PDA

View Full Version : Help with Hamster Heaven :(

debs
06-28-2011, 04:42 AM
so Yeah i got a hamster today secound hand but i need help with it you know the yellow parts that are on the cage? well i tryed putting the tubes in and it broke :( does anybody know if i can glue it or something? :confused:

Sammybingo
06-28-2011, 04:47 AM
Do you mean the shelf screws, or the yellow circles that hold the pipes in? Not that I know what to do with either - but as I've broken a screw, I bought some cable ties to attach the shelves now! x

debs
06-28-2011, 04:49 AM
its the yellow Circles that holds the tubes on .

souffle
06-28-2011, 04:58 AM
You could try taping it with strong duck tape. You need to get it exactly in place. I don't think glue will hold when you push the tube in but I'm sure you can buy replacements for those.

AliKati
06-28-2011, 04:58 AM
Can you still put the green ring around the bits on the yellow square? If you can, that will still hold the tubes. You just have to reinforce the yellow plastic square.

debs
06-28-2011, 05:21 AM
i'll try both of them thanks it was more worrying just in case he got out as we have 4 cats.

Erin Loves Dwarf Hamsters
06-28-2011, 06:24 AM
You can buy replacement parts for those at P@H for just a couple of quid and they sell them on ECF. Heres the link :)
Small Pet Tubes : Savic Square Connection Metro - Hamster Network Attachment : www.EquineCanineFeline.com the place to buy all your Pet Products, Horse Products and Pet Supplies online (http://www.equinecaninefeline.com/catalog/savic-square-connection-metro-hamster-network-attachment-p-6784.html)

Sammybingo
06-28-2011, 07:15 AM
I was going to say I'll post you mine to use while you get replacements, but I am away from home, and I'd probably break them taking them off! Hope you get it sussed :)

debs
06-28-2011, 08:13 AM
i've got it :D im ordering the caps on tuesday just in case hes not too fussed about the tubes anyway.

AliKati
06-28-2011, 08:32 AM
In the meantime, two really large heavy books can also work to block the holes. That's what I'm currently doing as he was sleeping in the tubes.