PDA

View Full Version : Cage Cleaning Dilemma

LocoRocoPanda
06-05-2011, 07:19 AM
So it's cage cleaning day! (It always is by the time I get home from Birmingham! XD) But I'm debating whether to clean Izu out or not.

His ZZ2 is arriving in a couple of days (YAY! I'm so much more excited than he is but he doesn't know what's going on XD) and I don't know whether to clean him out of just wait for the new cage.

My partner told me do it and then put the bedding and stuff in the cage so then he'll feel better but I don't know. I'm so confused.

Also -.- The shop/local stable place I've been getting aubiose from has run out for now and I'm forced to use Carefresh for the time being (Which I'm not happy about, I'm not a fan of the stuff). Do you think Izu will be annoyed with the new bedding he'll be using for now? :(

fluffymunchkins
06-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Mine usually don't react much to a bedding change so he should be fine :)
Ocassionally I have to use megazorb if aubiose is out of stock and carefresh is my next back up if I can't get to the equine shop.
I think your partners right, if you change the bedding now he can get his scent on it for a couple of days before you put it in the new cage.

Tammanae
06-06-2011, 11:56 AM
I am going to agree with your partner and go with the cage cleaning. I bought my girl a new cage a couple of days ago, and I changed the cage the day before, as it was cage cleaning day. What I did was simply mix in her current bedding with some new bedding (as the cage was much larger) so she would feel more comfortable with her own scent in such an unfamiliar place. ^^