PDA

View Full Version : Getting a dwaf campbell

musicqueen
05-26-2011, 06:30 AM
So I went to pets at home today and saw the cutest little dwarf hamster. My mum said I couldn't get it there and then she said I would have to wait but then felt bad when we got home. So I'm now going on Saturday to get the hamster YAY!:-D I only went in to have a look round hehe PAH and spare cages don't mix.

So you know I've got my Syrian Sydney now he's been moved into a gabber.
I have a spare zoozone 1 will that cage be okay?
I would like to get a Karlie Wonderland wheel as Sydney has one and it's so silent. Will the 15cm be okay or should I just get a silent spinner?
Obviously I'm getting some toys but Is there anything else I need to buy or know.

Thanks for all your help:)

Redame
05-26-2011, 07:21 AM
The zoozone 1 would be fine. Note that you have to mesh the top in case the hammy decides to climb out!
The karlie wheel would be just fine for dwarves as well.
For the rest make sure you add a sandbath, dwarves really adore these and it keeps their coat nice. Charlie Chinchilla is safe to use for hamsters.

Enjoy your new addition!

musicqueen
05-26-2011, 07:35 AM
Thank you I already have the chinchilla sand for Sydney and the zoozone is already meshed. I'm glad the Karlie wheel will be okay:)

Malorey
05-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Congrats! Hope you enjoy your new hammie! = D
I'll continue to let others answer your questions, as I have no clue about any of those cages as we don't have them here. xP

Hamtastic
05-26-2011, 09:57 AM
ZooZones can be found on-line in the U.S. Pretty rare, but they can be. I've got one and I'm about to get another, I think. It's pretty much the only cage available from the popular range. I wish we could get Mini Dunas.

KatiePillow
05-26-2011, 10:39 AM
I have a spare zoozone 1 will that cage be okay?
I would like to get a Karlie Wonderland wheel as Sydney has one and it's so silent. Will the 15cm be okay or should I just get a silent spinner?
Obviously I'm getting some toys but Is there anything else I need to buy or know.

Thanks for all your help:)

I found the 15cm wonderland wheels a little small for my babies, I'd go for a 6.5" silent spinner (or a 20cm karlie wheel), that way if the ham turns out to be a bit big it'll be ok.
The basics - no sugar, they can be a bit nippy at first, think that's about it.
zoozone one would be perfect, :)

CoolcatNatNat44
05-26-2011, 11:25 AM
yehh the zoozone 1 is fine and i agree with Katie the 6.5 silent spinner would be better as its easier to clean if the ham pee's on it :)

musicqueen
05-27-2011, 06:37 AM
Thanks guys for your help:) I would get a silent spinner but just worried about the noise as the hamster will be in my bedroom. So still might get the Karlie wheel but just the 20cm one.

fluffymunchkins
05-28-2011, 06:58 AM
The silent spinner and the karlie wheel are both equally as quiet in my opinion :)
But I do love the silent spinner in terms of easy to clean and I love the colours.
I'd be suprised if you were disturbed by the silent spinner at night (I should know I have 4in my room plus a karlie wheel ;))

musicqueen
05-28-2011, 08:27 AM
That's nice to know you have 4 silent spinner wheels in your room, I was really worried about them not being as silent as the karlie. So i've changed my mind and i'm getting the 6.5 silent spinner now of amazon:)

Gizmodo ^_^
05-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Yay for you getting a new hammie ^_^, 6.5 spinner is perfect, and so is a zoozone1.

musicqueen
05-29-2011, 05:47 AM
Thanks Gizmodo:-D I got him yesterday so will post a new thread with pics.

Gizmodo ^_^
05-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Thanks Gizmodo:-D I got him yesterday so will post a new thread with pics.

Yay looking forward to piccies ^_^, is he settling in okay? :)