PDA

View Full Version : New style hamster heaven, need help with set up

sandraturpin361
06-09-2011, 06:13 AM
Hi there

I am new to the forum and have my first syrian hamster named Pixie. She is currently in a two tier Imac but I have just had the hamster heaven delivered from Zooplus. There is no instructions or check list so no idea if I have everything or how to set it up. Hoping my husband will be able to work it out when he gets home but I am so impatient to get it fixed up :mad:

Can anyone help?

Does anyone have the new style heaven with pics to show or can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to find pics. I have only found pics of the old style.

Thanks

Sandra

Hope
06-09-2011, 06:30 AM
Hi Sandra and welcome :) Congrats on your fab new cage. :)

Although I do not have this cage myself several members here do so they should be able to help you out.

sandraturpin361
06-09-2011, 06:44 AM
Thank you :D

Jasmine
06-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Is this the cage you have?

HAMSTER HEAVEN METRO | Savic (http://www.savic.be/hamster-heaven-metro)

sandraturpin361
06-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Yes, that's the one

racinghamster
06-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Hi Sandra I`m over near Alloa! :) You probably have a lot of tubes with this particular cage right? I nearly bought one myself but opted for the Savic Mickey 2XL cage which just arrived yesterday from equinecaninefeline.com and my syrian Boris is now residing in it!

If I were you (and it`s a personal preference really) I would`nt use the tubes that go up over the roof. I would block off both holes with stoppers you can buy for Savic cages. Syrians are large hamsters so could end up spending most of their time up in the plastic stuffy tubes and they can be a pain to remove and to clean!

Likewise, the shelves that come with these cages can be hit or miss. I`m not too sure which style you have. I just use a Superpet mesh corner shelf in my cage with a log-ladder going up to it (I cable tied a strip of logs onto a metal ladder for ease of use! ;)) and a tissue box on top where Boris loves to sit in the evening and do his thing!

The large door on this cage is brilliant though and my XL has the same door, which is why I wanted one. It makes such a difference having decent access.

Jasmine
06-09-2011, 07:43 AM
I took the tubes away from Toby our Syrian when we first got him and put the ladder up to the little green penthouse instead but he was miserable and wouldn't use the penthouse until I put the tubes back so back they went.:mad:

He's fine with them though and only really uses them to store food in and get to his penthouse. Just make sure the yellow squares where the tubes go in are securely clipped down so that your hamster can't escape.

sandraturpin361
06-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Sounds all so complicated, at least it does to me :mad: Yes, there are tubes with the cage. Will try them out and see how it goes. There are tubes leading to each level in the Imac Fantasy she is in just now. Was actually considering moving Charlie my dwarf hamster into that when Pixie is in the new cage.

Jasmine
06-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Sounds all so complicated, at least it does to me :mad: Yes, there are tubes with the cage. Will try them out and see how it goes. There are tubes leading to each level in the Imac Fantasy she is in just now. Was actually considering moving Charlie my dwarf hamster into that when Pixie is in the new cage.

I hate putting the tubes together after I've washed them all so my o.h does it for me.:mad:

If you ever decide you don't want the tubes and want to plug the two holes up then you can get the little squares and plugs to cover the holes here..

Small Pet Tubes : Hamster Tubes - SAVIC - All Designs & Fittings Available : www.EquineCanineFeline.com the place to buy all your Pet Products, Horse Products and Pet Supplies online (http://www.equinecaninefeline.com/catalog/hamster-tubes-savic-designs-fittings-available-p-7417.html)

sandraturpin361
06-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Thanks Jasmine, that's good to know :)

sandraturpin361
06-09-2011, 08:06 AM
I took the tubes away from Toby our Syrian when we first got him and put the ladder up to the little green penthouse instead but he was miserable and wouldn't use the penthouse until I put the tubes back so back they went.:mad:

He's fine with them though and only really uses them to store food in and get to his penthouse. Just make sure the yellow squares where the tubes go in are securely clipped down so that your hamster can't escape.

Can you tell me what you put into the little yellow dish that comes with it. I know the pink one will be for food.

I have 3 plastic brackets and screws? Is that all there should be?