PDA

View Full Version : How to cat proof a cage?

lunavix
06-16-2011, 03:34 AM
I rescued our little hamster (who I now think might be a Campbells, but there's pics of him in the WW bit as I am unsure!) from P@H and was given a cage, ball, etc. I think his cage might be a little small, although he seems reasonably happy. However it has metal bars up the sids and across the top and the cat is now stalking him, and as he seems to stick his hands out to touch the cat ever available moment I'm worried the cat will get him! Is there any way to cat proof his cage whilst I try to find something more suitable? Thanks :)

emma and button
06-16-2011, 03:53 AM
Silly but, couldnt you keep the cat out of the same room? or put him in a separate room?
Or maybe mesh over the wire to make sure no hammy hands can poke out?

Womblehands
06-16-2011, 03:55 AM
I would seperate them till you get a more suitable plastic or tank type cage.

lunavix
06-16-2011, 04:02 AM
Mesh might be an idea... I can't really seperate them as he is in the lounge which I can't keep the cats out of and I don't have another room to put him in (I do shut them out whenever I'm not supervising at the moment!)

Any cage recommendations would be lovely too thanks :)

Pomegranate
06-16-2011, 04:32 AM
Tank-style cage recommendations: Duna Multy, Zoozone 1 or 2 (the grill needs meshing), Imac Bingo. :)

Incidentally, there's a similar thread here (http://www.petforums.co.uk/rodents/171975-new-kittens-but-we-have-hamster.html) which might be worth keeping an eye on.