PDA

View Full Version : chinese pee habits?

ashari
07-01-2011, 02:30 PM
hey everyone

just have a question about there pee habits and how there different to the syrians pee habits.iv read on here that they pee in there wheel and tubes??do they have a corner too?also how often do you have to clean there cage

thankies and sorry for saying pee alot hehe :mad:

Ministottie
07-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Well mine used to pee in her wheel but she doesn't as much now. I clean her out once a week as she can get a little smelly, but she is a lot better to when she was a baby. I don't notice where she pees, maybe because she is so tiny so there isn't much pee XD

fluffymunchkins
07-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Males tend to be much worse than female chinese.
I have to clean my chineses wheel every few days or so as it gets very stinky.
Hes not too bad otherwise and doesn't seem to pee in anything else, but his cage is the only one that seems wiffy.
Its also important not to overclean stuff as this can encourage them to scent it more.

racinghamster
07-02-2011, 01:33 AM
Hi ashari. My female chinese comes out a few times during the day, goes straight over to her toilet roll tube and uses it as her loo! :mad: Which is great because I can see exactly where she pee`s and how much by the stain it leaves! She does pee in her wheel but not greatly. I too wash her wheel every three days or so depending on whether it needs washing or not.

Watch where he/she prefers to `go` and place a toilet roll tube or something similar near the pee and see if the hamster decides to use it? Not too sure of a hamster corner toilet would work but I don`t see why not as they do like to pee and poo in sand so I`ve heard! :mad:

thelittleteacup
07-02-2011, 04:39 AM
mine pees in her wheel, i have to clean everyday! x

SnickersTheFirst
07-02-2011, 04:44 AM
Bailey will only pee in cardboard tubes which is quite useful as I can remove them every few days. He refuses to use his sand/potty litter corner like all of the other hams. :mad:

thelittleteacup
07-02-2011, 04:46 AM
yes! @snickers the first! why is that! lol all my other hams are potty trained just not my chinese and my god ive tried! lol

i maybe also should have mentioned my twinkles diabetic so she drinks and pees alot! x

dan_parsons
07-02-2011, 06:03 AM
Pip (female) used to wee in her wheel every night. :)

Vectis Hamstery
07-02-2011, 06:10 AM
My only chinese hamsters with a 'wet corner' are my diabetics. The others don't seem to have a particular spot. Fingers crossed, my boys seem to have stopped peeing in their wheels. I think cleaning the wheel only weekly has helped a lot with this.

ashari
07-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks everyone :)

so do chinese's have a different smell to Syrians because of the pee?do they smell more or the same?