PDA

View Full Version : Flying Saucer Wheel

Number1sticky
06-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Does anyone know if Flying Saucer Wheel actually work? I need new wheels for my hamsters because right now they just have wire/mesh wheels. And I was at Petsmart the other day and they were on sale so I got two of them. I put one in one of their cages but I haven't seen her use it since I put it in there. But I thought maybe she just uses it at night when I can't see her.

Also it looks like it's not very good for her back. She has to run in it crooked.

So does anyone use them? Does anyone’s hamster actually use them?

Thanks for any input.

Gizmodo ^_^
06-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Yes they are great, my little Roborovski Pip never comes off his
what type of hamsters do you have?

Number1sticky
06-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Yes they are great, my little Roborovski Pip never comes off his
what type of hamsters do you have?

I have two Syrian (housed separately), so they are bigger hamsters.

Gizmodo ^_^
06-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Then i personally wouldnt get one for a syrian, id reccomend wheels like the karlie wonderland wheel or a wodent wheel

Number1sticky
06-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Thanks. I'm going to take back the flying saucers and look for different kinds. I'm hoping to find them for a cheaper than they have in stores.

Hamtastic
06-14-2011, 07:34 PM
I got one here:
Small Pet: Toys: Ware Flying Saucer Exercise Toy (http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=21306)

They have some other stuff that's good as well and reasonable shipping cost.

Forestpisces
06-14-2011, 11:45 PM
I have one for my syrian girl i mainly bought it because her old one got too small and she was going mad chewing through her bin without something in there so it's a temp untill i get some pennies.

She does use it though and she appears to love it :)

Lily
06-15-2011, 01:22 AM
I have two flying saucer wheels and for robos they are much better than the silent spinners as they don't fly off as much and they love them.

Not sue about syrians though, they might be better with a larger silent spinner which are also great:D

Erin Loves Dwarf Hamsters
06-15-2011, 01:34 AM
Ive got flying saucers for my robos (who dispite having 2 still insist on sharing the tiny sized one together) and for Pippy, Thistle has a silent spinner because she is so wide she has trouble using a flying saucer :lol: I have a Karlie in my Syrian cage simply because I love those wheels so much ^_^ They are by far the best for syrians I think :)