PDA

View Full Version : Biting Water Bottle

leigh
11-16-2007, 01:12 AM
Need a bit of help.
Alcatraz keeps biting the metal drinking part of his water bottle. Is is getting to the point where I am going to have to take it off him, which is really something I do not want to do!
I am concerned that he will do serious damage to his teeth if he keeps it up.
The only part of the cage that he bits is the door as he had sussed out how to open it, so I would not say that he has been a bar biter in the past.

I_am_plankton
11-16-2007, 03:21 AM
Unfortunately it's just one of those things. He should grow tired of it and get bored. A tip would be to pick him up every time he does it and move him to a different area of the cage. He will soon get bored!

Spacemonkey
11-16-2007, 03:26 AM
Oh, I feel your frustration on this one :D

My Rio does this and he makes himself soaking wet all over his face.

The only way I've found of stopping him, for a while at least, is to keep moving the bottle about to different places on the cage. It seems to distract him from the constant chewing :wink:

Bailey-Benji
11-16-2007, 07:47 AM
My Marley likes to empty water bottles too and make a racket! She's even pouched some before and soaked me. :shock:

I found that re-arranging the cage totally distracted her and now she actually drinks from the water bottles rather than empty them! I've found it only works short term (a couple of weeks) and then she's back to doing it again - but I rearrange the cage every time I clean it - it's stopped her.

(She has a zoozone, so there is only 1 place for the water bottle)