. It`s such a shame they won`t tolerate one another because I would have more than one if that was the case!

I only pointed out that syrian hamsters have their own section because that`s what each species section is for? ;) Much as I like tresspassing syrians! Each to their own.

LawaRawr
09-27-2011, 10:39 AM
awwh that is good news about Shiloh, she must really trust you :D