PDA

View Full Version : Chinese drinking habits.

Roxie
08-08-2011, 04:22 AM
I should start this post by saying I fully expect that I'm being totally paranoid...

I'm a little worried about Shiloh as she doesn't seem to really be drinking much. I know she knows how to use the bottle because I have actually witnessed her drinking. She has a classic bottle so I know even one drop will be quite a lot of water for a ham of her size.

I'm looking for reassurance really. She seems fine and healthy the way she whizzes about. Are they big drinkers?

SnickersTheFirst
08-08-2011, 04:50 AM
Not really, Bailey only drinks a few ml per day. You can check they are getting water, when they drink watch for bubbles rising in the water. :)

Roxie
08-08-2011, 04:56 AM
Thanks Snickers. Definitely saw bubbles when she was at the bottle. Sounds like she's drinking roughly the same amount as Bailey so you've reassured me and eased my paranoia :mad:

racinghamster
08-08-2011, 05:21 AM
Much the same here Roxie. I see Prinny out only a few times in the day and she licks at her `mouse-sized` classic bottle for only about ten seconds and that`s it. If you see the little air bubbles while she`s drinking that`s good. :) It`s when they drink a LOT of water more frequently that can be a sign that diabetes may be present, but obviously keeping her diet healthy with no sugars or high fat, she will thrive.

Roxie
08-08-2011, 05:45 AM
Ah brilliant! I knew I was being too paranoid :mrgreen: