PDA

View Full Version : Ok Robo Time

Beowolf72
06-05-2007, 04:08 AM
Well, two of our Robo's, Pinky and Piper, seem to be getting along. I have had the displeasure, hehe, of looking over and seeing some, we should say, fun times happening.

Well there are times though that when Pinky is sniffing Piper, and is about to begin, she turns around really quick and they both stand on their hind feet, with their front feet pushing on eachother. No squeeking or anything. Piper runs off, Pinky follows, it happens again, then she allows Pinky to mate with her.

Is that normal, or is she just lettinghim get it done and over with?

souffle
06-05-2007, 08:03 AM
They are only receptive to mating for a few hours so she may not be quite ready at first. Or maybe she is just fed up with him pestering her :roll:

Holly
06-05-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm slightly confused by your post - do you actually want them to breed? Do they live together? I've never kept Robos but I'm aware that pairs kept together can be a bit slower to get going (with mating) than other dwarf breeds but, as far as I'm aware, once they start they have as many back to back litters as the others....

It's just your "displeasure" that's got me confused - you know they are male and female so you know they will ultimately have babies (and lots of them) right?

Beowolf72
06-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Yes we want them to breed, and I know as soon as she is pregnant, we will be seperating them as to not have back to back litters.

My displeasure was catching them in the act, almost like walking in on your parents. You know they do it, but you don't wanna see it.