PDA

View Full Version : Cage layout

Nagrom
05-30-2011, 02:34 AM
Does the way in Wich things are place the accually layout of the inside of the cage matter or does it not really play a role in the hamster life.I was just wondering beacuse it's been a thought in my mind for awhile,so yes that's my question have you found that if you layout cage contents in a certain pattern or way it makes a diffrence to your hamsters way of life or not

fluffymunchkins
05-30-2011, 05:09 AM
I certanly think it does :)
You can make life more interesting for a hamster by regularly changing the layout. Its also good to place things so that a hamster has to move around the cage. For example putting the food bowl on the opposite side of the cage to their nest, so they don't become lazy and stay in bed all the time.

Fidgetthefirst
05-30-2011, 05:50 AM
Cage layout is very important!
I change Milos every clean out. It gives them something to explore so they dont become bored as quick. And like FM said, putting the bowl on the opposite side of the cage means they actually have to get up and move- thats another reason why small cages aren't good, everything is so close together!

Gizmodo ^_^
05-30-2011, 05:53 AM
Yep its important :). A more stimulating enviroment is obviously way better for a hamster, and will keep them less bored and more active.

juliedn
05-30-2011, 06:18 AM
I think it does, but I heard constantly changing the layout stresses them out. Hope not, because I love to redecorate a lot.

Nagrom
05-30-2011, 06:24 AM
You guys just gave me some useful insight,like iv send before my peanut lives in a 20 gallon long tank,and I have always had her food bowl right next to her house and her wheel on the opposite side of the cage,swapping the food bowl and the wheel sounds good also making a mission to get there.I have change my stuff around and put her food on a shelf as far as possible away from her bad and her wheel is now in the place of the food bowl.any other layout ideas

Hamtastic
05-30-2011, 06:58 AM
You can look at the "Let's see your cages" thread in the housing section for lots of layout ideas.