PDA

View Full Version : The Habitrail ovo?

linford27
06-12-2011, 06:47 AM
lots of ppl have told me this cage is bad, im wondering why?
he's getting plenty of air, no ventilation problems, (his cage is open a lot anyway) he's got plently of pods, (most of which he doesnt use), a big wheel, he drinks fine from his bottle, a raised bowl, whats wrong with the cage?
also we can get him out absolutley fine, it doesnt make him any less tame

fluffymunchkins
06-12-2011, 07:12 AM
Lots of people have varying opinions on cages linford27, it just depends on what suits the owner and the hamster.
Most prefer cages that have open floorspace with bars for climbing, ventelation and to hang toys from.

Personally I wouldn't use habitrail ovo as I have neither the money or time to clean decent sized set ups. Space would also be an issue as I have 5 hamsters.

I feel if I was to use habitrail ovo, it would suit a dwarf hamster best. But you could find difficulty with hamsters hiding in the tubes if they are nervous.

Jasmine
06-12-2011, 07:21 AM
I've used the Habitrail Ovo lofts for Russian dwarf and Chinese hamsters but with a pod extension and the large round maze extension added on. I prefer barred cages though really so my two lofts and all extensions are in the shed.:mad:

Jasmine
06-12-2011, 07:30 AM
This is the one that I used to keep my dwarf Russian in

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww30/Foxo_2009/DSC00953.jpg

purple_x
06-12-2011, 07:53 AM
I HATE this cage!

The ventilation is very poor and in the warmer weather condensation can build up.
There are no corners/sides for the hammy (hamsters are wall-huggers and need sides and corners to feel secure)
I dont believe a big enough wheel can fit in there
There is not enough continuous running space which is what a hamster needs.

These things should be taken off the market!

racinghamster
06-12-2011, 08:33 AM
I agree with purple_x. The fact that these cages are manufactured and sold as suitable `housing` for hamsters, people will buy and use them through no fault of their own. It`s much like the hamster `starter` cages. I can`t understand why a hamster has to `start` in anything smaller than a decent cage? :???:

Anyway, Looking at Jasmin`s old set-up, it`s clear to see that all these `pods` are, are basic. They are aimed at children, NOT hamsters! I can see why their novelty design attracts people to them, but they are not what I call a proper environment for any small rodent. Rotastak are the same. They resemble an underground chamber that might mimic what a hamster does underground, but it does`nt extend to what a hamster does when it`s alert and awake and that`s run for miles! The wheel obviously allows for all the legwork, but space is also crucial for stmulation and enrichment. Going from one pod to another is`nt doing that sadly.

It`s a choice everyone has to make for their own pets, but I always say if your going to keep a hamster, gerbils, mice or any other small pet, it`s best to go as big as possible and look at everything on the market and speak to other people for advice. Many people are kidded into buying these over-priced gimmicks and I know they are not cheap, but when you compare the Ovo or Rotastak or small Critter-trail adaptions to some of the larger barred cages ans zoozones that are available at a similar, or sometimes cheaper price, it`s clear to see who`s being ripped off. I saw zoozone 1 tanks online yesterday going for £28 with free delivery! If that`s not a bargain I don`t know what is! :mad:

So there are better habitats out there that are much, much more suitable than Ovo or similar caging.

Gizmodo ^_^
06-12-2011, 08:35 AM
The cage is too small for any hamster to live happily in, its cramped, circular which is bad, and has bad ventilation

wiggle'smommy
06-12-2011, 08:39 AM
The fact that these cages are manufactured and sold as suitable `housing` for hamsters, people will buy and use them through no fault of their own. It`s much like the hamster `starter` cages. I can`t understand why a hamster has to `start` in anything smaller than a decent cage?

I have also thought this!
Exactly what everyone has said here and I could add that when people compare Ovos to a Zoozone 2 or something similair the Zoozone has so much more space, all the toys can fit in with no hassle and the hammy can run continously, he doesn't have to run - stop - squeeze through tube - run - stop - squeeze through tube etc.

Pomegranate
06-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Sorry, another Habitrail hater checking in. It's small unless you spend an absolute mint (and even if you do, it's still not ideal), time-consuming and fiddly to clean, bad ventilation, potential for condensation or even mould build-up, difficult for taming nervous hammies, circular (hamsters like wall-hugging, it makes them feel safe), not large enough for a big wheel, compartment design can cause fighting in groups, Syrians can outgrow the tubes, and dwarf hamsters' soft furry feet struggle to climb them (unless the setup is all one level, as with Jasmine's old setup, rather than the vertical design they normally show on their boxes).

They're made to please people, not hamsters. Just completely unsuitable. :(

lisab
06-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Another hater hear :P

They are just so bad. Very much aimed at the people buying them and not whats best for the hamster

CoolcatNatNat44
06-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Another habitrail hater checking in too, i just agree with what everyone said, apart from that the colours are nice :D

SnickersTheFirst
06-12-2011, 09:58 AM
I just think it's really hard to have a decent set up, most of the pods are tiny as are the tubes. It would cost so much to buy a big enough set up that you may aswell buy a big cage.

Ventilation is poor as it is all plastic and there are no corners which hamsters like.

Ministottie
06-12-2011, 10:16 AM
I agree with everything that has already been said, just wanted to add that I think they look great to us, but to the hamster I can imagine it being horrible to live in.

linford27
06-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Sorry, another Habitrail hater checking in. It's small unless you spend an absolute mint (and even if you do, it's still not ideal), time-consuming and fiddly to clean, bad ventilation, potential for condensation or even mould build-up, difficult for taming nervous hammies, circular (hamsters like wall-hugging, it makes them feel safe), not large enough for a big wheel, compartment design can cause fighting in groups, Syrians can outgrow the tubes, and dwarf hamsters' soft furry feet struggle to climb them (unless the setup is all one level, as with Jasmine's old setup, rather than the vertical design they normally show on their boxes).

They're made to please people, not hamsters. Just completely unsuitable. :(

*i can see why you say its too small, however the picture posted is not the one i have. i have the one with a main pod, lots of (about 4) different tubes tunelling along, i have 3 pods, a water compartment,
*i dont mind the time consuming,
*bad ventilation? how do you know this can i ask?
*i can see why its difficult for taming, but with my hamster its not and he's tame
*circular? yes, maybe a bad point
*wheel? perosnally i feel the wheel is large enough, his back is not arched when he uses it
*fighting? he's on his own
*outgrow tubes? they're big enoguh, and he gets up and down them fine

reviewing these points and answers, it seems the only bad thing is that its circular, however he has not bumped at all and gets around fine, maybe this cage is ok for my particular hamster, he doesnt seem unhappy?

Pomegranate
06-12-2011, 10:55 AM
*i can see why you say its too small, however the picture posted is not the one i have. i have the one with a main pod, lots of (about 4) different tubes tunelling along, i have 3 pods, a water compartment,
*i dont mind the time consuming,
*bad ventilation? how do you know this can i ask?
*i can see why its difficult for taming, but with my hamster its not and he's tame
*circular? yes, maybe a bad point
*wheel? perosnally i feel the wheel is large enough, his back is not arched when he uses it
*fighting? he's on his own
*outgrow tubes? they're big enoguh, and he gets up and down them fine

reviewing these points and answers, it seems the only bad thing is that its circular, however he has not bumped at all and gets around fine, maybe this cage is ok for my particular hamster, he doesnt seem unhappy?

Even with a different setup, it's still too small.
The bad ventilation is in the round units particularly - there are reports of hamsters dying of suffocation in these, especially when nesting as their bedding fills the few ventilation holes there are.
I'm glad your hamster is tame, but barracading himself in one unit and then only coming out for food and water is hardly a good sign.
Is he a baby? They often out grow wheels as they get older. 8" is a good minimum size, but some adults need an 11" wheel.
Fighting is a general point - with groups of dwarf hamsters, a single level one-main-area cage is best to avoid terrorial fighting.
And with the tubes; again, they can out grow them. If he's a baby, they're probably fine for him for the moment.

KatiePillow
06-12-2011, 11:03 AM
As fluffy said, if it's working for your hamster then it's up to the owners discression.
The main problems are for the owner in that you can't place toys as easily, and if your syrian does outgrow the wheel or tunnels then it's not a good cage for those syrians.

I wouldn't recommend it as a cage to somebody who didn't have one already, since it's very expensive to get a nice large set up, and it's considerably easier to just get one nice large cage which the hamster won't grow out of (tubes wheel etc), but if it's working out for you then people aren't pressurising you to replace it if you're having no issues with it.

People are mostly against the ovo because a lot of syrians grow out of the wheel (it's 7.5" I think?) and there's no way to put an 8" or 11" wheel in to replace it. Some hamsters do get stuck in the tubing. And it's harder to tame in and more expensive than a single level cage.

Jasmine
06-12-2011, 11:03 AM
I didn't think there was an Ovo bigger than the Loft?:confused: I've seen the smaller pods with the wheel in but not seen one bigger than the loft. I didn't keep my dwarf hamsters in them long, I upgraded them to an Imac fantasy cage each.

linford27
06-12-2011, 11:11 AM
hmm, maybe it needs to be bigger then?
do you think buying a whole new one (Habitrail OVO Suite Hamster Habitat: Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Habitrail-OVO-Suite-Hamster-Habitat/dp/B000UODW6U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1307902212&sr=8-2))
and taking the wheel/bowl thing out the orange bit, so its a big spce, and conncecting it to the one i already have, adding the extra tubes, so he'd have 2 orange bits, one with a wheel/bowl, the other i can put toys in? would that help?

KatiePillow
06-12-2011, 11:16 AM
I'd just buy a box (like a storage box) and connect that instead, would work out far cheaper :)

Lou_angel84
06-12-2011, 11:17 AM
When I adopted my Syrian from my sisters friend she was in one of these cages... But not anymore! Not only was it a pain to clean, it was just way too small! She filled the tubes, there was no space for her to move! I hated it! I swiftly bought her a ferplast guinea pig cage and now she lives in a mansion sized home! :)

Pomegranate
06-12-2011, 11:19 AM
If you're set on sticking with Habitrail, could you add another Loft unit to it or a bin cage? That would certainly help with space. :) Here's some inspiration (http://www.petforums.co.uk/rodents/62943-acorns-palace.html).

Jasmine
06-12-2011, 11:20 AM
do you think buying a whole new one (Habitrail OVO Suite Hamster Habitat: Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Habitrail-OVO-Suite-Hamster-Habitat/dp/B000UODW6U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1307902212&sr=8-2))
and taking the wheel/bowl thing out the orange bit, so its a big spce, and conncecting it to the one i already have, adding the extra tubes, so he'd have 2 orange bits, one with a wheel/bowl, the other i can put toys in? would that help?
Wouldn't just the maze on it's own be about the same size? Not sure how big the ones with the wheel are but from pictures they look about the same size as the maze. You can take the cardboard play things out of them.

Habitrail OVO - Products (http://www.habitrail.com/ovo/eng/products/add_mazeblue.php)

Lily
06-12-2011, 11:25 AM

Hi,:D

I had the ovo for a dwarf hamster, the one with the smaller tubes, I had to take the step and wheel out as it was too small and this created much more space.

I think adding a bin cage to it is a good idea, it would not cost much and you could use the tubes you already have to join it somehow.

wiggle'smommy
06-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Indeed, adding a bin would be the best option, I did that and I think Wiggles was a lot happier (he isn't in a ovo, though). Or, even better, do what I'm doing and sell the whole contraption and use the money you get to buy a Zoozone 2! (You don't have to, it's just what I'm doing curently :) )

Womblehands
06-12-2011, 11:53 AM
I agree with Wiggle's Mommy, sell the unit and get something much easier for you and your hammy. A zoozone can be bought for about 20.00 these days from ebay.. would mean lots more toys for him to explore..And as he gets older would be easier to check his health and such. If he's a syrian he will prob grow a lot, My Pickle is massive! I know he wouldn't be able to comfortably fit in the tubes..

fsrv
06-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Hello,
I have set-ups a bit like that of Jasmine's (with a few more extentsions) and a second external wheel (both wheels 19cm). The overall surface if you add everything is ~6000cm2 (I think that ZZ2 is ~5000cm2). My hamsters seem happy, but then-I don't speak hamster-tongue to know for sure what they think of them :-)
The main problem is the price. At the time that I bought them, I didn't know that you can mesh a zoozone and convert it to a hamster cage, so ovos were the biggest readymade set-ups possible.
Another problem is the poor ventilation when it's hot (which is rare here). To remedy this, I recently added an extra small normal cage with bars to my set-up . People say hamsters like corners, but mine don't seem to have a preference- they don't particularly like their barred add-ons, unless they avoid them because they are still too new for them. In fact, they give me the impression they avoid them because they feel exposed.
I have to add here, that my hamsters get as much floor time as they choose, they usually stay out ~ 1h before they return by themselves to their cage. So -I think that- they are not bored and thankfully they don't chew bars.
Also they are both males, and relatively thin (145g and 155g), so they can move freely in the tubes. Apparently fatter males and females can get stuck in the tubes.
The issue about washing- yes, there's a lot of little things to wash and it certainly takes a lot of time, but I prefer having lots of small modules that fit in the sink- I guess that's a personal choice. To clean +dry both takes about one hour every week.
People have written that the parts don't fit properly, but I guess they must have had a faulty piece, because I've never had problems with parts not snapping into place.
In summary, as I said before, the main negative is that for the price of a decent ovo set-up, you could have gotten a much cheaper big cage (especially if you are in Europe).

Jasmine
06-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Hello,
I have set-ups a bit like that of Jasmine's (with a few more extentsions) and a second external wheel (both wheels 19cm). The overall surface if you add everything is ~6000cm2 (I think that ZZ2 is ~5000cm2). My hamsters seem happy, but then-I don't speak hamster-tongue to know for sure what they think of them :-)
The main problem is the price. At the time that I bought them, I didn't know that you can mesh a zoozone and convert it to a hamster cage, so ovos were the biggest readymade set-ups possible.
Another problem is the poor ventilation when it's hot (which is rare here). To remedy this, I recently added an extra small normal cage with bars to my set-up . People say hamsters like corners, but mine don't seem to have a preference- they don't particularly like their barred add-ons, unless they avoid them because they are still too new for them. In fact, they give me the impression they avoid them because they feel exposed.
I have to add here, that my hamsters get as much floor time as they choose, they usually stay out ~ 1h before they return by themselves to their cage. So -I think that- they are not bored and thankfully they don't chew bars.
Also they are both males, and relatively thin (145g and 155g), so they can move freely in the tubes. Apparently fatter males and females can get stuck in the tubes.
The issue about washing- yes, there's a lot of little things to wash and it certainly takes a lot of time, but I prefer having lots of small modules that fit in the sink- I guess that's a personal choice. To clean +dry both takes about one hour every week.
People have written that the parts don't fit properly, but I guess they must have had a faulty piece, because I've never had problems with parts not snapping into place.
In summary, as I said before, the main negative is that for the price of a decent ovo set-up, you could have gotten a much cheaper big cage (especially if you are in Europe).

Yes to be honest my russian had about as much room (maybe more) in the ovo loft and extensions that I have in the picture as what the savic rody or Imac has so personally I don't think that is cruel. I wouldn't buy this cage again as there is far more choice out there now but I wasn't cruel to keep one russian or robo in that cage. They might be a bit narrower than the Rody but they are longer I think if I remember rightly. I don't like the pods with a wheel in though because I know some people have just kept their Syrian hamsters in one of those and a few tubes above it and one of the sleeping pods at the top.

These are the dimensions for the ovo loft 69cm (27in) long, 30cm (12in) wide and 25cm (10in) high and the Savic Rody 26 x 39 x 55cm so the loft is longer but 2 1/2 inches narrower but you can add the maze extension on the loft and the bedding one and another smaller maze one too.

thelittleteacup
06-13-2011, 05:54 AM
i actually like these cages!
i have a large set up for my ww bon bon...i have the loft, two mazes, and 3 of the smaller circle things! i didnt buy it for myself though they were presents...i'd never be able to spend that much.

there are plently of problems though...

- i'd never use it for any untame hamsters
- never for a syrain either..i feel sorry for the ones who end up in them
- cleaning i dont find a problem, i take out all the bedding and sawdust..then hoover the scraps and wash the insides without taking anything apart....i do this twice a week...and my hamster is litter trained..also once a month it all comes apart and is soaked.
- i dont use any of the tubes...everything is connected straight on to each other across a table..not ideal
- i do think they are marketed wrongly...the pad or suite sets especially
- the wheel is big enough for a dwarf
- the water bottle that comes with it is terrible, my ww drinks from a heavy ceramic bowl
-i havent had a problem with ventilation yet, but if you lived in a hot country i would image you would have
- im not really a fan of any tubes on a hamster cage...you will have poo and seeds and pee building up in them!
- i do not like the orange plastc towers inside that the wheels connect to....the underneath hidy space..has poor ventilation and is stuffy...also the steps up too the bowl are very hard for furry footed dwarfies to climb! ...i do however like the wheel and have attached it to a stand.

overall my ww seems very content, he has lived in a bar cage and was contantly clibing up to the ceiling and faling great heights...then he had a huge fish tank which he hated and seemed to hide and not like the exposure...so i have to say he has been happiest in the ovos....but if i hadnt had got them i would have considered a mini duna or imac bingo...much better value for money.

LocoRocoPanda
06-13-2011, 06:55 AM
I don't like the OVO. I consider them to just be modern looking versions of Rotastaks. >.<

fuzzycritters88
06-13-2011, 11:43 AM
i was going to make up a habitrail ovo set up but after hearing all the bad things about it i was put off so now i am going to be getting a zoozone 2

Nagrom
06-14-2011, 12:01 AM
I have never had one or even seen one in real life.So my comment to follow comes from pictures I have observed and personal logical thinking.The ovo is a great Idea,I don't think anyone can disagree with that,hamsters do sleep in "burrows" I put "" beacuse that's the thing the accrual only sleep in them,they don't spend every waking hour in there burrow,running around tunnels,"they are not moles".So if you had and Ovo in a aquarium under the substrate they your hamster could sleep in that would be fine,but hamsters are ground dwelers whom spend most of there waking hours looking for food on huge open plains,and ten return to there habitat and store food sleep and then the cycle is started again.Now many people use houses in there tanks or barred cage for there hamster to sleep in.That just as unnatural as a Ovo but atleast when the awake they have got floor space to explore,hamsters learn quickly and by having floor space to play with by changing the layout and stuff,we can keep our hamsters mentally entertained,beacuse they will feel like they have a new area to explore every so often weekly if you ask me.But in a Ovo once they know where everything is,that's it you can't change things around.Just imagen how bored you would be.Then there is the fact that it's plastic,Which causes a number of problems when it comes to Hamster health,also they if bored enough can chew right out.If you must use a Ovo,morally you must connect a huge bin to it,to act as a outside like experience for your hamster,then the Ovo should be fine,for a dwarf.But Syrain hamsters should never be kept in one,firstly beacuse that would be like making a human live in his toilet his whole live.They need space and the tubes are tiny and they can't get through them easily.I have stoped put tubes in my Syrains tank,beacuse when my hamster has a choice wether to go through them or just walk around them.It chooses the latter walks around.And lastly I can only imagen what a huge mission it must be to clean that Ovo,I feel your pain.But if you want to keep it by all means do but then you must by moral standards connect atleast a 70 liter bin cage just so it can run around.

Krou
07-02-2011, 08:25 AM
I have 1 suite and 1 pad with chewable maze, but also a small cage. I'm not disappointed by them, they are extremely easy (even fun) to clean and very convenient for transport, but if I could choose again from the beginning what kind of habitat I'd buy, I wouldn't choose OVO mostly because they cost a lot to build a decent sized home, a big cage would be better and more customizable. I do have lots of fun rearranging the OVo parts and then watching Tesla exploring the new layout but I don't think it's good enough for the hamster. Maybe a dwarf hamster will be fine, but for a syrian you need lots of stuff and they cost a lot.
One of the problems is that her OVO wheel has become too small for her, it's 16.5 cm and probably needs 20 cm, and her cage is 22cm high but I also haven't found any big wheels yet :/ Greek hamster market isn't that big and I might have to order a wodent wheel soon.

Kristin
07-03-2011, 06:57 AM
I don't like the cage. The end!

:)

Roxie
07-03-2011, 07:30 AM
I don't like the cage. The end!

:)

Straight to the point, I like your style :p

fsrv
07-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Greek hamster market isn't that big and I might have to order a wodent wheel soon.[/QUOTE]

Ah! Another greek person on hc?

Kristin
07-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Straight to the point, I like your style :p
:D

Hehe, thanks hun

;)

Krou
07-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Ah! Another greek person on hc?

yes!! :)

*msg too short*

mangoandmimi
07-03-2011, 09:10 AM
theres too many bad points about ovos so im not going to say much more, apart from the fact that i think they are made for the pleasure of people and i dont think hamsters have actually crossed the manufacturers minds once despite the fact that they have to live in them :I

Krou
07-03-2011, 09:57 AM
theres too many bad points about ovos so im not going to say much more, apart from the fact that i think they are made for the pleasure of people and i dont think hamsters have actually crossed the manufacturers minds once despite the fact that they have to live in them :I

I agree that they are very amusing for humans, I just had fun 30 minutes rearranging the tubes (I also removed the cardboard maze and filled it with carefresh and buried food--she is really enjoying herself now!). It's not THAT bad for hamsters, IF you have lots of money to spend, they made them for hamsters, but even more to leech money from the customers :P

Gizmodo ^_^
07-03-2011, 10:29 AM
I like honestly believe even with as many extensions as you could buy in the world there not suitable for any breed
their circular, so can't have pee corners, bad ventilation and just bad floor space xD
I know i have posted on this thread, but needed to vent and add more points
overall they are just terrible.

mangoandmimi
07-03-2011, 10:31 AM
oh right, i didnt actually mean like pleasure, i just meant they designed it with people in their minds, not hamsters. i know for sure i would hate to clean out those things every week, it would drive me insane!

Pomegranate
07-03-2011, 10:36 AM
oh right, i didnt actually mean like pleasure, i just meant they designed it with people in their minds, not hamsters. i know for sure i would hate to clean out those things every week, it would drive me insane!

Oh agreed. Now that I'm used to how easy one large tank-style cage is to clean out, I couldn't use anything else. I'd go mad! :mad:

Gizmodo ^_^
07-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Oh agreed. Now that I'm used to how easy one large tank-style cage is to clean out, I couldn't use anything else. I'd go mad! :mad:

I agree lol
a zoozone1,mini duna, imac bingo etc is just so easy to clean :P

Krou
07-03-2011, 10:48 AM

To be honest I really enjoy cleaning them, they are very easy to clean despite how they look. Of course it depends on how many pieces you have, but they usually aren't much more hassle than a simple cage.

I like honestly believe even with as many extensions as you could buy in the world there not suitable for any breed
their circular, so can't have pee corners, bad ventilation and just bad floor space xD
I know i have posted on this thread, but needed to vent and add more points
overall they are just terrible.

They don't need to have pee corners, Tesla pees in the den (http://www.habitrail.com/ovo/eng/products/add_den.php?color=white)

which is ideal for a toilet since it can be taken out and cleaned separately and also it's far enough so that the pee can't be mixed with the rest of the bedding

ventilation can be a problem yes

Ham Ham Hamstery
07-03-2011, 04:23 PM
more like ventilation is a problem, same with floor space you could buy one cage with all of that cash

Krou
07-03-2011, 11:54 PM
more like ventilation is a problem, same with floor space you could buy one cage with all of that cash

yes I agree;)

Gizmodo ^_^
07-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Pee corners help a lot...
the main problem is the space
you can buy as many extensions in the world!
but in my opinion it would never be sufficient space, and that there lies the issue.

mrnibblesmommy
07-04-2011, 12:13 AM
mr nibbles has a super pet potty from petsmart, i can put it anywhere and he uses it - and its so nice, i just clear out the clumps his cage always smells great and is rarely ever messy or anything - cleaning it each time is like cleaning out a clean cage lol :)

DarkSpectriality
06-26-2018, 09:53 AM
They are actually good when you connect it to a seperate bin/aquarium/detolf/diy spacious cages. Im planning on combining a dwarf hamster habitat, a loft and an ikea detolf for my hamsters so it reaches the reccomended german floorspace which is 10000 square centimeters, ikea detolf being 7009, i already got the loft which is 2090.32 which makes 9099.32 and hopefully will be 10000 square centimeters with the dwarf hamster habitat. I think that it will be actually really good, the detolf being the running area and out-den area which is similar to natural open spaces and the habitrail stuff could be like its underground burrow but actually ontop of the ikea detolf, I don't think that it being not physically under won't make a big deal.