PDA

View Full Version : 3 Level hamster cage

fazedevil
06-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Couple years ago, i had this exact 3 level hamster cage, it was spacious, and fuzzy used to climb the walls and even the roofs of it.

Do you guys think is is good cage for regular hamster? and enough room? and how would i cover the floors that his feet wont get stuck

3 Level Hamster Cage !! (http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=288976196)

mrnibblesmommy
06-08-2011, 09:06 PM
if by regular u mean syrian hamster (and im assuming u do) then no, i don't believe that cage is big enough for a syrian...judging solely on the picture..i have that exact pink travel case in front of that cage, to take my hams to and from the vets. it's VERY tiny travel case...and looks to be the length/width of the cage which would make that way too small. a dwarf MIGHT be ok in there..im not sure as i've never owned one before, depending upon the bar spacing, and i don't think robos could be in there at all...hopefully some other people come along soon to give u their opinions :-)

Dollface
06-08-2011, 10:47 PM
I'd personally say definitely not. I think it looks very small, particularly in length and width. It may have 3 floors, but they really don't make up for the length of it. Though, the picture may make it look smaller than it is (though I highly doubt it). What are the measurements?

purple_x
06-09-2011, 07:07 AM
I would say this is not suitable for a syrian or a dwarf.
It's too high and not long and wide enough. Hamsters need more floor space than they do height.
I'd be worried that a hammy would climb up to the roof and fall and break their little bones/kill themselves.

Pomegranate
06-09-2011, 09:11 AM
^ What they said. It's not ideal for any hamster species. One large horizontal space would be better.

mangoandmimi
06-09-2011, 09:38 AM
i agree, most hamsters prefer one big space :) my minimum for syrians (im assuming thats what you mean by regular) is 80x50cm x

Gizmodo ^_^
06-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Id say thats way too small for a syrian...
80x50 is my reccomendation for one.

mrnibblesmommy
06-09-2011, 01:39 PM
i went looking and that cage is a Hagen Loft Playhouse, the dimensions are Approx. 20"L x 28"H x 14"D....the height will not compensate for the lack of space on the bottom level..which is indeed the most important bit - also with being over 2 ft tall there's also the concern of a fall..from that high, i have serious doubts if a hammie could survive a fall like that without injury...