PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you guys seen this cage in the flesh?

ashari
06-13-2011, 11:34 AM
hey guys

Have any of you guys seen this cage in the flesh?i wanted to know what the lid is like because i cant really tell on my laptop :rolleyes: it seem like a good size much like the ruffy 2 and hamster haven!

Simba Plus cage terrapins frogs reptiles | eBay UK (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Simba-Plus-cage-terrapins-frogs-reptiles-/250836672266?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_I nsects&hash=item3a6707df0a)

souffle
06-13-2011, 11:40 AM
It looks quite good. I'd check how the roof ventilation is and if it has plenty air holes and if so could be a good option for bar chewers!
I haven't seen it in real life though.

ashari
06-13-2011, 12:01 PM
I like it too but i cant make out what the lid is like to see how ventilation is.i hope someone has seen it in the flesh to see whats its like :)

Hamtastic
06-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Hrm, you could e-mail the seller and ask if he could describe the top covers to you: whether they are fully perforated for good air flow--as it's hard to tell from the photo.

ashari
06-13-2011, 12:11 PM
iv just e-mailed the seller :)

Queen Of The High Teas
06-13-2011, 12:26 PM
I have actually had this cage and it's fantastic. Its absolutely massive, makes a Gabber Rex look tiny! Plenty of space for a Syrian, but the gaps are so small it is absolutely fine for dwarfs also. Can easily fit a decent amount of bedding on the floor but still tall enough to fit a 7" silent spinner. The 'wire' on the top isn't actually wire at all it's like a plastic mesh, but the gaps between are too small for a hammy to get it's teeth into to bite. These are great for bar chewers as there is no bars!!There are 2 of these and they are the actuall doors of the cage. They are very secure and it would be a very clever hamster that could open them. Really big these 2 panels, excellent access, so easy to get things in and out. I tied the wheel on mine by threading cable ties around the gaps in the mesh, and other toys this way too. Plastic is same type as Gabber/Duna plastic. Ventilation is brill due to the 2 big mesh lid panels. There is a place to put a water bottle so you don't have to worry about cracking it having to drill some. I had one for a Syrian hammy and 1 for a gerbil both of whom had lots of space in it despite having loads of toys, and easily had enough height with a lot of bedding in the cage. Well recommended, I really loved mine and wish I could have kept it but it was just to big for the space I had.

ashari
06-13-2011, 12:55 PM
colliewobbles - oh brilliant I'm glad you posted and it sounds great!could i be cheeky and ask if you have any old pics of the lid :mad:

Queen Of The High Teas
06-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it:(. The best way to describe it is the panels are like those the tops of those plastic tanks they tend to sell mice/hamsters in in local petstores, just that the plastic is a bit thicker.

Like the top part of this where the mesh is:

http://www.feedem.co.uk/images/products/zoom/1247225319-45465600.jpg

hope that helps you!

ashari
06-15-2011, 02:47 AM
colliewobbles-yes that does help!thank you!:)