PDA

View Full Version : I have a new lady in my life!

racinghamster
06-15-2011, 01:44 AM
I have just rehomed a lovely little Chinese female from a forum member (thanks quedos! ;)) and I have named her Prinny. She was originally rehomed by quedos from someone else who did`nt want them, but had to be seperated from her cagemate, so not having the space nor the quality time for three hamsters herself, I offered to take Prinny and give her a lovely home. She now resides in a Savic Rody tank with a regular silent spinner wheel and eggboxes, tubes and deep substrate, but will be moving into a Gabber LUX tank soon as a forum friend of mine has kindly offered me a spare tank that she has, so Prinny will be housed in it once I make some adaptions to it.

Prinny`s photo`s are posted in the `Introductions` section on here if you want to see her under `FAO Racinghamster`. Quedos posted her photos the other evening and although I saved them in `My Pictures`, I don`t know how to post them on here myself.

Hope you like her. :) She`s settled in really well and will get attention each evening while I watch TV. I love her to bits. I will be making it my task all this week to read up on Chinese hamsters and make sure she`s getting all she needs.

emma and button
06-15-2011, 02:12 AM
Awww yay! thats awesome! I shall go and root around for thoses pics :)
Cant wait to get one of my own now! :P

shazzy
06-15-2011, 02:13 AM
Aw yay you finally got your chinese!! I'll go look at the pics later in my lunch break :)

emma and button
06-15-2011, 02:17 AM
shes a very perdy little lady! ;)

Debbie
06-15-2011, 02:28 AM
Congratulations on your new addition and welcome to Prinny. I hope that she brings you as much joy as Mouse brought me and I'm sure you will be watching her more than the tv as they are wonderful to watch as they scurry around, darting from tunnel to box and digging in the substrate!
I am totally in love with chinese hamsters thanks to Mouse and will definitely be getting another one, I quite fancy a dominant spot next time I think!!
Will go find the photos to see what the little lady looks like.

racinghamster
06-15-2011, 02:30 AM
Thankyou. She has BIG button eyes! :mad: I always wanted a Chinese but never thought I would have one so quickly! But that`s fate for you. I guess being a member of a wonderful forum like this brings it`s rewards. :) I also have a syrian male called Boris, but he`s housed in our livingroom and lives in a Savic Mickey 2XL cage so he`s a happy boy!

racinghamster
06-15-2011, 02:32 AM
Thanks debbie, just saw your post! :) You had real heartache with little Mouse and it`s so sad that she took unwell. But she gave you a feeling for her kind and that must be worth a lot to you. x

Debbie
06-15-2011, 02:59 AM
It was heartbreaking to lose Mouse so soon when I thought she'd be here for a long time to come but you're right, it is because of her that I am now so besotted with her kind so I am glad I adopted her, and obviously because she was such a wonderful little creature. As much as I love having my syrians - and dwarfs when I had them - I think I'd have to say chinese are now my favourite. There was a gorgeous dominant spot male I saw last weekend and it was so tempting to get him but I had said I was going to stick to just 2 hamsters from now on so resisted - even though hubby said I could have him! - but I do keep thinking about him! Matt has said we can go back on Sat to see if he is still there but I'm still undecided!

AliKati
06-15-2011, 03:10 AM
Congratulations!!

ashari
06-15-2011, 03:12 AM
oh congratulations!definitely fate and shes a very lucky girl too.i cant wait to find out how they compare to syrians.aww i hope a chinese comes my way one day :) i have a zoozone 1 just sitting waiting for a little beauty!

racinghamster
06-15-2011, 04:30 AM
Keep your eyes peeled ashari because they do come up sometimes on free-ads and forums. :) Abby was very kind to give her to me knowing she will be loved and well cared for and I`m so pleased I was on here to be asked if I wanted her.

Debbie, only you will know if having the dominant spot you seen is right timing. Because I only have Boris my syrian and he sleeps all day, I knew taking on Prinny would be no more of a hassle anyway because she`s small, her Rody tank does`nt take up too much room and I know when I sit down in the evenings, I have all the time she needs to have attention, even though she`s happy to do her own thing! She was playing in her silent spinner wheel within ten minutes of discovering it! :mad:

Roxie
06-15-2011, 04:37 AM
Wonderful news, so glad to hear you got your little Chinese!

Debbie
06-15-2011, 04:42 AM
It's difficult because my heart is saying yes but my head isn't sure!! Mouse was so easy to look after and very much capable of entertaining herself if I was busy or had one of the others out. There is also a dominant spot up for adoption on one of the free-ad type pages, a little female, though I'm not too sure of the location as it's very general but seeing as we got Mouse all the way from London (we're in north Herefordshire!) unless it's hours away I don't think that would be a problem. I'm torn because I have also said I want to adopt from now on!! Oh well, Fred's new cage has arrived so I'm a little distracted from chinese at the moment, can't wait for this evening to put him in!!!

thelittleteacup
06-15-2011, 07:04 AM
congratulations on your new chinese! i love them too just so dainty and sweet but so energetic :) x

Quedos
06-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Still a little sad to see her go but i know she'll get a better life than with me. Sounds dramatic but I really couldn't see her in the rota stak till i could get a new cage and even then with three hammis and a fairly hectic life she wouldn't get the life that I wanted to give her so there RH looking for a chinese - fate definately.

I'm so glad that she's happy - just make sure you put photos up!!

racinghamster
06-15-2011, 10:30 AM
:) Yes, I`m so glad I have her now Abby and you don`t have to feel sad about letting her go. I know what a rotten decison it can be when your faced with RotaC*** caging and trying to juggle life and hamsters at the same time! :mad: I don`t have a busy scedule and I don`t go out in the evenings, so my little pets are my focus really and because hamsters are creatures of the night, this suits my lifestyle well because if I do find I`m busy during the day, the hamsters are dreaming their day away anyway so I don`t need to worry about them knowing they are safe and in a quiet place.

You done them proud by rehoming them both and now Squeak and Prinny have a nice life thanks to you. :)

Photos.....I don`t have a digi-camera or a mobile that takes pictures. :( This is why I directed members to your other post in the`Introductions` thread so they could see her! :mad:

Hamtastic
06-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Congratulations with your new addition!!!

Debbie, 2 hamsters aren't too bad to care for, unless they are super attention-demanding. I'd say you should go for a chinese as a 3rd if you really want one :) I think 3 is a good number. I'm getting one more soon, but I don't really have to, but also 2 of mine are more like 0.5, because they prefer to be with each other and not bothered by me :mad:

fluffymunchkins
06-15-2011, 11:11 AM
awww a massive congrats :D
She is one lucky girly x

(catching the hamster bug very quickly are we Racinghamster ;))

racinghamster
06-15-2011, 11:19 AM
Looks like it fluffymunchkins! Talk about moving too fast! I take on Boris the syrian from my nephew because of family allergies and now I have my little Chinese girlie! :) Even though I wanted a male, beggars can`t be choosers! :mad: Enjoying every minute though. ;)

fluffymunchkins
06-15-2011, 12:24 PM
I always wanted a female chinese too, but I ended up with a male :D
Nothing ever goes to plan

racinghamster
06-16-2011, 04:58 AM
My preference was for a male and I hope to have a male sometime in the future, but I`m going to enjoy my little lady for now. :)