PDA

View Full Version : Sonny's New Cage :D

rockstar11p
06-29-2011, 10:31 PM
As some of you may know, my male Syrian, Sonny was way too big for a 10 gallon tank. I got him from a rescue back in April and bought a 10 gallon tank in the spur of the moment, because I was too excited about getting another hamster. Finally, I able to get him a suitable cage I can be proud of. I ordered a Ware Natural Cage for Hamsters off of Petsmart.com : Ware Natural Wood Cage for Hamsters - Small Pet - Sale Category - PetSmart (http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4470991)

He absolutely loves it! He's running around having the time of his life, and loves climbing the bars ( Which makes me nervous, because he seems to like falling just as much)

It was on sale for $35, and with shipping and tax it came to about $43. It is an amazing deal for a such a low price. I has so much floor space, and the ramp doesn't take away too much room. On top of that, the base is deep, so it's hard for him to kick the bedding out. I really love it, so far it's impressed me. This is my first time using wire cages, so I was kinda nervous. Knowing how nice this cage actually is, calms my nerves a lot. The Crittertrail 2 goes for about the same price, and this cage is a billion times better. I just go it today, but I'll keep you updated on it's pros and cons as the days go by. ( but between you and me, It seems like a keeper)

For now, enjoy these picture of Sonny and his new cage. The first picture is of him eating a rice paddy, wedged between his Comfort wheel and the bars of his cage (He thinks he's a ninja)

- The mini platform that came with it is on the second floor. Like others have previously mentions, it's not very sturdy, so I put it on it's side to act as a guard rail so he doesn't keep jumping off the second floor. ( only slightly effective, but still)

It's actually really sturdy on it's side :P

rockstar11p
06-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Also, I was wondering if you knew of any animal I might be able to keep in a 10 gal. confortablly?

SnickersTheFirst
06-29-2011, 11:43 PM
I'm thinking that most mammals wouldn't be able to live in a 10gal comfortably but I'm not sure about fish?

The cage looks really nice btw! I hope he likes it. :D

Katarina
06-30-2011, 01:40 AM
yep, I think one gold fish is going to be somewhat comfortable in 10 galons?

Christmas_hamster
06-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Nope goldfish need about 30 gallons for two (they're social). They are messy fish and require a lot of maintenance. A betta on the other hand would love a 10 gallon!

Hamtastic
06-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Looks nice :) I loved mine too, but my non-syrian hams didn't :(

Pomegranate
07-01-2011, 04:06 AM
A betta on the other hand would love a 10 gallon!

I just google-imaged 'betta fish' - oh my goodness they're so pretty! Amazing colours.

thelittleteacup
07-01-2011, 04:35 AM
yes they are i have a betta called mr.featherbum!