PDA

View Full Version : Hagen Big One/Alexander Cage

Gizmodo ^_^
06-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Just spotted this Small Pet Cage Alexander | eBay UK (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Small-Pet-Cage-Alexander-/280692084751?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item415a8d500f)
on Ebay :O
my dream cage, with the remainder of my birthday money (i have quite a lot left) im going to try and win it for Fudge.
Bruno doesn't need bigger than 80x50 :3

Hamtastic
06-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Good luck, John! Though you may have just gotten yourself some competition, posting it here :)

stellanova1
06-07-2011, 11:14 AM
BARGAIN! I hope you win it! :D

But John, maybe posting things you want so everyone can also see it isn't the best idea...it will just make more people see it and possibly bid against you...just a tip ;)
Be great to hear all about your win once you've won it though! :D

Gizmodo ^_^
06-07-2011, 11:15 AM
BARGAIN! I hope you win it! :D

But John, maybe posting things you want so everyone can also see it isn't the best idea...it will just make more people see it and possibly bid against you...just a tip ;)
Be great to hear all about your win once you've won it though! :D

Yeah but then at least if i dont win it, hopefully someone on the forum will put it to good use :)

Womblehands
06-07-2011, 11:19 AM
What a nice thing to say.. I hope people who see it don't bid as you have been poorly lately.. sniff sniff..
Right guys nobody bid ok?!!!
Honestly tho I hope you get it.. check at the last few mins when it ends to ensure any sneaky bids don't occur

Pomegranate
06-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Ooh, well spotted! I'm so tempted to bid, but I've no use or funds for it - I hope you get it! :D

check at the last few mins when it ends to ensure any sneaky bids don't occur

If I were you, I'd be one of those sneaky bidders, and wouldn't bid until the last thirty seconds (make sure you're already logged into eBay), and then put in your absolute maximum. Make it an odd number just over a milestone figure, like £41.76 instead of £40. If you bid before then, you'll just be driving the price up. Make sure you agree a maximum figure beforehand, don't let panic drive you. That way, if you do get it, it might be for way under your maximum, but if it goes over and you don't get it, you at least know the person who did get it has paid over the odds. :p

Oh, and set an alarm on your phone for twenty minutes before the auction ends to remind you; I've slept through many an auction before I started doing that. :mad:

Hamtastic
06-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Be careful. I would have at least 2 windows open ready to bid in each. It's good to bid during the last minute of the auction, but sometimes other people bid right then as well or someone bids high and you don't see the final "ceiling" bid they've made until you put yours and get auto-outbid. So then you go to the second eBay bid window right away and make another bid fast.

I hope you get it!!!

Alternatively, you could message the seller and ask if he wouldn't mind putting a buyout price or negotiate one with him.

Gizmodo ^_^
06-07-2011, 12:22 PM
I use 2 tabs, and also do an odd number, i also normally bid in the last 10 seconds but have it all setup :)

shazzy
06-07-2011, 12:37 PM
to save a bidding war on the forum, there are actually 2 of these cages available :) here's the other Small Pet Cage Alexander | eBay UK (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Small-Pet-Cage-Alexander-/280692086241?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item415a8d55e1)

it has missing clips but could be adapted

LocoRocoPanda
06-07-2011, 01:17 PM
OOoooh so tense. XD Like watching two cats circling each other.

Only joking it's all fun. =3 may the oddest number win.

CoolcatNatNat44
06-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Ooo thats a nice cage and its huge, shame i need a plastic one as i hate bar chewing lol and mess :P

Sarah90
06-07-2011, 08:20 PM
I won't post the link so as not to encourage too many bidders but if you go to that user's 'items for sale' it looks as though they have two of that Alexander cage up for bidding ending four minutes apart, so if you lose the first one, get to the other one quick sharp and try for it!

LoveMyHams
06-07-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm soooo jealous that the UK has all the good cages! You'd have competition if I wasn't over here!

supermum
06-08-2011, 01:27 AM
I am toying with the idea of one of these cages as need to get Cordelia a new one asap, but I am worried about fitting a wheel, it doesnt look like theres anywhere to put an 11" one. Cage sizing confuses me lol.

Good luck with the bidding xx

racinghamster
06-08-2011, 06:18 AM
An 11" wheel (on it`s stand) would likely fit into this particular cage as it`s taller than most and has a vaulted roof. The senior wodent wheel is 30cm tall on it`s stand and cages like the Ruffy, the Mickey 2XL and Hamster Heaven are all 38cm tall. :)

The Alexander is a fine large cage for a syrian, but you do need the space to accommodate it. I`ve just purchased a Savic Mickey 2XL for equinecaninefeline.com for £58.49p with the voucher code ANIMAL for a reduction on the price and this is a nice cage for a syrian or smaller hamsters and is`nt so large as the Alexander, but is large enough.

I saw a Hamster Heaven on ebay and nearly placed a bid on it, but thought it was best to buy a new cage because the seller did`nt accept returns and I was`nt prepared to spend £50 on a cage that might turn up broken.

Pomegranate
06-08-2011, 06:30 AM
Ditto what racinghamster said; this would definitely hold an 11" wheel. You might have to be creative with the placement of the shelves but it would be do-able.

supermum
06-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Thank you, I will show the other half one of the other ones on ebay and see if he is happy to go for one :D xx

Gizmodo ^_^
06-09-2011, 07:42 AM
Ive decided not to try and get it only if its not too expensive
when he gets older ill probably just get him a zoozone2.