PDA

View Full Version : Shocking Pet shops

Nagrom
07-01-2011, 12:46 AM
Just soap shocked,went into a local pet shop yesterday and as routine went to have a look at the hamsters.At first glance they all looked like dwarf hamsters but when I looked closer they where Syrains.They where so tiny smaller that a small dwarf.Shurely it's wrong to sell them at that age and they where 5 in a tank about 20cmX20cm.I just feel it's so wrong,it's sad how they don't care about the animals they sell.They had been removed from there mother because they shop lady said they got them in today.Just thought I'd share this.

souffle
07-01-2011, 02:36 AM
Please take up your concerns directly with the store in question or report to a local authority or animal welfare agency. There is no point in posting these matters on the forum.

Nagrom
07-01-2011, 02:42 AM
My bad for sharing,won't do it again.

souffle
07-01-2011, 02:48 AM
We do understand your frustration but we are getting so many of these posts lately and really the only way forward is to take this up yourself at the store in question. I have personally done this with some success.
I'm sorry if you have taken offence and grateful that you did not name the store as name and shame threads are not acceptable on the forum.