PDA

View Full Version : lymm show

lau200
10-27-2007, 08:28 AM
i was just wondering if any of you can give me some idea what to expect at the show, i've never had the chance to go to a show before :oops: i've convinced my fiance to take me and i'd like to enter my ww Lavender in pets. as it starts at 2, would it be a good idea just to go about 1, that way she isn't stuck there for too long. i don't think she'll have a problem if the judge wants to hold her!

is there anything else i should expect?

also will there be stalls or anything there?

Bunsey
10-27-2007, 08:56 AM
i went to lymm last march and it was a nice venue. i'd get there at about 1pm for pets. you put the cage or carry case on a table with the other pet entries, then the judge picks them up and holds them while he judges them. the rosettes go down to about 8th place i think, which is nice cos there's a high chance of getting one. there was some tables set up with some hamster toys and also some other bits and bobs that you could buy. there's often a tombola, too. there's also hamsters for sale of course, which i love having a good nose at :wink:

if you've never been before, allow some extra getting lost time... i've gotten lost on my way to every venue :oops:

Holly
10-27-2007, 12:18 PM
The last Lymm was our first show and we loved it!

We just did pets but I went early because I wanted to see/learn as much as I could. Our hams all went in modules of their own cages and they seemed settled and ok - we use bins now as it's easier to get them out for pets judging. I think arriving at two-ish would be fine but, as Bunsey says, allow extra time to get there - it always takes us longer than we think.

We'll be there so be sure and say hello - when we see Lavender we'll know it's you!

Jane
10-27-2007, 12:24 PM
I want to go but I know dad wont be too keen on driving 1h30 to it...before everyone tells me, I know people travel that far to get to most shows but all the other shows we've been to have been like an hour or under away...any fun things my dad would like to do in Lymm so it will be worth the journey from his point of view? :lol: :lol:

souffle
10-27-2007, 12:39 PM
We will look out for you too lau and I am sure Lavender will be fine. I think there will be racing at Lymm so you may want to put her in for that. There is usually a raffle and tombola and a few items for sale. Lymm is a pretty village to walk round if you like too. Hope you come :lol:

lau200
10-28-2007, 03:40 AM
i'm hoping to make one of those t-shirts with some of my animals on, i doubt i could fit them all on.... so i'm sure you'll spot me even if i don't see you. plus i'm really shy and i have a very bad habit of being in a world of my own, so should it happen- i'm not ignoring you on purpose :oops:

Bunsey
10-28-2007, 11:44 AM
don't worry, the first couple of shows i went to i had a habit of embarrassing myself by screaming "ooooh, loook at that cuuuutie woootie!"

i restrain myself now, sometimes.

Spuds Mum
10-28-2007, 11:47 AM
don't worry, the first couple of shows i went to i had a habit of embarrassing myself by screaming "ooooh, loook at that cuuuutie woootie!"

i restrain myself now, sometimes.

How do you manage that Bunsey? I can't manage to do it! So I will be there - I will be the one with my hands tied behind my back so I cannot bring home a new hamster! :oops:

souffle
11-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Well Pophammy and I are not going to be at this show as my dad has been poorly and is having a triple heart bypass so we are going up to Scotland to visit him and cheer him up we hope. Don't know when the op will be yet as he needs to be fitted in to the busy schedule but we want to vist as he cannot travel to us at the moment. Hope you all have a good time.

Spuds Mum
11-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Well Pophammy and I are not going to be at this show as my dad has been poorly and is having a triple heart bypass so we are going up to Scotland to visit him and cheer him up we hope. Don't know when the op will be yet as he needs to be fitted in to the busy schedule but we want to vist as he cannot travel to us at the moment. Hope you all have a good time.

oh Souffle & Pophammy, I do hope everything goes well for your Dad. I will miss having you there at the show (who will talk sense into me and Arti now?) but you will feel better having seen your Dad, as its hard to be away from family at times like these isn't it. We wont be bringing any hamsters home this time (apart from Bronte) and it would have been so nice for you to see us achieve this 'first'!! *hugs to you both, and special wishes for your custard grandad*

babyboos
11-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Best wishes to Custard Grandad from all of us
hospitals are marvellous at these surgeries now
my father-in-law looks great after his and so much happier, and healthier (and a good 3 stone lighter!)
hope he doesn't have too long a wait, and hopefully he wont have a few stone to loose before he gets the surgery like my FIL had as it was a long slog (quite literaly on the treadmill).

Holly
11-09-2007, 01:42 AM
So sorry we won't see you Souffle and best wishes to your dad. Mine had an aortic valve replacement in July (his second one) and is doing brilliantly. I think it's a terrifying thing for anyone to face - literally handing your heart over to someone else. But the cardiac surgeons are brilliant and complications these days are extremely rare. My dad always said he tries to remember that these ops are their "bread and butter" and they do them every day - like we turn on a pc. It was lovely watching my dad recover from his op and get fitter and healthier every day - he's like a new man now!

souffle
11-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks everyone. For sure he does not need to lose weight Babyboos. He could do with gaining some really but he had always been a lean dad! I will pass on all your good wishes and let you know when he will be having his op.

babyboos
11-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Will be thinking of you all - good trip up and pack your summits!

Holly
11-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Just bumping this in case anyone planning to go has forgotten their entries - last day tomorrow! I've just phoned mine in and have painted show pens ready and waiting!

We are taking Caramel, Rolo and Turner for the main show.
Treacle obviously isn't well enough for pets/racing and I'm not sure about Custard and Mocha either - they are both over one and both seem to being slowing down a bit - I just don't know if they'll enjoy it. None of our babies are old enough - I was wondering about entering Minstrel into pets and racing - she's 8 weeks old and very tame and lovely (especially if Will gets her out rather than the judge). Is she a bit young though?

We've got Tinsel and Syrup (friends' hams) coming with us for pets/racing :)

Spuds Mum
11-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Just bumping this in case anyone planning to go has forgotten their entries - last day tomorrow! I've just phoned mine in and have painted show pens ready and waiting!

We are taking Caramel, Rolo and Turner for the main show.

I've been painting today too Julie, but I'm not very good at it (cages may look worse by the time I've finished :oops: )

We have entered Butterbean (she can say hello to her sister)
Dubaku (he can say hello to his brother) and
Vala (she can say hello to any Carringtons I guess!)

We're going to have a family event then!! :x although I dont think ours will do any good, we are just entering them to keep learning!!

Bunsey
11-14-2007, 11:41 AM
i've e-mail the secretary, but i always worry incase they didn't get the mail and i turn up and aren't entered :cry:

Jane
11-14-2007, 11:47 AM
i've e-mail the secretary, but i always worry incase they didn't get the mail and i turn up and aren't entered :cry:

Why don't you ring them?? You know for sure then? :)