PDA

View Full Version : Re-searching while on the train

vicky1804
04-19-2011, 02:16 AM
Hi all
Currently sat on the train on the way back from London.
Was my birthday yesterday (26 now eek!) so spent the weekend away with Alex.
Iv been thinking about getting a Chinese for a while but was trying to make my mind up between one of these or 2 mice.
Since I already have 4 mice iv decided to really look into these.
Been doing my research and looking around but I cant find a breeder anywhere near me :(
I have a tank at home that the little one can live in until its bigger than have a Savic Peggy for it to move to. Going to do this up all nice for it, got toys, wheels etc.
Just rang p@h (I know) they have some in, little girls so im going to have a look. I need to go anyway as I need Locusts for my Leopard Gecko.

Just going through all the old posts in this section aswell as Google.
When choosing a little one can anyone give me any ideas what to look for. I know about clear eyes, bum etc I mean when choosing a well balance hamster at all?
I know Pets @ Home isnt great, sorry.

Thank you

LocoRocoPanda
04-19-2011, 02:20 AM
Happy late birthday and you're leaving my hometown, hope you enjoyed it XD
Always ask to hold the hammy first, they should let you anyway but that way you can check weight, temperment and also make sure their fur is in good condition as well. I've had two chinese from Pets At Home and both of them were wonderful but then again it's hit and miss really.

SarahJ
04-19-2011, 02:23 AM
I got 2 Chineses from P@h one passed not so long ago but myother is going strong at 2yrs and 8 months now :)

The only thing with p@h is they dont normaly let you hold the hamster and where they are never handled they can be very timid.

vicky1804
04-19-2011, 02:40 AM
Loco, I had a great weekend we went to the Zoo yesterday:), we are actually moving to West London in July.
Really excited. My pets at home appear to be ok, the lady was really nice when I was loking at the Campbells.
Im hoping since its really nice, people will be out for the day at the beach etc so fingers crossed they wont be too busy.
Im always a little weary when they wont let you hold them but since im a grown up (Supposedly lol)
The last time I was in checking out the Chinese there was a gorgeous lil Chin trying to dig under a log. It had about 4-5 of its siblings in and the lil guy couldnt figure out why the log kept rolling onto his head lol I would have had him if id had the space.
I know they can be nervous but I gather im best looking for one thats not as nervous as the rest, if that makes sence. The outgoing one?

My train gets in at 11.24 bus home is an hour later and comfy walk to p@h will take about 10 mins, so by 12 I may be a Chinese Hammie owner (Evil Cackle) lol
Cheers