PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place to buy a savic ruffy 2 or ferplast Criceti 15?

CoolcatNatNat44
06-12-2011, 08:23 AM
As i now cant get a zoozone 2 for my syrian, the next size down will have to do. Its either going to be a savic ruffy 2 (with a ferplast shelf) or ferplast criteti 15.

Where are the cheapest places to buy these cages?
Can you fit a 11" wheel in them?
Which is better in your opinion?

Gizmodo ^_^
06-12-2011, 08:44 AM
I love them both, and like them equally, they are both fab
though may upgrade Fudge just as hes so active! lol
and yes an 11inch wheel would fit, i measured.

racinghamster
06-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Cheapest place to buy the Ruffy 2 and the Mickey 2XL (both Savic cages) is equinecaninefeline.com

Use the voucher code ANIMAL to get 10% off the RRP price before checkout. ;) Someone also posted a new code yesterday as being FUN88 for a 10% discount, so either should work fine.

The Ruffy 2 does`nt have the large drop-down door though that the Mickey 2XL has. It is cheaper to buy, but the Mickey 2XL has the 9mm bar spacing AND the large front door, so two bonuses there for a little more money. ;)

Both these cages are 38cm tall and I have a senior wodent wheel standing in my Mickey 2XL no problem. If you have an 11" inch wheel attached to the bars however, this would make the wheel higher up, so probably would`nt fit. It does on it`s stand though.

Gizmodo ^_^
06-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Oh and a plus for the Criceti 15, is the humongous open top door :)

mangoandmimi
06-12-2011, 09:00 AM
im not sure the 11 inch wheel would fit through the ruffy door? that really, really annoys me as i couldnt get mango's 11inch wheel through the mary door which is why i moved him out :mad:
maybe the criceti would be better?

CoolcatNatNat44
06-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Ive just realised that the criceti will be no good since the shelf that the cages have to go on is quite high so it would be a pain to get things in and out since it only has one door at the top. And so would the ruffy, the savic mickey XL or HH might be a better idea since they have a door at the front of the cage

Gizmodo ^_^
06-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Ive just realised that the criceti will be no good since the shelf that the cages have to go on is quite high so it would be a pain to get things in and out since it only has one door at the top. And so would the ruffy, the savic mickey XL or HH might be a better idea since they have a door at the front of the cage

The door on the criceti is humongous though, you could fit anything in it
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb138/RachK_album/30%20Days%20of%20June/DSCF6765.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb138/RachK_album/30%20Days%20of%20June/DSCF6764.jpg

CoolcatNatNat44
06-12-2011, 09:17 AM
It is a very good door but i'm so short i couldnt reach the top door of the cambridge on the shelf so i dont think it would be a good idea, im stuck on what cage to get :3

Gizmodo ^_^
06-12-2011, 09:31 AM
It is a very good door but i'm so short i couldnt reach the top door of the cambridge on the shelf so i dont think it would be a good idea, im stuck on what cage to get :3

Probably your only option is the hamster heaven
Ruffy door is on the top and taller than the cambridge
same with criceti..

racinghamster
06-12-2011, 09:42 AM
If you need a cage with a large front door, there is only two barred cage options. The hamster Heaven (over-priced and has tubes on the roof you don`t need and 1cm bar spacing) or the Mickey 2XL, which is basically the same cage as the Hamster Heaven only better made. It`s also cheaper. It only has the one large front door. The roof is flat and the cage has no tube holes to clock off! :mad:

Pomegranate
06-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Just so you know though, wrestling an 11" wheel through the HH door is no fun either. Possible, but not without disturbing the sleeping occupant; much easier with a big top door. Sorry, not helpful I know.

racinghamster
06-12-2011, 09:57 AM
I took my 11" inch wodent wheel out for cleaning yesterday and managed it fine! :) Although yes, sometimes it can clang off the side or need positioning correctly so as not to waken the hamster from it`s slumber! :mad: The wheel and stand fit through fine though, no worries.

Womblehands
06-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Whats your budget? theres a HH going for 11.60 on ebay at the moment.. Ends tomorrow.
Hamster Heaven 80 Cage | eBay UK (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hamster-Heaven-80-Cage-/280693128089?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item415a9d3b99)

racinghamster
06-12-2011, 10:05 AM
I nearly bid on a Hamster Heaven last week but decided to buy the Mickey 2XL new from equinecaninefeline.com because they double box the cage for transit and replace or refund if the cage is broken in transit. I could`nt guarantee that with an ebay merchant/seller. I was sorely tempted, but I decided to play safe. These cages are so vulnerable to being broken by couriers it`s not worth the risk, although if your willing to take the risk you get a cheaper cage! :mad:

CoolcatNatNat44
06-12-2011, 10:05 AM
£21 at the moment, hopefully if i can win that my problem is sorted, it will probably go for more than that though