PDA

View Full Version : Should I try to pair him up again?

Dollheart
08-28-2007, 07:23 AM
I have a little chinese male, alone and a bit sad now :( as his brother died about a month ago. They are roughly 2 years old.

But they never once fought or even scuffled,they were always curled up happily together.
I am completly smitten with chinese hamsters because of those 2 boys ^_^
Their natures are so gentle and placid, very shy and retiring around new people but lovely and snuggly when they are settled, slinking along.
I have never been bitten or nibbled, outside or inside their cage (ahem. my hand in the cage. not all of me >_<) being met only with inquisitiveness.

Since Slinkys brother died, he put on a little weight and became less sociable but he seems to be regaining his 'normal' character and weight now.
I have pondered if another chinese boy could be introduced to him as company but because of the conflicting information regarding if they can be kept in social groups or not i am torn :/

xlaniex

souffle
08-28-2007, 11:21 AM
I don't think your little one would accept a new cagemate now at his age. It would be too stressful for him. Now he seems to have gotten over his loss a bit and is more settled extra love and attention from you will keep him happy. We have never kept chinese but have often admired them and I love the feeling of their little curling tails when they climb over your hands. Adorable.