PDA

View Full Version : New home for Harley

Kristin
06-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Well yesterday I decided to see if I could find a new home for my dear Harley. Well I didn't have much luck on ebay so I tried gumtree instead where I came across a zoozone 2 for £15.00. The best bit it was in bournemouth so I was able to pick it up, with the help of my OH of course.

So I emailed the seller and we both agreed for me to pick it up this evening. At first I didn't think I could but luck changed and we both left to collect it. The road journey with my Sam was great as we both had a good chat about everything and listened to some quality tunes. Anyway we got to her house and I went along inside and my jaw hit the floor. It was huge!!! I thanked both and with their help put Harley's new home in Sams Cleo and headed home. Well after cleaning it and setting the cage up we let Harley loose and he hasn't stopped exploring it. I don't think he can believe his little eyes :D

Anyway as I came on here, this is the funny bit, I received a message from mangoandmimi. Confused I had a look and read what she had to say and I could not believe my eyes. Mangoandmimi was the seller I brought the Zoozone from today without neither of us realising!! I haven't stopped grinning since I found out :mad: This was five minutes ago lol!!!

So thank you so much mangoandmimi as I am extremely happy with Harley's new home and he is very happy as well. Were sending many hammie hugs to you!! ♥

Here are some pictures of his new home. Sorry they are rubbish as it's getting dark and I am starting to fail.
I will post better ones hopefully tomorrow :D
I have also added a picture of him running in his newish wheel, courtesy of racinghamster ♥

fluffymunchkins
06-25-2011, 02:06 PM
awww thats brilliant, lucky Harley! What a coinky dink as well :D

Kristin
06-25-2011, 02:11 PM
I had to research the word coinky dink and I love it!!! ♥ hehe!!
I keep looking up his new home and I can't stop grinning!! He has started to make it his home. Ive started using sawdust/wood shavings at the minute but ensured that the dust has been extracted due to the limited amount of different bedding our P@H stocks. He seems ok on this bedding but am hoping to change to a much better one soon. Its just hard when there is no one you can go to in weymouth and sometimes the staff in P@H dont give a hoot!

:/

xx

mangoandmimi
06-25-2011, 02:19 PM
aww glad harley likes his new home, and no problem :)x

Kristin
06-25-2011, 02:25 PM
♥ Thank you!!!
I am planning to buy some new toys for him soon. I am going to add in a sandbath, tunnels and hopefully a new level :)

xx

Fidgetthefirst
06-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Aha, what a small world ;)
I saw MangoandMimis thread about selling the cage today aha :D
Bet he lovesssss it :D

Kristin
06-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Its is for sure a very small world :D
My OH said he would love to live in it and also said its like a baby bath lol!!
We are both very happy and both smiled while watching him sniffing and exploring his very large mansion ;)

AliKati
06-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Lovely story! Awww....it's like we're linked via the hamster economy...

Pomegranate
06-26-2011, 01:05 AM
Aww, I love things that remind me what a small world it is. :) I bought something on eBay last week from someone in Norwich, paid with paypal, and the seller emailed me in shock - I live in her late grandmother's house! :o

Harley looks very chuffed with the new home and wheel! :D

racinghamster
06-26-2011, 01:11 AM
What a bargain Kristin and Harley looks as though he loves his new home AND his big wheel! ;) I`m so pleased that you now have a nice big cage for Harley. :) It makes such a difference when you find bargains like this locally. I always have to search ebay and pay postage on cages as I never seem to find any in my own area.

Well done! :)

Kristin
06-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Thank you everyone!! Harley is sending fluffy hugs as he is in a very happy mood, especially after I hid some yummies around his home.
I was so close to buying that imac rat 100 and spending a lot of money and am ever so happy on finding this one. Thank you mangoandmimi ♥
The wheel is amazing. I have had no problems with noise as I have secured a piece of cardboard behind it.
I love the colour of the wheel too and glad it kind of matches the zoozone.
I am aiming for an all natural theme in his home apart from his wheel as I love it too much haha!!!!

I have spotted several new toys on ebay so will show the OH later tonight and see what he thinks XD

This is all to exciting for me!!!

xxx