PDA

View Full Version : Silent spinner alternatives?

fluffymunchkins
06-26-2011, 09:42 AM
I love silent spinners and have always had them for dwarfs, but recently I decided to look into cheaper alternatives for the future.

I found these which look good, you get two for that price as well (one small one bigger) :D
Pet Silent Regular Hamster Exercise Running Wheel x 2 on eBay (end time 02-Jul-11 08:00:36 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320708156164&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

Please let me know of any others you find, I'd be very grateful x

debs
06-26-2011, 10:04 AM
i've been Looking into them for my dwarfs but wasn't sure if they where any good?

princessbarbie1988
06-26-2011, 10:13 AM
I've seen these on eBay and was wondering if they would be any good. They look quite good though. As they are quite rounded in it seems there is a bit more running space. If you do get these would you let me know how they are and I might order some. I think the small one would be good for dwarves but would the larger one be too big for them? Or would it be better for Syrians??

racinghamster
06-26-2011, 10:14 AM
They look as though they might tip over forwards? Maybe it`s just me but the stand angles backwards so might be easily toppled? Although something heavy could be placed on the stand to make it more sturdy right enough. The biggest one is smaller than a regular silent spinner too, so for an extra few pounds, I would stick with the silent spinner myself. They come up on ebay all the time so can be bought second hand. I`ve got four that I inter-change with because only having two is never enough! :mad: I bought them for my mice a while ago though and now use them for both the mice and my chinese hamster.

fluffymunchkins
06-26-2011, 10:15 AM
The smaller one would be for robos only (its about 4.5")
The bigger one would be best for russian dwarfs, possibly chinese although they might appreciate bigger as they are long bodied (its about 5.5")
I'm considering these or getting a junior wodent wheel :)

princessbarbie1988
06-26-2011, 10:21 AM
I have a Junior Wodent Wheel ordered direct from transoniq and they were so helpful and easily contacted. Plus if you order direct from them you can choose your colours, unlike most of the suppliers in the UK and there don't seem to be many in the UK. it cost me roughly £15 including P&P!

Racinghamster: I didn't think about them tipping over. Maybe the stand could be changed around so it faces the other way... It looks like it might just clip onto the stand so maybe another stand could be brought instead...

fluffymunchkins
06-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Sorry to be off topic, but how long did postage take from transoniq?
So many colours to choose from :mrgreen:

SnickersTheFirst
06-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Both of my wheels are from Transoniq, Oscar loves his! I love the fact you get to choose the colours too. Delivery takes about a week to a week and a half, which isn't bad considering it's from the US. :)

princessbarbie1988
06-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Erm I think it took about 2 weeks from when I ordered. They are really helpful though I you contact them about your order. When I contacted them about my order they gave me all the info incase it had got stuck in customs. I paid with Paypal as I found it loads easier than by card, and payment gets to them quicker

mangoandmimi
06-26-2011, 10:36 AM
i love transoniq, i'm going to get sapphire and topaz 2 off there once ive sold their wheels :P my last delivery took around just over a week i think which isnt too bad i guess.
i just dont think 6.5'' wheels are big enough for a lot of dwarfs :P especially chubby ones (hehemm, pumpkin..) :Px

shazzy
06-26-2011, 12:32 PM
I know its not cheaper, but I have one of these for Willow the Chinese and its a wonderful wheel: Wheels & Balls : Savic Orbital Medium 18cm Diameter Super Safe Hamster / Mouse Wh : www.EquineCanineFeline.com the place to buy all your Pet Products, Horse Products and Pet Supplies online (http://www.equinecaninefeline.com/catalog/savic-orbital-medium-18cm-diameter-super-safe-hamster-mouse-p-6788.html)
it's about 7inches, and super silent. Willow really does love it. It comes apart easily for cleaning too

KatiePillow
06-26-2011, 02:51 PM
5.5" wouldn't be big enough for a russian dwarf I don't think, I got sandy the 15cm karlie wheel and it was a bit too small, so I wouldn't risk it

8piggie3hammies
06-26-2011, 03:11 PM
I got ones similar to the first post the small one was very small and i can't use it but do use the stand with another wheel the other one is fine tho the do feel cheap but they are doing the job and ive had no problems I have no idea what hammies i have they have stripes down their back

fluffymunchkins
06-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Thanks for all the help, I might end up getting two silent spinners anyway, as its only £5 more than just one wodent wheel. But I migth change my mind :roll:

8piggie3hammies - its most likely you have russian dwarfs if they have dorsal stripes :)