PDA

View Full Version : Syrian Hamster Wheel & Toys

Anthony
07-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Hey there,

it's Arthur's birthday at the end of the month so I'm looking to completely redo his hamster heaven for him! I want to get him a new wheel and several new toys. He will be 1.

We will also be celebrating the birthday of out other syrian, Ginger. We aren't sure of his age but we have realised that he has began to slow down so we are going to celebrate his second birthday on the same day! Usually if we don't know, we just celebrate the day we brought them home, however, we fear that he won't live that long. So early birthday!

I'm looking for quiet wheels which are big enough for Syrians. It has to be quiet as they live in my bedroom! :)! List as many toys as your hamsters love, all help would be appreciated. Preferably from Equine Canine Feline.

Cheers ^^

Hamtastic
07-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Great idea!

You can try this wheel:
Rat Wheels & Balls : Enclosed SAFE Senior Rodent Wheel - Rat, Degu Hamster 28cm (11") : www.EquineCanineFeline.com the place to buy all your Pet Products, Horse Products and Pet Supplies online (http://www.equinecaninefeline.com/catalog/enclosed-safe-senior-rodent-wheel-degu-hamster-28cm-p-4195.html)

I hear it's good. It's about the same as the highly praised Wodent Wheels, but they only seem to be selling the Wobust Wodent Wheels, which are huge (very wide). You can get a Senior Wodent Wheel (11" and hamster-narrow) too. Can order from Transoniq.com site (Transoniq is the manufacturer):
Wodent Wheel International Ordering (http://www.transoniq.com/international.html)

wiggle'smommy
07-04-2011, 02:32 PM
I would also recommend the Senior Wodent Wheel - I'm mad about it :mad: It is quiet and they absolutely love it! The on from ECF is an imitation so it should be great too :)

AliKati
07-04-2011, 03:33 PM
One of my syrians likes his hammock. He'll do a bit of climbing and then sit in it. :)

Nagrom
07-05-2011, 12:05 AM
SWW for wheel.As for toys tunnels and houses are your best bet if you looking for something your hamster will appreciate more than something that you will like.Many even a self of sorts could be nice

purple_x
07-05-2011, 02:45 AM
I have the 29cm Karlie wheel from Zooplus (sorry it's not from ecf!) and it is totally silent, all you can hear is the patter of little hammy feet.

$hAzZa
07-05-2011, 06:55 AM
SWW or silent spinners which I have for my robos, and its completely quiet in my room :) x

linford27
07-05-2011, 07:04 AM
senior wheels are good, ufortunately silent spinners dont work for us sicne Charlie throws his whole body at the wheel evrey step he takes anyway so it always shakes

$hAzZa
07-05-2011, 11:47 AM
2 smooth stones placed on the wheel stand help reduce the shaking :) x