PDA

View Full Version : My hamster is a t.shirt squater!!!

racinghamster
08-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Recently, my chinese female Prinny has taken to running up my pyjama sleeve in the evenings and in through the shorter sleeve of my t.shirt and sits in my tucked in t.shirt and makes herself at home while I have to sit there bent over! :mad:

Just last night, she was doing this and she sat still for about two minutes. I wondered what on earth she was up to so I pulled out the collar of my t.shirt at the front and all I could hear was nibbling.....the little tinker had emptied her food into my t.shirt and sat there nibbling away leaving crumbs piled up in my clothing!

Needless to say I had to shake out my t.shirt afterwards! :mad: She now realises that this is a game she plays so I`m having to do this every night to keep her amused!

MzWiz0915
08-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Hahaha! Sounds like Prinny is a lovely little ham :)

ashari
08-24-2011, 01:28 PM
lol!awww prinny sounds totally adorable!i would be over the moon if i can get that kind of bond with my eve :)

racinghamster
08-25-2011, 12:18 AM
She was at it last night again although only nibbled the one piece of food! :mad: She just seemed to discover that my pyjama sleeve was something she wanted to explore and ever since, this is her little nightime game now, but I also hand-feed her a few seeds and she knows to come over and mooch and then runs off into her stash corner with whatever I give to her, or if it`s a piece of mealworm, she will sit there and eat it quite happily.

She still retains the chinese shyness, but she does`nt take long to find my sleeve that`s for sure! :mad:

MzWiz0915
08-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Aw, sounds like a very sweet night time routine! I love the name Prinny btw :)

racinghamster
08-26-2011, 01:30 AM
Her original owners named her Princess but I changed it slightly to Prinny! :) I could`nt see myself calling Princess all the time! :mad:

MzWiz0915
09-01-2011, 12:39 PM
I think I may use that name sometime in the future :) It's really stuck with me, I think it just suits a little lady ham, especially a Chinese one like your Prinny :)

racinghamster
09-02-2011, 01:14 AM
Thanks. Sometimes names just come to me naturally. I always name my small pets by accident and not intentionally. Usually I just talk a load of jibberish and a name just comes out! :mad: I always call her my Prinny Pom-Pom now! :mad: