PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen these >:@

emma and button
06-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Ferplast Circus Fun Hamster Cage Ferplast Hamster Homes for Sale (http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=746&pf_id=57183&co=fr)

Cages like this make my blood boil.
"Totally safe and suberb fun, this circus inspired product includes all that your hammy needs, even coloured stickers! Why settle for a traditional cage when you could have one of these?"

Arrgh! all your hammy needs.... even stickers... now i dont know about your hamsters but i dont see button sat there with stickers!
I hate how companies focus on what small children want, or would see and then want, rather than the animals needs >:@

Ferplast Stadium Hamster Cage (http://www.justcages.co.uk/hamster-cages/ferplast-stadium-hamster-cage#v_999)
I think if button were to be put in these cages for any length of time she'd shoot her self out of utter bordom and claustrophobia...

Gimiky rubbish ... mummble mummble..
End of rant.
Sorry

Womblehands
06-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Look at the ridiculous price too.. Lol @ stickers..The cage isn't big enough for a bumble bee! never mind a fully grown hamster.

emma and button
06-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Exactly! i dont think id even consider putting anything living in there unless it was a borrower sized hamster or similar.

Tammanae
06-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Ugh... and the way they are advertised too... Anyone who may be getting their very first hamster and doesn't know much about hamster space needs may just confine their poor little friend through no fault of their own. =/ There should really be a limit to how small a 'cage' is allowed to be, unless it is meant to be a traveling case for a quick trip to the vet or something along those lines.

LocoRocoPanda
06-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Izuna-Wheatley has always complained to me about the lack of stickers in his cage...Oh wait no he hasn't because that's stupid. XD

To quote my partner at this point "I wouldn't keep a pet ant in there..."

emma and button
06-15-2011, 04:55 PM
heh the stickers would prob get stuck in Izuna- Wheatley's long fuzz as well ;)
I realy dont understand how shops and companies can get away with making and selling cages that are basically inhabitable. :/ there really should be a law to how small a cage can get, your right Tammanae.

ashari
06-15-2011, 05:40 PM
I think ferplast should be ashamed at putting this utter monstrosity on the market!total grrrrr moment!

Hamtastic
06-15-2011, 05:46 PM
At that, these cages are bigger than many hamster cages sold in the U.S.

PETCO Playhouse 1-Level Small Animal Habitat at PETCO (http://www.petco.com/product/106281/PETCO-Playhouse-1-Level-Small-Animal-Habitat.aspx?CoreCat=MM_SmallAnimalSupplies_CagesH abitatsHutches)
15" L X 9" W X 9" H
That's 38cm L x 23cm W x 23cm H

This is the sort of stuff most people see when they go to pet shops here.

Lil Miss
06-15-2011, 05:46 PM
yep PAH sell them too :( how can you even call something like that a cage?
but yet again, its all down to profit, "pretty" "human friendly" cages sell much better then suitable cages, and they can put a much higher price tag on them too.....

Hamtastic
06-15-2011, 05:50 PM
P.S.: In fact, they are bigger than the first cage my two robos were in for the first week I had them:
PETCO Hamster & Gerbil Starter Kit at PETCO (http://www.petco.com/product/106170/PETCO-Hamster-And-Gerbil-Starter-Kit.aspx)

During that week, I'd done a lot of research and realized quickly that they needed something much bigger (reading HC).

Tammanae
06-15-2011, 08:59 PM
I think one of the worse cages I have seen is the Grreat Choice&#153 Pet Home for Hamsters - Cages, Habitats & Hutches - Small Pet - PetSmart (http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4471003). Gratefully, I already had a good cage waiting for my girl at home, as they tried to sell that to me as a 'deluxe' hamster cage if I preferred wiring. >> I will admit though, my first cage was horrible. The internet was nowhere nearly the hit it is today, and definitely not accessible to everyone, at least from where I am at, and the size the books I read about hamster care all said that 18 inches square was fine for a hamster cage. I am genuinely ashamed at my choice of caging back then. :(

Nagrom
06-16-2011, 03:14 AM
And it's £51,lol you got to laugh though it is the funniest cage I have ever seen

emma and button
06-16-2011, 04:06 AM
Jeeez! those other cages just make me so sad thinking that people might actually think they are okay for their pets! :'( we should form a revolution and smash up all these cages in the shops.

Forestpisces
06-16-2011, 04:52 AM
Seems this is a never ending problem, i've seen those circus and stadium "cages" in the flesh and there even more vile in the flesh. Tiny, tacky and poorly made. Sadly as long as pet shops sell animals i don't think the problem will stop, i agree there should be laws though. I mean if there are laws protecting the people that sell the products there should be laws protecting the animals they sell as well surely.

Tish36
06-16-2011, 05:57 AM
I've put stickers on my cage before, what's wrong with that....

emma and button
06-16-2011, 06:05 AM
no, nothing wrong with it! i have too, its just the way they are selling the cage as great for hamsters and thier needs by saying "includes all that your hammy needs, even coloured stickers!" hamsters dont need the stickers,if ya get me. :)

SnickersTheFirst
06-16-2011, 08:11 AM
I've put stickers on my cage before, what's wrong with that....

I don't think it's stickers on cages that are an issue, it's just the way they are used to market this cage and make it appeal to kids. I think it's horrible how they aim cages at the child owners and not consider the animals' needs. -.-

CoolcatNatNat44
06-16-2011, 09:28 AM
I've seen that circus cage in PAH and its tiny! Its a ridiculous price too you could buy a zoozone 1 with that! LOL at the stickers, i totally agree with everything you're saying about the makers only care about attractivness to the kids more than the animals :/ Makes me quite angry aswell.....

Lil Miss
06-16-2011, 09:40 AM
one VERY huge difference hamtastic

the first cage you linked is only £13.89

and the second one is only £19.94

we have cages VERY similar to these in the uk for a very similar price (if not a bit more!)

however the cage linkedis not much bigger at all and is £51.49 ($83.01)!!!! people would think IF a cage costs that much it MUST be good

Gizmodo ^_^
06-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Next they will be like
comes with a free action figure!

ashari
06-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Tammanae - i know how you feel because i kept Syrian hamsters 15 years ago (I was 11 years old)and i cringe at the size of the cage they were in.At the time i didn't have the internet or access to forums like this so i genuinely didn't know any better.thank god for these forums because i honestly believe they've totally changed and improved the way hamsters are kept and looked after :)

Womblehands
06-16-2011, 11:21 AM
lol@ gizmodo.. It should be a hamster figure and that can live in the cage and not a real hamster..

emma and button
06-16-2011, 11:27 AM
rofl, like thiiis: Play.com - Buy Zhu Zhu Pets Hamster: Deluxe Funhouse online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe! (http://www.play.com/Toys/Toys/4-/10823629/Zhu-Zhu-Pets-Hamster-Deluxe-Funhouse/Product.html?_%24ja=tsid:11518|cat:10823629|prd:10 823629)

Tammanae
06-16-2011, 12:49 PM
@ashari: Oh yes, places like these are wonderful. They are excellent sources of information for both novices and people who have been keeping hamsters for a while (there is always more to learn XD), and have a very candid and friendly atmosphere. I was somewhere near that age at the time of my first hamster, so my line of thought went something like 'If I like it, hamster obviously will too. 8D'. I am so happy that I at least gave them plenty of cuddles time and out of cage fun.

@Gizmodo and emma: Lol That hamster cage toy is scarily accurate. XD

Lucinda
06-16-2011, 12:51 PM
I think one of the worse cages I have seen is the Grreat Choice&#153 Pet Home for Hamsters - Cages, Habitats & Hutches - Small Pet - PetSmart (http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4471003). Gratefully, I already had a good cage waiting for my girl at home, as they tried to sell that to me as a 'deluxe' hamster cage if I preferred wiring. >> I will admit though, my first cage was horrible. The internet was nowhere nearly the hit it is today, and definitely not accessible to everyone, at least from where I am at, and the size the books I read about hamster care all said that 18 inches square was fine for a hamster cage. I am genuinely ashamed at my choice of caging back then. :(

You didn't know any better, so it's hardly your fault. And you actually bought info books and read them.

Okay, kids love "fun" cages, but there's no reason at all for manufacturing them so small. Kinda makes you wonder why they started up a pet product company when they evidently don't care about animals :???:

emma and button; zhu zhu hamster range is for toy hamsters (or I thought it was?? I know zhu zhu hamsters are these little cuddly toys) EDIT: ignore me, i thought you were being serious LOL.

Lucinda
06-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Luckily my mum bought my hamster cages when I had them when I was younger, and didn't let me choose LOL. although i never like the little crittertrail ones when i saw them, i thought they were ugly...i always wanted bars so that i could see the hamster play with billions of toys lol.

Katarina
06-17-2011, 05:41 AM
my travel case is bigger then the Petco cage!

cutehammies
06-17-2011, 08:11 AM
At that, these cages are bigger than many hamster cages sold in the U.S.

PETCO Playhouse 1-Level Small Animal Habitat at PETCO (http://www.petco.com/product/106281/PETCO-Playhouse-1-Level-Small-Animal-Habitat.aspx?CoreCat=MM_SmallAnimalSupplies_CagesH abitatsHutches)
15" L X 9" W X 9" H
That's 38cm L x 23cm W x 23cm H

This is the sort of stuff most people see when they go to pet shops here.

This morning as I was getting up and ready, I noticed the size on my face cloth ... It was 33cm x 33cm which I then realised is bigger than that cage :( That's horrendous

Nappo
06-17-2011, 08:31 AM
It's the same here- pet shops are still selling awful small cages, very colorful for children, although the german vet-association established min-sizes ;O;
Hamster & Mäuseheim mit Ausstattung *grimm tuba* - Artikeldetailansicht - www.xxl-heimtiercenter.com (http://www.xxl-heimtiercenter.com/shop/article_228/Hamster-_-M%C3%A4useheim-mit-Ausstattung-*grimm-tuba*.html?shop_param=cid%3D5%26aid%3D228%26]Hamster & Mäuseheim mit Ausstattung *grimm tuba* - Artikeldetailansicht - www.xxl-heimtiercenter.com)
Hamster und Mäusekäfig pigi 2 Pl - Artikeldetailansicht - www.xxl-heimtiercenter.com (http://www.xxl-heimtiercenter.com/shop/article_8/Hamster-und-M%C3%A4usek%C3%A4fig-pigi-2-Pl.html?shop_param=cid%3D5%26aid%3D8%26)
But i think we are slowly getting rid of those bad examples, and if you search for "Hamsterheim" (Hamster cage) at google.de pictures(Bilder) there are more good than bad cages- yay ;D

Jandrhamster
01-12-2012, 11:41 AM
my p@h sell the circus cage... it isnt big enough in my opinion.. when you see it.

kyrilliondaemon
01-12-2012, 11:49 AM
my p@h sell the circus cage... it isnt big enough in my opinion.. when you see it.

This thread is over six months old. I think everyone has their own views pretty well settled by now (not that anyone seemed to like the cage to begin with)... So what was gained by bumping it exactly?
Please don't bump threads that are that old. And yeah, if you can answer my question that would be great.

Jandrhamster
01-12-2012, 11:57 AM
what question? it popped up somewhere on HC >.< i didnt look at the date forgive me?

kyrilliondaemon
01-12-2012, 12:09 PM
what question? it popped up somewhere on HC >.< i didnt look at the date forgive me?

Fair enough, and I meant the question about why you'd bumped it so you've answered it. Thanks for explaining anyway :)
Can you please try and look at dates before posting though? Its best if old threads aren't bumped too much.

Jandrhamster
01-12-2012, 12:10 PM
yep no probs :D no more for me :D

kyrilliondaemon
01-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Ok, thanks :)

shazzy
01-12-2012, 12:51 PM
A youngish girl friend of mine has one of these circus cages for her syrian...I hate it...I've shown her the big homes mine live in but don't think it's sinking in. At least I see lots of pics on fb of her handling the hammy so that's the only saving grace

shazzy
01-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Oh whoops didn't realise this was old, just popped up on my unreads

Amy
01-14-2012, 03:41 PM
This is so annoying! Especially when these are the types of cages they sell at the pets store and people automatically buy them because of how they look - such as myself with all the rotastak cages! It's a pain as I now realise although my hammys have huge rotastak cages they really need something more spacious...

Amy x

Flamestriker
01-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Ferplast Circus Fun Hamster Cage Ferplast Hamster Homes for Sale (http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=746&pf_id=57183&co=fr)

Cages like this make my blood boil.
"Totally safe and suberb fun, this circus inspired product includes all that your hammy needs, even coloured stickers! Why settle for a traditional cage when you could have one of these?"

Arrgh! all your hammy needs.... even stickers... now i dont know about your hamsters but i dont see button sat there with stickers!
I hate how companies focus on what small children want, or would see and then want, rather than the animals needs >:@

Ferplast Stadium Hamster Cage (http://www.justcages.co.uk/hamster-cages/ferplast-stadium-hamster-cage#v_999)
I think if button were to be put in these cages for any length of time she'd shoot her self out of utter bordom and claustrophobia...

Gimiky rubbish ... mummble mummble..
End of rant.
Sorry

I can't abide that cage!!! I dont even like circuses but that cage...grrrrrr....it's soooo tiny![-(

Bekki2308
01-15-2012, 09:12 AM
well I know its an old thread but I wouldnt even keep a zhu zhu pet in there!

Lougarry
01-15-2012, 09:14 AM
My OH commented that it would be suitable only for fleas. He is correct.

Jandrhamster
01-15-2012, 09:15 AM
My OH commented that it would be suitable only for fleas. He is correct.

that is correct tbh.