PDA

View Full Version : Emley hammy show?

Jane
07-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Just wondering who's going to the hammy show in Emley? I believe it's an agricultural show too, any ideas how big it will be?

I'll be there, probably with Charlie, maybe the dwarfies too but just wondering if it'll be massive?

If anyones going I'll be the freaky shy 13 year old girl stood in a corner with her daddy :P

Janeeeeeee

edit: maybe not.....apparently there is no pet show :(

souffle
07-09-2007, 09:44 AM
We will be there Jane so you can go round with us. There is always a pet class at Emley so I am sure there will be one. There is plenty to do apart from the hammy tent so I am sure you will enjoy it and Pophammy says do come and you two 13yr olds can team up!

Jane
07-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Glad to know someone else is coming ;) Will maybe say hi if I see you but I'm shy yeah :oops: :P

Have convinced my cousin to come too, go me ;) (well, more she convinced me to let her come with us :roll:)

pophammy
07-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Yes we will be there. The show is very big and has lots of other tents with handicrafts, cows, farm animals etc. and horse jumping shows, sheep herding etc. It is a great day out and I'm sure you will enjoy it!

souffle
07-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Jane you are not shy.You were perfectly fine and chatty at Brockholes and you are always happy to do ham chat so we will see you there.

Bunsey
07-14-2007, 05:12 AM
i'll be there! looking forward to seeing the turnip competition :lol: :wink:

souffle
07-19-2007, 07:03 AM
Some of the veg on show are GINORMOUS. I dont know how they grow so big. At Rotherham the pumpkins are so big they must need a truck to brng them in!

Holly
07-20-2007, 09:08 AM
We will also be there :)

souffle
07-24-2007, 03:32 AM
Got my scheldule today and notice there is NO pet class at this show Jane as there is a pet class for kids in the main show. You, however will not be able to enter this as it is for age 12 and under only which i dont think they realise. You could enter Charlie in Syrian non standard though and the others could go in main show normal classes though I would not enter Tic as he has a sore eye and would not be allowed unless it is fully recovered, which would mean separation for the day which you may not want to do in case of problems when you got home.

Jane
07-24-2007, 03:48 AM
Thanks for clearing that up souffle ;)

I don't think I'll be entering but will hopefully still be there.

souffle
07-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Charlie is a lovely hammy, go on put him in non standard Jane! :lol: As long as you are OK to stay for the day you can always hire a show pen for him!

Jane
07-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Mmm I dunno...maybe at a show later in the year?

Holly
07-26-2007, 02:00 AM
I was worried about entering our hamsters in the show-proper - for a variety of reasons, really.

Firstly I was worried they weren't good enough - I had a vision of the judge standing up and shouting "Who has brought this specimen to my show?!"....of course that didn't happen - we've had success, a mediocre result and a couple of failures (Sparrow was re-classified - and even that wasn't embarrassing :wink: )

My other worry was how the hams would cope cooped up in a show pen for six hours. I needn't have worried about that either as they all, without exception, have slept all day. It doesn't seem to have bothered any of them and none of them seem to have suffered any ill-effects afterwards either.

This time we will just be bringing Caramel for the show-proper, plus the boys will be bringing their own hamsters for pets (Treacle, Custard and Syrup). I'm leaving Mocha and the ww's at home as it's a long journey and it will be a long day - and it's difficult to fit seven travel boxes plus 3 kids and me in the car!

souffle
07-26-2007, 03:17 AM
The pet show at Emley is in the main ring and I quote from the show schedule we have
Childrens Pet Section
Entries taken on the day in the pet section tent, next to the main ring between 11am and 1pm
Entry Free
Open to exhibitors between the age of 5 & 12 years
Pets not to have been entered in any other class in Emley show
Judging to take place at approx 1pm in ring 1 (main ring)
All types are mixed together..dogs, cats, stick insects, rabbits hamsters etc. Good luck boys.
Dont be put off by the WW experience. Fraser Avil is a very good judge. I am sure they would do fine. Judges are all different in their opinions and ways.

pophammy
07-26-2007, 06:44 AM
PLEASE NOTE

I HAVE JUST HAD A PHONE CALL FROM THE EMLEY SHOW SOCIETY AND THIS SHOW HAS BEEN CANCELLED (I THINK IT'S DUE TO FLOODING IN THE FIELD)

I don't know if the hamster club is going to organise a different venue but will let you know if I hear anything.

We are quite dissapointed as this is a great show. Here's hoping the weather improves for Rotherham in September! Emley show is going to be held as normal next year though, weather permitting. :roll: :( :?

Holly
07-26-2007, 07:04 AM
Oh that's really sad :(

Jane
07-26-2007, 07:11 AM
Nooooooooooo :'(

I was really looking forward to it and so was my cousin who was coming, even my dad for the veggies haha.

Nevermind, hope Rotherham will be okay, very close seeing as I live in Rotherham. Went there last year and saw the hams.

pophammy
07-26-2007, 07:13 AM
I know!! :( Hopefully you will be able to come next year. :wink:

souffle
07-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Northern HC are currently seeking somewhere to hold the hamster show so I wil let you know if anything is found and the Hamster show can go ahead. :?