PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Elmo :)

LawaRawr
08-25-2011, 08:05 AM
I wanted to introduce you all to elmo my new Chinese hamster , im unsure if it is a boy or a girl because my parents adopted him/her so i will soon find out once i start to tame him/her.

i was only supposed to be allowed one hamster at a time but after my parents found out my grades from college they decided to treat me and let me get another hamster :).

LocoRocoPanda
08-25-2011, 08:07 AM
That's a girl Chinese.

Boys are VERY obvious. X3 Like Syrians you can always see their boybits.

SnickersTheFirst
08-25-2011, 08:09 AM
What a cutie! You should know pretty quickly if it's a boy, their bits are very...large and prominent. :mad:

Gillzy
08-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Awww! Lovely, so sweet :D Love the Winnie the Pooh background too! ^_^

LawaRawr
08-25-2011, 08:12 AM
oooh thank you LRP & Snickers my mum said the lady in the pet shop kept refering to her as a he but then someone else said it was a girl so they got my poor mum all confused haha :)

LawaRawr
08-25-2011, 08:14 AM
Awww! Lovely, so sweet :D Love the Winnie the Pooh background too! ^_^

thank you :D
haha i love my winnie the pooh wallpaper :mrgreen:

LocoRocoPanda
08-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Awh. So confusing, eh? Pet shops don't understand sometimes.

Here, a piccy of a Chinese boy XD

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h387/Detective-Prince/Hammies/DSC00412.jpg

That's a Chinese boy.

Your Elmo looks very very sweet though. She's a little dom spot. AWH. :D You must have got very good results so congrats on that as well.

HamstersOfHell
08-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Elmo looks lovely! And I love the name :mad:

LawaRawr
08-25-2011, 08:22 AM
^_^ ooh i see thank you for clearing that up for me LRP i didn't realize that it was so easy to tell the difference by a picture , he is a very cute ham :) .

& thank you , i got an A* an A and a C so they were pleased :)

Thank you HOH :D

LocoRocoPanda
08-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Oh yea that's my old Aizen. X3 It's very easy to tell once you've seen a boy properly. :)

Wow those are fab results!! :D Bet you're proud!!!

LawaRawr
08-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Oh yea that's my old Aizen. X3 It's very easy to tell once you've seen a boy properly. :)

Wow those are fab results!! :D Bet you're proud!!!

:p awwh thank you , i was really shocked with them tbh .

CoolcatNatNat44
08-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Well done they are good results :) I love Elmo she is so cute :3 I want a chinese hamster now haha but i have enough work with 2 !

LawaRawr
08-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Well done they are good results :) I love Elmo she is so cute :3 I want a chinese hamster now haha but i have enough work with 2 !

hehe thank you :) , she's my first chinese hamster and when i saw her for the first time i nearly cried :L she's so small .

fluffymunchkins
08-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Well done for your results, what a fab reward :D
Elmo is very sweet x

MzWiz0915
08-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Elmo is very beautiful! Congrats on the good grades and congrats on being a proud parent of a chinese ham!

racinghamster
08-26-2011, 01:40 AM
Congratulations on your exam results and your new chinese ham! :) If the `boy-bits` are not there, she is a she! So Elmo will soon be Ella! :mad:

Remember too that chinese should`nt have any sweet treats or sugars in their diet LR. You probably already know this but do research just incase. Burgess Supahamster harvest (not the dwarf mix) is a really good food for chinese hamsters as it has good variety and small extruded biscuits. Harry Hamster is also fine, but has huge syrian sized biscuits and not many smaller grains. But you can buy other additional foods to add from supermarkets and healthfood shops. :) These are:

kallo organic wholegrain puffed rice (Tesco & Holland & Barratt)
Buckwheat (Tesco & healthfood shops)
Jumbo oats (tesco and healthfood shops)
Millet (plain and canary mix) (any pet shop)

I also pick out the yellow corn/maize from the hamster mix and add the other things to make up for this. Corn kernels and flaked maize contain natural glucose, which is why it`s best removed and replaced. :)

Letichia
08-26-2011, 02:05 AM
Congratulations on your results and your new addition! Elmo is lovely :D

LawaRawr
08-26-2011, 02:53 AM
awwh thank you everyone :D

LawaRawr
08-26-2011, 03:03 AM
Congratulations on your exam results and your new chinese ham! :) If the `boy-bits` are not there, she is a she! So Elmo will soon be Ella! :mad:

Remember too that chinese should`nt have any sweet treats or sugars in their diet LR. You probably already know this but do research just incase. Burgess Supahamster harvest (not the dwarf mix) is a really good food for chinese hamsters as it has good variety and small extruded biscuits. Harry Hamster is also fine, but has huge syrian sized biscuits and not many smaller grains. But you can buy other additional foods to add from supermarkets and healthfood shops. :) These are:

kallo organic wholegrain puffed rice (Tesco & Holland & Barratt)
Buckwheat (Tesco & healthfood shops)
Jumbo oats (tesco and healthfood shops)
Millet (plain and canary mix) (any pet shop)

I also pick out the yellow corn/maize from the hamster mix and add the other things to make up for this. Corn kernels and flaked maize contain natural glucose, which is why it`s best removed and replaced. :)

thank you for the information , ive been doing some research and looking around for the best food but i have to keep her on p@h food for the time being as thats what she was on in the pet shop but hopefully i should be changing her on to harry hamster if i can find some , pet shops near me don't seem to sell it :( .

i added a little bit of millet in to her mix and she seems to really like it :) .

thank you again for all of the infomation :D

racinghamster
08-26-2011, 03:25 AM
No problem. :) Enjoy your little one. x

Kira
08-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Aww congrats on your new ham-baby.. shes stunning!

And good lord to the boy chinese pic! those is some mega man hood!!! mines def a girl! must feel like pulling a trailor along behind LOL

Hansome chap tho! awww