PDA

View Full Version : New home made cage i build for my 2 hamsters

EliteDan
05-30-2011, 03:36 PM
I got 2 hamsters one male one female called cid and bubbles so i had to make cage each so i made one thats joined on let me know what u think.

souffle
05-30-2011, 03:50 PM
They don't have access to each other do they Dan? Are they Syrian? Looks roomy with all the sections though I wouldn't like the job of cleaning it out and watch the ventilation on the rotastac pods. The wire platform on the barred cage needs covered over just in case someone hurts their feet on it.

mangoandmimi
05-30-2011, 03:52 PM
it all looks joined together?
does look nice though, i dont like to imagine your house on cleaning days though XD

fluffymunchkins
05-31-2011, 01:04 AM
Looks great fun for them :)
I do hope they aren't living together though

EliteDan
05-31-2011, 04:43 AM
no the main cage has a wall right in the middle with mesh wire through the middle so they cant get to each other but they can see each other

mangoandmimi
05-31-2011, 04:46 AM
what type of hamsters are they?
hamsters can actually reach right through the mesh and still do harm to each other so i'd really keep an eye on them... :Px

EliteDan
05-31-2011, 04:50 AM
they love to clime the wire mesh right to the top to get to the top level instead of using the ramp. and they never really use there will much since the new big cage

EliteDan
05-31-2011, 04:52 AM
they are Syrian but they just sniff and kiss each other through the mesh i would put some more pics up but only lets me put 5 up

racinghamster
06-01-2011, 08:03 AM
If it`s only a single mesh where they can easily bite one anothers toes or feet, it might be better to either have a 1" inch gap between the sections (double mesh with wood between) or use a solid wall between them. Either way keep a very close eye on their behaviour towards one another. Even if they can see and smell one another, it could also stress them just knowing there is another hamster close by ready to invade their territory! I don`t particulary like tubular systems because they mimic an underground burrow and don`t give the hamster the space they need. They would also benefit from having an 11" inch diameter wheel each, but I can`t see where you would fit those into a system like this.

EliteDan
06-02-2011, 04:00 AM
If it`s only a single mesh where they can easily bite one anothers toes or feet, it might be better to either have a 1" inch gap between the sections (double mesh with wood between) or use a solid wall between them. Either way keep a very close eye on their behaviour towards one another. Even if they can see and smell one another, it could also stress them just knowing there is another hamster close by ready to invade their territory! I don`t particulary like tubular systems because they mimic an underground burrow and don`t give the hamster the space they need. They would also benefit from having an 11" inch diameter wheel each, but I can`t see where you would fit those into a system like this.

they seem very friendly to each other and they have a 8 half inch wheel each which is big as it is for them. they love climing the mesh together then get to the top and do the moneky bars. the idear of the mesh between is so they can see each other they seem to like each others company they also love the tubes all hamster cages should have some type of tunnles. they have about 1.5m m2 room each so plenty of room. i think hamsters need at least 500mm m2 of room.my main cage is 600mm deep by 800 wide and 400mm high so the have 400x600mm each plus all the other stuff added on and levels