PDA

View Full Version : Travel cage

valerie
07-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Hi all

When I clean Glitter's cage I put her into a smaller (travel cage) and she looks so lost smelling and running around like crazy :confused:, I dont want to upset her but not sure were to put her while I clean her cage:(. I put alot of her toys and house from her cage into the travel cage. I have also taken out the fluffy bedding and replace it with torn up kitchen paper

Krou
07-06-2011, 12:36 AM
If you have a jogging ball you can put her in there and let her explore the house.

princessbarbie1988
07-06-2011, 12:56 AM
I do the same when I clean Pepper out. I let him run about in his ball while I clean his cage and then he gets some 'handling' time after. I find that he is a lot more willing to walk around my hands after because my hands smell of his cage so they smell more familiar.

Erin Loves Dwarf Hamsters
07-06-2011, 02:58 AM
If you put a little of the dirty bedding from glitters cage into the travel cage then she may not freak out so much as it smells much more familiar :)

valerie
07-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Thanks I put Glitter in a hamster ball everyday to run around but thought i would try the trave cage

AliKati
07-06-2011, 07:52 AM
If you have a bathtub, you could also put Glitter in there with a blanket and her toys. I also have a large cardboard box I fill with bedding and cardboard toys, to put my ham in when I'm doing some cage cleaning. These spaces are larger than a travel case and might help reduce the stress.

valerie
07-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Thanks you for the replies