PDA

View Full Version : My hamsters look like they are fighting!

jelly
03-29-2007, 08:38 PM
First of all, they aren't acting like themselves and they don't look good because they look like they fight. I see them rustling in the tube or like running after each other. When they were going down the tube it looked like one bit the other or something. Jelly helped Chibi when she was hurt with her leg and they sleep together,snuggle together,eat together,and play together. We know that they are sisters and that they are girls. Please help and give advice. Should I seperate them although I don't want to because usually if they're seperated they try to get to the other or they do something.

souffle
03-30-2007, 12:20 AM
What type are they Jelly? Female Campbells and winter whites will often start to fight especially as they mature and the breeding season starts up. Having a lot of tubes and areas where they can corner each other makes it more likely they will squabble. If either has bite marks or appears very bullied you will need to separate them and it is unlikely you will be able to re-introduce. If you have two of everything, are scatter feeding on the floor and not using a bowl, have plenty open space, are doing half cleans to retain their scent, always handle both together and rub their scents over each other and they still fight and draw blood then you will need to separate them I would say.

jelly
03-30-2007, 08:59 PM
They're robos, Jelly is gaining weight too if that's any guess. Well she isn't exactlygaining weight but she looks a tiny bit bigger