PDA

View Full Version : Is megazorb really good?

CocoTheHamster123
06-26-2011, 06:07 AM
I'm hoping to order some because it seems cheap for such a huge bag. Is it really actually good though? Thanks :D

purple_x
06-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Yup it is excellent. Nice and soft and absorbant.
It smells nice too!

Pomegranate
06-26-2011, 07:25 AM
Quite a recent thread asking the same question: http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/housing/17533-megazorb-bedding-any-good.html :)

CoolcatNatNat44
06-26-2011, 07:26 AM
I love it, its cheap and very absorbant and very safe!

Killa
06-26-2011, 07:31 AM
I recommend you to try to get a small bag first and see if you like it. I tried it and neither me nor my hamster liked it. It has a quite distinct smell. However, some people don't mind the smell or even like it and the price is very good! I'm just saying because I ordered two huuuge bags and had to just give them away because I didn't like it (a friend got them for his chicken shed, which ironically is what megazorb's scent reminds me of..)

AliKati
06-26-2011, 07:55 AM
I just started using this, and am slowly transitioning over from woodshavings. I like it a lot - it feels a lot softer, and is a bit bouncy. It's not as scratchy as woodshavings. It's also very absorbent.

Ministottie
06-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Mine always seems to smell like yogurt lol. I love it, so much better than woodshavings imo

CoolcatNatNat44
06-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Mine always seems to smell like yogurt lol. I love it, so much better than woodshavings imo

Mine does aswell! i love the smell of it :3 lol

SnickersTheFirst
06-26-2011, 10:31 AM
I've used it for nearly 3 years for all sorts of animals and it's a great bedding. :D

mangoandmimi
06-26-2011, 10:39 AM
it smells nice but other than that it wasnt really for me :P the main reason being i cant find it cheap locally and also the bags for me are too small, they will do 2-3 cleanouts if im lucky :L also it tends to get on your clothes, on your carpet, just .. everywhere -.- so i had to vaccuum like every day.
however i do like that when you put deep bedding in, and if they go digging then it sort of keeps its shape :D

CoolcatNatNat44
06-26-2011, 10:44 AM
I agree that it does get everywhere thats the only negative side for me lol

Drogue
06-27-2011, 10:43 AM
While it might be because they're getting more comfortable with us, I've noticed a huge difference in our hammies since we changed to megazorb. They really move it around and burrow in a way they didn't with woodshavings, to the extent that their 'house' has subsided some much it's virtually underground and they burrow into it. They seem a lot more willing to come out and play in it.

One flip side is they keep jamming their wheel by burrowing so much around it that the bedding gets piled high just under it. But they seem to enjoy it!

AliKati
06-27-2011, 10:58 AM
While it might be because they're getting more comfortable with us, I've noticed a huge difference in our hammies since we changed to megazorb. They really move it around and burrow in a way they didn't with woodshavings, to the extent that their 'house' has subsided some much it's virtually underground and they burrow into it. They seem a lot more willing to come out and play in it.

One flip side is they keep jamming their wheel by burrowing so much around it that the bedding gets piled high just under it. But they seem to enjoy it!

Yeah, I noticed this with Evie! She's been digging, and she seems to love digging under the wheel, then squeeze in there upside down with all four paws to the sky! It's hilarious.

Humphrey Furball
06-27-2011, 12:43 PM
i like it, it's sort of a more finely "chopped" version of carefresh; somewhat softer and smaller pieces; it can cling to long haired hams, but so far my boy's skirt is ok with minimal brushing; price is really good compared to carefresh, especially if you can pick up a bag and not pay delivery!

Roxie
06-27-2011, 12:49 PM
I've just switched Cookie over to this and already I'm noticing positive changes. She digs and burrows a whole lot more than she did with shavings. She seems much more comfortable on it which is a bonus as she favours an open nest. She really snuggles down in it and then arranges her safebed around her.

I presonally found the smell a little odd at first but I'm over that already and I don't really notice a smell anymore. Overall I think it's a great bedding.

AliKati
06-28-2011, 08:55 AM
I've just taken a few deep sniffs of the Megazorb. It smells a bit like pine yoghurt. I quite like it.

CoolcatNatNat44
06-28-2011, 09:04 AM
the smell of megazorb is nice, i could eat it lol

genevieve
07-18-2011, 03:24 AM
Just got some Megazorb this morning, I definitely second the yogurt smell!